Toast Welcome Rory Lobb

Remove this Banner Ad

100% bad idea. Floating back from the ruck as a spare, sure. Actually manning a forward? šŸ¤®

Remember when Ross played Tabs at CHB? What a day. I assume we lost by 10 goals.
yeah agreed, him matching up on an actual forward would be vomit inducing.

nah from memory Tabs' only appearance at CHB was the 2nd derby in 2014 which was thankfully a win

So we used to take the **** out of them when we were good too?

I knew it happened but couldn't remember the game.
from memory we had our classic run on injured backman and they had a tall forward line (Kennedy, Darling, Lycett and I think McGovern) which meant he got shoved back through lack of other fit bodies. my main memory of that game was Sutcliffe doing a damn good job on Darling despite being undersized

from memory we had our classic run on injured backman and they had a tall forward line (Kennedy, Darling, Lycett and I think McGovern) which meant he got shoved back through lack of other fit bodies. my main memory of that game was Sutcliffe doing a damn good job on Darling despite being undersized

Game was on free to air TV over one of the recent summers. Was shocked to see how depleted our defence was with Dawson and Taberner in the key defensive posts. One the commentators said there was a late withdrawal...maybe Silvagni or McPharlin - but none of Silvagni, McPharlin or Johnson played.

Was a game where we were in front by 4 goals at 3/4 time and the Eagles came back and took the lead halfway through the last quarter and then we slammed on 3 goals straight after. They kicked one on or after the siren to make the end result seem like it was a real nailbiter.

yeah agreed, him matching up on an actual forward would be vomit inducing.

nah from memory Tabs' only appearance at CHB was the 2nd derby in 2014 which was thankfully a win
Funnily enough Tabs recorded 7 marks and 5 rebounds. He was out of his depth but canā€™t blame him for trying.
Lobb can do better. But no Treacy means we ll probably go Darcy/Meek with Lobb full time ruck... hopefully

At the moment, his 2020 form and this season so far, heā€™s becoming more and more of a B grade player. He has the potential, but he needs to have the heart and desire to be that.

100%.

doesn't have the mentality to succeed at AFL level.

if he went back to the WAFL he would dominate because he is obviously a freak physical specimen

He's copping it a fair bit on this board, but I think he deserves some credit.

Now averaging 1.5 goals per game, and clearly is working hard on his goalkicking.

We wouldn't have beaten Sydney or Collingwood without him, and probably take Essendon if they paid him the bloody mark.

Heā€™s excelled in the absence of Taberner, except when he got a genuine quality key defender (Port). Even against Gold Coast he was so-so, not sure what happened that Really should of torn that game apart. Like Treacy ultimately did.

His work against Rampe and Roughead as the focal point was excellent.

The thing Iā€™ve noticed lately heā€™s getting his hands free a bit more, taking the tackle and dishing off a bit more.

His best work is up the ground IMO. Positioning himself a kick behind the play late against Collingwood was smart.

I think he needs an injury free run to really see the best of him. Just starting to see it now.

I've had a got at him over the journey but his presence of mind to drop back into defence at the end of the game was huge on the weekend.

While he's in the forward line he can't be underestimated by the opposition, even if he is having and off day.

He's copping it a fair bit on this board, but I think he deserves some credit.

Now averaging 1.5 goals per game, and clearly is working hard on his goalkicking.

We wouldn't have beaten Sydney or Collingwood without him, and probably take Essendon if they paid him the bloody mark.
He had an interrupted start to the year and his first 2 games were poo. Since then in 8 games he has kicked 15 goals and has at least 1 goal in each game. If he can average 1.5 to 2 gpg, i would take that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's such a threat when he's up and going, a nightmare match-up for opposition coaches. When he gets those long arms outstretched and is clunking marks very few can go with him. Just got to find ways to get the best out of him consistently.
He looks good when he can avoid early body contact by his defender when in the contest.

He is not good at holding his ground, but everything else he does in aerial contests is very good. When the mids are kicking it to his advantage, he is almost unstoppable.

He's still a very good player, and can have a major impact on the game, he needs to start doing it more consistently though.

Am I correct in my assumption that people are talking about Lobb here in derogatory fashion!!!
Seriously?
Given a chance to play as a forward all game, then he plays well, very well.
In fact they used Acres as second string ruck to Darcy on Saturday.Allowing Lobb to play forward for the majority of the game.

Am I correct in my assumption that people are talking about Lobb here in derogatory fashion!!!
Seriously?
Given a chance to play as a forward all game, then he plays well, very well.
In fact they used Acres as second string ruck to Darcy on Saturday.Allowing Lobb to play forward for the majority of the game.
Yeah because Tabs was injured and our fwd structure would suffer too much with only Treacy.

I've been harsh on him lately but that Mark late in the last qtr was excellent. Once I saw him near it I was confident he would clunk it.

Controversial as I know he is a whipping boy around here but Lobb has been very good for us this year in the 2nd ruck role, the last 3 weeks we have had runs where we cannot buy a centre clearance and Lobb has gone into the ruck and either halved the contest or helped win the clearance.

NN had 2 in a row at the start of the third and Lobb went in

He did it against GWS and then today again Darcy couldn't get anything out of the middle, then Lobb went into the centre and got us a clearance about halfway through the second, Darcy then stepped up after that but its good to have a capable point of difference ruck who can help stem the momentum.

We have seen around the comp this year that many teams get massive run ons when momentum out of the centre can't be stopped and Lobb has so far proven to be our circuit breaker, invaluable to have IMO

Thought he deserved some praise for this and hopefully others had taken notice too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back