IPL 2021 & 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard on the radio today that he's doing exactly that, slumming it in the Maldives firing off on twitter.

Zampa and Richardson got home, so I'm not sure what the difference was.
They got a flight on Qatar Airways that connected in Doha which was a loophole in the border closure. Qatar Airways have since stopped offering that flight.

What a w***er, not going to get much, if any sympathy from anyone.

Leaves Australia in a pandemic to go to a mostly third world country and then sh*t hits the fan and when he finally chooses to leave he can't come home because borders are shut. Diddums.

Then says how he didn't leave for money and he hasn't made a cent and he needs to travel to support family ....then leaves for the Maldives to do it really tough.

What a w***er.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Australian governments help Australian citizens get home after disasters all the time. Australian citizens get the benefit of consular assistance when they have been charged with serious crimes overseas.

The only reason this rule has been put in place is because most of the Australian citizens wanting to get home have brown skin.

And the fact that that a cricket commentator is one of those complaining shouldn't make one bit of difference. A bad rule is a bad rule.

Australian governments help Australian citizens get home after disasters all the time. Australian citizens get the benefit of consular assistance when they have been charged with serious crimes overseas.

The only reason this rule has been put in place is because most of the Australian citizens wanting to get home have brown skin.

And the fact that that a cricket commentator is one of those complaining shouldn't make one bit of difference. A bad rule is a bad rule.

Oh well, you take a risk and the risk backfires, dont come crying

How many of these, as you put it, brown skinned australian citizens are dual citizens who have chosen to fly in and out of India throughout this pandemic and take the risk or have been living in india and only want to get out because their 3rd world country cant handle the pandemic?

If you CHOSE to fly to India in these times you deserve ZERO sympathy. I'd want the government to do all they can to keep the closures to that area. It protects us who are living here. We don't need more lockdowns just to get these blokes home. The cricketers can go back via Doha or the Maldives or whatever.

Best option for Australian contingent at IPL right now is to go to a country where there is no flight ban and stay there for a month and then get on plane to Australia. But if they are looking to stay in India, play in IPL and then get a chartered plane then thanks but no thanks. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It is on them if they prioritize money over health but then don't whine about it.

Best option for Australian contingent at IPL right now is to go to a country where there is no flight ban and stay there for a month and then get on plane to Australia. But if they are looking to stay in India, play in IPL and then get a chartered plane then thanks but no thanks. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It is on them if they prioritize money over health but then don't whine about it.

This. So much this.They seem to want to earn millions but get everything given to them!

So is the IPL going to call it .....and suspend the comp

or does money rule all ??

I reckon if this continues I can see the t20 world cup being suspended....or if it goes ahead Australia will not be going

I reckon if this continues I can see the t20 world cup being suspended....or if it goes ahead Australia will not be going

T20 WC will most probably be played in UAE. BCCI has no conscience, they wont suspend or call it off until the players back out. As unfortunate it is, IPL wont stop unless someone from the bubble dies or gets ill severely.

Way too much money to cancel it. Think matches are on tonight, haven't heard otherwise.

T20 WC will most probably be played in UAE. BCCI has no conscience, they wont suspend or call it off until the players back out. As unfortunate it is, IPL wont stop unless someone from the bubble dies or gets ill severely.

They should just move it to an area that isn't bad. Why not give NZ a chance to host?

They should just move it to an area that isn't bad. Why not give NZ a chance to host?

True. Even Australia is not looking bad, tbh at this point, I think even England is a better option but of course can't play here in Sep. Maybe WI bc Caribbean Islands been good with COVID and they hosted CPL too but ofc travelling is gonna be issue.

True. Even Australia is not looking bad, tbh at this point, I think even England is a better option but of course can't play here in Sep. Maybe WI bc Caribbean Islands been good with COVID and they hosted CPL too but ofc travelling is gonna be issue.

If it's only players and essential support staff it should be okay. I'd personally just cancel the event as International t20's I find quite boring but in this climate the ICC should be looking at some crowds and NZ have it the best right now. Australia do too but we aren't letting a tournament like that in here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's far enough out that if the ICC (ie. the BCCI) made the call now, you could probably swap the Indian and Australian tournaments around. I think by October, assuming bubbles, tests, vaccinations etc we might be in a position to host it. It'd be different - possibly based entirely in Melbourne and Sydney with grounds like the Gabba and Optus Stadium losing out to the Junction Oval and North Sydney oval for the off-Broadway games, and the main games at the G, Docklands, SCG and Homebush - but it'd be doable. They just have to make the call now.

That said, it'd be a disgraceful irony if we as a western power benefited from this. All we (the west) could've hoped from places like India and Africa was to hold the virus at bay until we had the vaccine/s. And they did - we just didn't give them the vaccine, and we allowed a situation in India where the one vaccination they do have has been subject to a propaganda campaign, so people have no confidence in it. Even if we weren't going to give them the patents, we could've at least tested the vax they do have and done some PR work to get people to use it if it's any good.

If you CHOSE to fly to India in these times you deserve ZERO sympathy. I'd want the government to do all they can to keep the closures to that area. It protects us who are living here. We don't need more lockdowns just to get these blokes home. The cricketers can go back via Doha or the Maldives or whatever.
The vast majority of Australian citizens trying to get back from India are not millionaire cricketers, they are ordinary people just like you and me. And for most of them, they have been in India for some time, months or even years. And even the cricketers, when they signed their contracts and started arriving, the number of cases was still declining.

Australian Governments help Australian citizens regardless of the circumstances. Even when they citizen has deliberately done the wrong thing (eg commit crimes).

There is no reason at all why they shouldn't come home and go into two week quarantine, just like people have been doing for the past year.

Oh well, you take a risk and the risk backfires, dont come crying

How many of these, as you put it, brown skinned australian citizens are dual citizens who have chosen to fly in and out of India throughout this pandemic and take the risk or have been living in india and only want to get out because their 3rd world country cant handle the pandemic?
Should they be treated any differently to the dual British/Australian citizens, who have done the same thing?

The vast majority of Australian citizens trying to get back from India are not millionaire cricketers, they are ordinary people just like you and me. And for most of them, they have been in India for some time, months or even years. And even the cricketers, when they signed their contracts and started arriving, the number of cases was still declining.

Australian Governments help Australian citizens regardless of the circumstances. Even when they citizen has deliberately done the wrong thing (eg commit crimes).

There is no reason at all why they shouldn't come home and go into two week quarantine, just like people have been doing for the past year.

Problem is they are whinging having to do a quarantine and no we aren’t doing home quarantine that’s exposing millions for the sake of a few. I’m sorry to be blunt here but if we have to be harsh on people wanting to come back for the health of Australian citizens then so be it. This includes cricketers and commentators who willingly went to India knowing this.

Problem is they are whinging having to do a quarantine and no we aren’t doing home quarantine that’s exposing millions for the sake of a few. I’m sorry to be blunt here but if we have to be harsh on people wanting to come back for the health of Australian citizens then so be it. This includes cricketers and commentators who willingly went to India knowing this.
No they're not.

Should they be treated any differently to the dual British/Australian citizens, who have done the same thing?

If you dont think India is a totally different scenario to any other country atm then there is no point having this discussion. But i have not had any sympathy for the people who waited 6+ months to return home and couldnt get a flight (coincidently once australia was basically rid of covid and Melbourne was no longer in lockdown and other countries s**t was starting to hit the fan)

Ive got family who went to Ireland in July for 12 months and when they complained to us about lockdown over there our response was 'what else did you expect?' (coincidently they left when Melb was in lockdown and then complained when we were out of lockdown and Ireland was in lockdown)

When did he complain about having to quarantine?

What's he complaining for full stop! The "oh I want to go home" doesn't wash. It's very poor form especially if he had an ounce of a brain. No wonder he's being shown zero sympathy from the public. Just sit in the Maldives for 2 weeks then you can come home. No need to whinge! He sounds like a reality TV contestant not getting everything!

Season suspended indefinitely

Surely players are not going to go back to India whenever it is rescheduled for half a tournament, they can only do so many weeks of 14 day quarantine

And once again, as elites, they'll be looked after while the poor die in the streets.

This is the problem. You can have all the bubbles you like, you can have all the medical personal (that you're taking out of hospitals) - but as soon as you have an outbreak, you can bet your life that these foreign cricketers are at the front of the queue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back