Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can already picture the sentiment

Cripps leaves: I knew it, he checked out ages ago, he was declining anyway, an indictment on the club, we want Cerra++

Cripps stays: I knew it, but he isn't worth the $$$$ we are paying him, he is declining anyway, it's an indictment on the club, we could have had Cerra ++
Nothing surer.

If he sings for $800,000+ then i think he is getting paid too much and i do think he is in decline - i dont even know who Cerra is or how he plays so im probably more the 1. Not worth the money and 2. is in decline camp.

I'll sing for $800K.

Any requests :laughv1:

If he sings for $800,000+ then i think he is getting paid too much and i do think he is in decline - i dont even know who Cerra is or how he plays so im probably more the 1. Not worth the money and 2. is in decline camp.

I think he is worth around the 800k mark, as I don't believe he is on the decline or the game has gone past him

Just needs to go back to being a pure extractor

Agree and hope for the same with Stocker. However, Parks is one of the best things to happen to this club in a long time. The balance he has enabled, not just in the backline but it extends across the ground, is nothing short of significant.

Has all of the skill, intent, and mentality they've been crying out for. He's just going to keep getting better too.
Can see why the Carlton crew were so excited to get Parksy at the pick they did.
The kid is showing some great qualities.

Wonder how Stocker felt getting caught 1v1 against Stringer and getting (rightly) mauled for all to see?

He might learn and develop his defensive side of his game from it. Look at the SPS mark, im not sure he would do that if he hadnt have had the expereince in the backline he has had. Nothing wrong with an apprenticeship in backline if they need to work on their defensive game/attributes, as long as its an apprenticeship (around 2 seasons) and not 4-5 years

He might learn and develop his defensive side of his game from it. Look at the SPS mark, im not sure he would do that if he hadnt have had the expereince in the backline he has had. Nothing wrong with an apprenticeship in backline if they need to work on their defensive game/attributes, as long as its an apprenticeship (around 2 seasons) and not 4-5 years

No huge problem with this but still think defensive skills can be learned in the midfield. Why not play him as a tagger?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No huge problem with this but still think defensive skills can be learned in the midfield. Why not play him as a tagger?

As others have pointed out as well, still developing his tank? Sometimes you just need to play blokes in the 22 and HBF/BP is a hole that can be filled by just about any midfielder, especially one with supposed elite kicking skills (that im yet to see - not a criticism yet, im just yet to see it)

You might be right. SPS is a great tackler and gets to good positions. I think that was a criticism on his game on the first couple of seasons - his ability to run both ways given his aptitude to attack with flair. His time down back looks to have been a learning experience, and hasn’t lost his creative flair. There were some sublime moments on Sunday where heave instinctively weaved traffic and passed to a player and you’d sit back and go “wtf just happened”.
his footy iQ is elite, I don’t know if the coaches recognise it though. There was a play where he was at the back of a stoppage and he knew exactly where the play was unfolding. * got the clearance but he was already positioned to rebound it and I think we got a goal from it. Post clearance work is important and I think the way he sees the game would sure us up if he plays in the middle. He’s got a bit of Sam Mitchell about him with the way he plays and sees the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back