Autopsy Round 7, 2021: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *CROUCH 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watched the replay and damn Webster was a machine! A complete team player, and wasn't beaten by his man either. He had the spoils, smothers, shephards, body on the line, and even making leads just to drag his man with him to create space for others. He was fantastic!

He won't get Brownlow votes, he didn't get coaches votes. But I'll keep an eye on the B&F later in the year because he better poll highly this match, faultless and couldn't ask for anything more.

Jimmy has been great for us. Couldn't be happier to see him back playing in the 1s.

Fuuuuuuck 36,000 posts - I gave my work cut out for me lol

View attachment 1117990

It's a full time job. I often wonder how much more productive I'd be without Big Footy. I've been flat out lately and it's seriously cutting into my posting childish s**t on the internet time.

I just watched the replay and damn Webster was a machine! A complete team player, and wasn't beaten by his man either. He had the spoils, smothers, shephards, body on the line, and even making leads just to drag his man with him to create space for others. He was fantastic!

He won't get Brownlow votes, he didn't get coaches votes. But I'll keep an eye on the B&F later in the year because he better poll highly this match, faultless and couldn't ask for anything more.

i haven't watched the game as yet, i am looking forward to it

Well that’s good for him. I’m really glad he’s been able to make it somewhere. Incidentally which team does he play for? I don’t have an NFL team.
In short - he’s basically playing for the Philly reserves.. but on a future reserve contract. Bit like a rookie. If he knocks out a good year he’ll be redrafted this year.

But it’s all about the Cowboys baby. They’re the only team to follow. With Dak back, we’ll have a good year.

Earn the star.

If anyone can put themselves through the torture go back and watch his last quarter against Richmond. About the only good thing to come out of that game was watching Hunter Clark's hands in traffic. He has use of his hands that defy physics. He doesn't fumble and his precision and quick thinking to work out an option where there shouldn't be one is actually better than Pendles who he gets comparisons to. He has basketballers hands. He's going to be something unique and will get some attention as he starts to gain confidence and consistency. He's just quietly sneaking up the order of our best players.
I'd like to bet he did play a lot of basketball...Anyone know for sure ?? That one that King fed back to him was a lot like a lay up! For that natter I reckon Maxy played his share of ball too!

Last edited:
Police Band ribbing around the sleeves and neck?
Nice presentation.

Went to the VFL double header on Sunday to fill in my weekend. My bum is still sore from the seats in the grandstand there at Beach Road. Time they put in three bays of fancy flip up moulded plastic stadium chairs in there, to use that extra row, with two aisleways.
They could put in padded seats like level 2 at Marvel.... Wouldn't cost all that much and if they are numbered then they could sell them each week. Pippi-mussels blue & black and Sandringham beach yellow.

Went to Sandringham beach in between the VFLW and VFL because there was 2.5 hours between the matches!
Very quiet there for the suburbs. Did "discover" why Sandringham use those colours whilst I was there. They are Sandringham beach sand Yellow, and Blue & Black for the little Mussel-Pippi-Clam things that grow on the rocks there. They are black with a blue lined swirl through the outer shell.

Did a bit of accidental research and discovered that they are called the "Zebras" because the little Mussel-Pippi-Clam things black with a blue lined swirl through the outer shell roughly looks like a Zebras eye (for the blue eyed ones anyway?). Someone must have been to the Zoo and seen a Zebra or something.... Good to know.

Immediately re-marketed them with a Black and Sandy Beach Yellow striped jumper. With the Black stripes Pippi-Mussel shell Blue at the top starting at the chest logos on the front up to the top, then the Blue extending over the shoulders. White ribbing around the sleeves and neck. Plain Black patch on the back with White Numbers and then Black and Sandy Beach Yellow striped below the number patch, with a little hint of Blue at the top of each Black stripe under there. More Pippi-Sand-Zebra like and matching St Kilda's black with white numbers too.

I'm not saying they have personality issues as a club because they lack that Zebra touch on the playing vest....

Having said that it was still a weird experience. Sandringham kicked 9.2 to 0.1 in the second quarter, and had one of those loses that makes the other team look infamous. Alignments get reassessed every year 'n' stuff.

We won, excellent

But I am having no difficulty keeping a lid on it. Hawthorn is a rebuilding team that had a number of serious outs in their midfield.

At present we look like a bully team, capable of racking up big scores against weak teams & being hammered by good teams.

If we can gain a tough contested win vrs Gold Coast, I will be willing to begain to believe again.

Nice presentation.

Went to the VFL double header on Sunday to fill in my weekend. My bum is still sore from the seats in the grandstand there at Beach Road. Time they put in three bays of fancy flip up moulded plastic stadium chairs in there, to use that extra row, with two aisleways.
They could put in padded seats like level 2 at Marvel.... Wouldn't cost all that much and if they are numbered then they could sell them each week. Pippi-mussels blue & black and Sandringham beach yellow.

Went to Sandringham beach in between the VFLW and VFL because there was 2.5 hours between the matches!
Very quiet there for the suburbs. Did "discover" why Sandringham use those colours whilst I was there. They are Sandringham beach sand Yellow, and Blue & Black for the little Mussel-Pippi-Clam things that grow on the rocks there. They are black with a blue lined swirl through the outer shell.

Did a bit of accidental research and discovered that they are called the "Zebras" because the little Mussel-Pippi-Clam things black with a blue lined swirl through the outer shell roughly looks like a Zebras eye (for the blue eyed ones anyway?). Someone must have been to the Zoo and seen a Zebra or something.... Good to know.

Immediately re-marketed them with a Black and Sandy Beach Yellow striped jumper. With the Black stripes Pippi-Mussel shell Blue at the top starting at the chest logos on the front up to the top, then the Blue extending over the shoulders. White ribbing around the sleeves and neck. Plain Black patch on the back with White Numbers and then Black and Sandy Beach Yellow striped below the number patch, with a little hint of Blue at the top of each Black stripe under there. More Pippi-Sand-Zebra like and matching St Kilda's black with white numbers too.

I'm not saying they have personality issues as a club because they lack that Zebra touch on the playing vest....

Having said that it was still a weird experience. Sandringham kicked 9.2 to 0.1 in the second quarter, and had one of those loses that makes the other team look infamous. Alignments get reassessed every year 'n' stuff.
1lt1s4.jpg

We won, excellent

But I am having no difficulty keeping a lid on it. Hawthorn is a rebuilding team that had a number of serious outs in their midfield.

At present we look like a bully team, capable of racking up big scores against weak teams & being hammered by good teams.

If we can gain a tough contested win vrs Gold Coast, I will be willing to begain to believe again.
Yeah nah.

Essendon are not a good team. We’re just as capable of getting smashed by an average team as we are a good team.

couldn’t care less if we “only” beat North - winning form us winning form and it’s better than losing so let’s continue in our way.

Nice presentation.

You can say Pippi Mussels Blue a thousand more times but the Sandringham jumper will still be one of the worst ever. Ditto their logo. Their website is pretty ugly too. The whole club is like an underfed kid at a foster home where the dad makes him do all the labour and watches him undress in the garage and the mum never changes his bedsheets and threatens to strangle him if he ever leaves the house.

But anyway, I think you're on the wrong board matey.

Last edited:
It's a full time job. I often wonder how much more productive I'd be without Big Footy. I've been flat out lately and it's seriously cutting into my posting childish sh*t on the internet time.
No dude.
You should do a Hemingway: dump the job and head off to Havana or Key West and lose yourself in rum and analogies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone can put themselves through the torture go back and watch his last quarter against Richmond. About the only good thing to come out of that game was watching Hunter Clark's hands in traffic. He has use of his hands that defy physics. He doesn't fumble and his precision and quick thinking to work out an option where there shouldn't be one is actually better than Pendles who he gets comparisons to. He has basketballers hands. He's going to be something unique and will get some attention as he starts to gain confidence and consistency. He's just quietly sneaking up the order of our best players.
Bytel same with hands. Best at club at handball IMO.

either hand and has some blind turn
Blind turn maybe in the 2nd quarter and then the composure to reset in traffic and handball on his non favoured to I think Jones to went inside 50 was sublime.

My only explanation is Gringo has an alt account?

My magic mushroom burner account. Lay around on the beach in winter licking mussels on rocks while slipping back to the ground to assess the grandstand seating and watching Dunny rack up possessions. Great day out.

No dude.
You should do a Hemingway: dump the job and head off to Havana or Key West and lose yourself in rum and analogies.

Just got to remember that a shot gun doesn't make a great cigar lighter.

Bytel same with hands. Best at club at handball IMO.

Bytels kicking is a thing of beauty too. He's done a few of those clearances where you see the future, just waltzes out of congestion and hits up a chest in the forward line.

I think with this year under his belt JBytel will be taken pretty seriously next season.
People forget Bytel and King had a full year out their first year in the System. Max had 5 games before doing his ankle,

Jack had the year then hardly any real footy in 2020.
Just really the second season for King and the first for Bytel. A tonne of upside for both.

Bytels kicking is a thing of beauty too. He's done a few of those clearances where you see the future, just waltzes out of congestion and hits up a chest in the forward line.
Doesn’t mind his left foot either at times. He’s looking like real quality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back