List Mgmt. We need more campaigners

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
I saw this brought up in the game day thread and thinking more about yesterday's game it becomes painfully clear that we simply don't have enough *******s on our list.

We used to. Crowley and Ballas are 2 obvious ones. Even Zac Dawson was a bit of a knob. Guys that would go out of their way to piss off opponents just for the sake of it. Guys that wouldn't take any s**t from anyone and they don't give a rats what anyone thinks. Guys that argue the point with the umpires even though they're clearly in the wrong. You NEED those players, and every decent team has them. Richmond - Dusty is a flog extraordinaire, Lynch and Riewoldt are complete ********s, Broad is a tosser. Don't start me on Cotchin - he's such a twat he married one as well. Moving down to West Coast - you have ******* Darling, McGovern is a w***er under every possible meaning of the term and I reckon Tim Kelly is up there in the dickhead rankings. The Lions have Robinson and Rayner is a promising dickhead. Geelong - jeez, count the arsehats there. Full of them. All great footballers mind you.

Who have we got? Freaking nobody. Fyfe is the closest we have, but I reckon he only pipes up because he really cares and he's a bit eccentric, not because of any innate dickheadness. We delist our knobheads. We got rid of Hogan and McCarthy just last year. But when the chips are down and we need someone to make a stand and start mouthing off to fire everyone up, who can we turn to? We got to within a goal early in the third quarter and they kick a couple to open up a break. We need to do something to get back into it - so who's going to start a fight and fire us up? Brayshaw? Great player, but he's way too nice. He's not going to remind Tim Kelly what a ******* embarassment he was last week and how he cost his club any future. Serong looks the same. Mundy is waaaaaaaaaaaay too nice. Darcy should be getting into Naitanui about how he doesn't have the tank to run out of sight on a dark night. Hey, it might backfire, but you know what definitely won't work? Going into our shells and getting pounded for the rest of the game. It's the s**t blokes that give the rest of the team that extra reason to put your body on the line when the ball is there to be won. Ballas probably made his teammates cringe when he mouthed off to opponents, but i'll bet my left nut that the players around him went that fraction harder as a result. When one player talks the talk, it forces everyone to walk the walk.

The bottom line is that when it looked like we were on the precipice of falling well behind, we went back and got our arses handed to us even more - and that's the second time that's happened this year against 2 teams that are barely finals standard.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I said it on another thread earlier today - I can see Blakely being set the goal by the coaches of reinventing himself this year as a campaigner. Might save his career which is otherwise going nowhere.

Well, Tonga Bob just got made full mod for this board, so that is one new extra one for you, Rob.

Now we just need to get Toga Bob on the field..
I’m not as fit as I once was but boy can I swing a sack of doorknobs!!

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
I’m not as fit as I once was but boy can I swing a sack of doorknobs!!
Forget the 🚪knobs, hit the knobs with a footy sock filled with batteries. C and D size work well, with a couple of AAA sizes thrown in to loosen the teeth.

Actually, I forgot, this be the Freo board. In honor of old mate you know who, the freo footy sock better have a brick in it.

New mod being true to the Board roots and proving his loyalty and gang credentials, and all that. Not sure how you make the footy socks work with the toga, though, Bob.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I said it on another thread earlier today - I can see Blakely being set the goal by the coaches of reinventing himself this year as a campaigner. Might save his career which is otherwise going nowhere.
I seriously don't know what happened to Blakely. How promising he looked as a midfielder at Peel at the age of 18-19. Regularly racking up 30+ and impacting the game. 5 seasons later and he looks barely above average at WAFL level.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
I seriously don't know what happened to Blakely. How promising he looked as a midfielder at Peel at the age of 18-19. Regularly racking up 30+ and impacting the game. 5 seasons later and he looks barely above average at WAFL level.
Poor disposal.
Poor positioning during play.
Lack of pace.
Inability (or refusal) to gut run out 4 quarters in the inside closely chasing his man at all times.
Let contract extension make him think he was better than he really was.
Inability to evolve and earn his way back into the team by relentlessly following team structures and defending tight and hard all day.

Forget the 🚪knobs, hit the knobs with a footy sock filled with batteries. C and D size work well, with a couple of AAA sizes thrown in to loosen the teeth.

Actually, I forgot, this be the Freo board. In honor of old mate you know who, the freo footy sock better have a brick in it.

New mod being true to the Board roots and proving his loyalty and gang credentials, and all that. Not sure how you make the footy socks work with the toga, though, Bob.

If it worked for John Belushi it’ll work for me.

10374121-5FE4-4BA8-BA36-A3CA4D4D812B.jpeg

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
He is probably distracted by surfing .
They are 2 sports that don't compliment each other well as they both require a lot of time commitment

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
He would be about as threatening as a wet TransPerth ticket.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nah our supporters don't like any of our players to show grunt.
Ballas, Crowley, Suban all ostracized and told to pull their heads in. Any player with a win at any cost are jumped on. They are labelled duckers, cheats .
Most of our supporters are soft utensils so why should the players be any different.

I remember never understanding the hate Suban used to get when hed spaz out. It showed passion.

ozzie69

All Australian
Jun 28, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
From the little seen to date - it's quite possible that Cyclone Treacy has it in him to eventually become our version of Toby Greene - wouldn't that scare the #!@% out of a few opposition players.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
From the little seen to date - it's quite possible that Cyclone Treacy has it in him to eventually become our version of Toby Greene - wouldn't that scare the #!@% out of a few opposition players.
As good as Toby is, the part I like isn't the campaigner, its all those 1v1 contests he wins and the goals he kicks.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ive had drinks with him, hes the chillest most relaxed guy. Def not a potential campaigner.
White line fever is a thing too. He needs to do something to find a role in the team.

Back