Hypocrisy of CA and Australian cricketers

they are our citizens and if we approved them to travel then we have an obligation to get them back.

if they are dual citizens who have been sitting tight for 18 months then yes they are most likely in a stable situation and they can wait.
There are 39,000 of them in UK, do you feel the same about them?

i don't know and i don't care. They are our citizens and we have an obligation to get them out of India if they want to get out. there are literally people dying in the street in india and we're saying lolz too bad you shouldn't have gone (even though we told them they could go).
They knew the risk and chose to go anyway. This was about a 99% chance to happen.

Franco Vazquez

Senior List
Jan 11, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tbh can't blame the players when even people here (Australians) wanted IPL to continue despite the horror show in India. If Australian players thought about pros and cons of playing in IPL before going to India, it would have made sense but even when a few Australians left, Cummins and Warner still intended on to play for "hu(money)manity"

In case you forgot, CA cancelled SA tour when they were getting 10k max daily cases but allowed players to go to India even when the cases were at 100k daily.

To be fair it isn't CA's call them going to India, and the SA strain could have been much worse.

Do you even have any idea about indian strain? people at young age are dying

Ideally they wouldn't have gone to either areas, but money does talk and players have to make their own calls.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
i don't know and i don't care. They are our citizens and we have an obligation to get them out of India if they want to get out. there are literally people dying in the street in india and we're saying lolz too bad you shouldn't have gone (even though we told them they could go).

Your comment is purely political ...

I’ve got no sympathy for any cricketers stuck in India, they chose the money
Try empathy instead. "Choosing the money" doesn't mean they deserve to be stuck in the current environment in India.

If empathy is a battle for you, apparently you can be trained in the concept (contact the PM for more info).

Try empathy instead. "Choosing the money" doesn't mean they deserve to be stuck in the current environment in India.

If empathy is a battle for you, apparently you can be trained in the concept (contact the PM for more info).

Did they or did they not have the option of NOT going? Just yes or no....

There are others in worse situations

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England

They knew the risks, like the people last year who couldn’t cancel their dream holidays despite being told not to travel then complain about the conditions in quarantine

Did they or did they not have the option of NOT going? Just yes or no....

There are others in worse situations
Do you have the choice of showing empathy or not? Just yes or no....

As for the bolded, next time you complain - about anything in your own life - please keep your own statement in mind.

Last edited:

Franco Vazquez

Senior List
Jan 11, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle

They exactly knew what was gonna happen. They knew that the cases were increasing slowly in India. When they landed in India, there were still 10k daily cases (same amount of number which made them cancel SA tour). They were too greedy to miss out on the opportunity.

Salute goes to Philippe, Hazlewood and Marsh tho. They did not * around and said * IPL.

They knew the risks, like the people last year who couldn’t cancel their dream holidays despite being told not to travel then complain about the conditions in quarantine
I feel for the situation they are in.

You use a moral judgment to justify not doing so - to the extent that you are only a bee's dick away from saying they deserve it.

Don't worry, I see it on social media all the time.

They exactly knew what was gonna happen. They knew that the cases were increasing slowly in India. When they landed in India, there were still 10k daily cases (same amount of number which made them cancel SA tour). They were too greedy to miss out on the opportunity.

Salute goes to Philippe, Hazlewood and Marsh tho. They did not fu** around and said fu** IPL.
See my reply to Ed.

Do you have the choice of showing empathy or not? Just yes or no....

As for the bolded, next time you complain - about anything - please keep your own statement in mind.

Cases were increasing by the day and they still went. I’d have more empathy if it was relatively safe and they had some massive outbreak but it wasn’t as if this was hardly unexpected...

Cases were increasing by the day and they still went. I’d have more empathy if it was relatively safe and they had some massive outbreak but it wasn’t as if this was hardly unexpected...
In hindsight it's turned out to be a poor decision. No argument there.

But I am sure there was more to the decision than just "moneyyyyyyyyyyyy........".

They and/or their managers would have researched the situation, talked to their clubs, sought assurances, etc.

It's just there is no need to sit on the moral high horse and be devoid of any care for the position they find themselves in.

I feel for everyone caught up there, I don't use a filter to create "degrees of care".

Anyway, let's hope the crisis can be eased as soon as possible. For everyone.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
In hindsight it's turned out to be a poor decision. No argument there.

But I am sure there was more to the decision than just "moneyyyyyyyyyyyy........".

They and/or their managers would have researched the situation, talked to their clubs, sought assurances, etc.

It's just there is no need to sit on the moral high horse and be devoid of any care for the position they find themselves in.

I feel for everyone caught up there, I don't use a filter to create "degrees of care".

Anyway, let's hope the crisis can be eased as soon as possible. For everyone.

Do you genuinely care about people suffering, enough to help them? Or do you just say so on social media to make yourself feel better?

Do you genuinely care about people suffering, enough to help them? Or do you just say so on social media to make yourself feel better?
I offered to go over to India and personally vaccinate the whole population at my own expense, but the Government knocked me back. :(

In other words, in order - yes; I do what I can; and no.

Back