2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
You can always just choose to ignore the PC police.

In the Netherlands some of them dress up in black face at Christmas time. Black Pete is apparently one of Santa's helpers. People have been calling that sh*t racist for centuries but they still keep doing it.

9cb19725b86fafb7e978ff555cd6a37b_original.jpg
Can we start talking about the mesmerising blue eyes on the racist centre-bottom?

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Really a photo from 50 years ago. It’s alternative meaning has been the last 5 years - really some people need to educate themselves.

The punch game one is upside down to this version.
Exactly the same as the peace sign vs. up yours.

Time for the outragers to have a lie down

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Wins may be a part of it, but I think the rabid enthusiasm to tear down Collingwood relates more to the off-field stuff, similar to our "camp" period.
Eddie denying they did anything wrong regarding their salary cap only poured gas on the fire. Much like our own club, they appear to be allergic to admitting their failures.

It's good to see that Collingwood have replaced us as the media's whipping boy. :)

I think they need to go on a camp.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
"While the "OK" hand gesture has many long-standing, harmless meanings, it was co-opted as a white supremacist symbol in the late 2010s, including in its emoji form, the OK Hand Sign emoji. One should be mindful of context when deciding to use this gesture and emoji as part of the Circle Game."
I still don’t get the premise that in doing something that started as fun you should have to go and research just to make sure it’s still the same as you thought it was.

They did something silly and got caught out, for that I have no sympathy in them looking like dicks.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
The punch game one is upside down to this version.
Exactly the same as the peace sign vs. up yours.

Time for the outragers to have a lie down

Look, I've never heard of some circle game, but the White Power symbol has become very widely known, especially since the Christchurch Mass Shooter flashed it in court. I guess they're just footballers and didn't mean this, but it'd be good to maybe have a chat to them. It looks a bit ignorant.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I still don’t get the premise that in doing something that started as fun you should have to go and research just to make sure it’s still the same as you thought it was.

Sure, but you sound like someone who doesn't understand why the word f** can't just be kids lollies anymore. Things change, and it doesn't mean you're bad if you didn't know, but it's also dumb.

Brown_DOG68

All Australian
Jun 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cincinnati Reds
Sure, but you sound like someone who doesn't understand why the word f** can't just be kids lollies anymore. Things change, and it doesn't mean you're bad if you didn't know, but it's also dumb.
Wow ... Just - Wow

What an arrogant, conceited, self-applauding, know-all you are. And everyone else is wrong, ignorant and dumb.

I just asked my 16yo intelligent, well-educated son what this means, and put up the (what apparently used to be) "ok" hand signal. He replies "all good, or ok"

I then inverted it and put in on my leg and said what now, and he laughed and said -"good one , ya got me"

I dont think its as well known as YOU in your eminence like to proclaim

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona

They did something silly and got caught out, for that I have no sympathy in them looking like dicks.
Kids do it all the time in photos now thinking it's the equivalent of doing something like bunny ears, and have for years and years

I doubt knowledge of its other meaning is too widespread yet. Heck Jamaine Jones didn't know. People who are right up to date with current affairs would know but no one else would

Im not agreeing with it, but I know in 2021, with the Woke World that we live in and with Cancel Culture, it will eventually be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back