AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you scan your ticket a coloured light used to flash on the top of the reader which showed the attendant whether it was adult, concession or child. This is at all gates not just AFL Member gates. I think these lights have long been replaced by screens but they still show what type of ticket it is. If there is an attendant watching when you scan and they see it shows child when you clearly aren't, then if they can be bothered they may question you and refuse entry. Same when it shows concession, they may ask to see a concession card. I don't think they care if you use a higher value ticket such as a child scanning an adult ticket. There are far more ticket scanners than attendants though, they can't watch them all and some of them don't really watch anything. Not sure how thorough the attendants are this year though, but I assume they still have some sort of duty to keep an eye on things otherwise people would start using those free infant tickets to get in. Then you have the AFL Member card checkers, these are separate staff who check membership cards and sometimes id to make sure it's your card, they typically hang around the area before you scan, but are normally only around for finals and big matches like Anzac day. I think I was checked once maybe 10 years ago.

Funny story, I was back in my younger days chased around Colonial Stadium by an over zealous gate attendant. He refused us entry in a kids ticket and when we moved to different gates he was there waiting to tell the attendant to not let us in. I was still in school so not like I was an adult trying to sneak in on a free kids ticket.

Ended up entering through the underground car park, attendant down there looked at the gate and we just smiled and kept on walking quickly!!!

15 mins in the sports bar down under. For 5 mins before the bounce and 10 after. Truly a joke. The lady behind the bar was all over the shop said her friend died today. Put some more staff on. Not hard to predict a crowd.

Wonder if it's quicker to head upstairs?
Im tempted to. Anyone wearing an MCG shirt is getting abused by people in the line at the moment.

Ive been in it since the 23rd min of the 1st.
Up top just as full.

The bunton is out the door

Last edited:
Why is the ticketek website so s**t? Apparently you can click which section you want to buy tickets for but it was only letting me select some undercover sections for Sat night saying "no tickets available" for all the open sections on level 1 - I wanted M18 so had to keep retrying as it was only giving me M16/17 so had to wait an extra 10 minutes. Absolute rubbish system.

Im tempted to. Anyone wearing an MCG shirt is getting abused by people in the line at the moment.

Ive been in it since the 23rd min of the 1st.
Up top just as full.

The bunton is out the door
It was a disgrace Anzac Eve as well, bar and food venues shut, queues 150 meters long, No TVs on at lvl 4 to at least watch the game whilst waiting 20mins to be served. MCG really need to have a hard look at themselves, no wonder crowds are lower with them dishing up that rubbish

With Ticketek I can share a ticket by either entering an email address or SMS.

With Ticketmaster, it looks like I can only share tickets via email. Am I missing something, or is SMS not an option.

Can someone share info on what bars are open that are exclusive to AFL members at the G? I know there's a bar on level 2 near the 'afl dining room' - is there anywhere else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone share info on what bars are open that are exclusive to AFL members at the G? I know there's a bar on level 2 near the 'afl dining room' - is there anywhere else?
Bunton bar in B1. The barassi cafe is next to it.
Get in early to the bunton it currently has a capacity of 140 off

The queues to get into the Bunton before the game last Friday were redonk.
Was the same before the half time break too.

The queues to get into the Bunton before the game last Friday were redonk.
Was the same before the half time break too.
this. that half time queue was just all kinds of wrong. they didnt have anywhere near enough bartenders behind the bar. Nor at the start.

There was some discussion a few weeks back around using your AFL Membership barcode to get a free/discounted seat in the public part of the G during the public on sale period. I've finally had a chance to test it and it definitely works for your club of support home games! I had previously tried it for our home game against Melbourne during the Hawk Member sale period and it worked (also for some reason allowing me to buy extras at full price - maybe due to being a low demand game). But today I have tried it during the public sale period for our home game against the Eagles and it worked again. After entering the barcode, clicking on 'unlock tickets' and then selecting seat type (eg: level 1 wing, level 2 goals, general reserved etc or clicking on exact seating bay on map) there was 'Upgrade AFL Member' as one of the ticket options along with adult, concession, junior etc. So the 'general reserved' sections which would normally be $27 for the public or free for general admission club members were also free using my AFL barcode, with the option to buy extras at full price. And the seats in other categories were available at the discounted upgrade price.

I know a few people had problems earlier in the season with this so it looks like they may have fixed it.

As a side note, at Marvel last week I noticed they had reduced the ground to just 2 covid zones for our game against the Saints. From the AFL area on level 1 wing I was able to freely stroll from aisle 4 all the way to aisle 28 before reaching any barriers. In round 1 there was a barrier at about aisle 14. Not sure if this is the same for all matches.

Last edited:
As a side note, at Marvel last week I noticed they had reduced the ground to just 2 covid zones for our game against the Saints. From the AFL area on level 1 wing I was able to freely stroll from aisle 4 all the way to aisle 28 before reaching any barriers. In round 1 there was a barrier at about aisle 14. Not sure if this is the same for all matches.

That is good to hear, because I have some that parks in the disabled spots near the lifts at Aisle 19, and there seats are in Aisle 13, so I was worried that they would have to cross over 2 zones and not be allowed to do it.

Great that Aisle 19 and Aisle 13 are in the same zone now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back