Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Port Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks for a reasonable and interesting answer :thumbsu: , even if I disagree.
1) that's vastly different from saying that he should be dropped for 10 weeks to give Fog a string of games, but ALL players need to be managed.
2) the Crows will not be very interesting to you for a number of years. I doubt they'll be contending for Top 8 until 2023, and for a Flag until 2025-ish, by which time most of the senior players (especially Tex and Sloane) will be gone. The Hawks' loss was one that got away, Freo as well.
3) Several players from that losing 2017 GF side are playing with the harsh reality that they will not be part of a Crows Premiership side in their careers. Try to imagine what that feels like; dispiriting, to say the least. That would at least partly explain their terrible form last year.
4) It's not that obvious to me. Do you have any inside info, please? He is clearly suffering from dismal delivery to him from our mids especially, who've been smashed in the last 3 games. That one-hand-up that you refer to could also be from double-teaming (much easier to do when the ball is bombed in high, as defenders leave their man to spoil Tex), and having one arm held or blocked. On the lead with good delivery he is elite. If he is allowed space, he can take a hanger like his MotY contender. Oppo Coaches have woken up and Tex is being crowded.
However, if he was not fit (there was talk about an ankle or calf, yeah?), he should not have played.
5) If he is injured/unfit, most definitely. Applies to all players and I'm still dark about the Lynch fiasco. He'd been playing for two weeks with that sore toe and should have been rested.
6) He's on track to be Top 10 in the Coleman (feasible --- if he averages only 1.5/game from now on, he'll finish with about 50 goals; over the last 10 years, the winner's average is about 70 minor round goals) and will be our leading goalkicker, barring injury.
What he negotiates with the Club for 2022 is up to them, not us.

Tex playing injured without it being on the injury list is nothing new, I would point you towards the end of 2017 (including and especially the GF) as an example of that. He’s looked slower since he did his calf against freo. I agree re ball movement, which has been partly why he’s looked “out of form” for much of 18-20. A lead up forward needs ball movement. Tex has also never been managed over the last few years, he’s been played at all costs.

Don’t really understand your point regarding not finding the crows interesting until they’re contesting for finals. I love watching the younger players come through, TT kicking 5 goals against hawks, Sholl starting to look like a real star and Berry coming along, all excite me. That to me that makes watching the crows interesting, as we’re building a contending squad. Seeing Tex kick 5 goals, while nice for a game or two, will not matter in the long run. Unfortunately for Tex, he has had his time to win a flag with Adelaide. Which, given his dedication to the club, is really sad he didn’t get to have a premiership next to his name.

I’m sick and tired of the crows finishing a mediocre 7-12th every year. I want to be a club like West Coast that contends and wins flags regularly (and who also bottom out to do so). That means making tough calls on players.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Presuming all the tests are ready to play, I'd go this

Out: Rowe, McAdam, Himmelberg, McPherson, Mackay
In: Sloane, Fogarty, Worrell, Brown, Hamill

B Brown - Butts - Doedee
HB Hamill - Murray - Smith
C Sholl - Sloane - Seedsman
HF McHenry - Walker - Berry
F Murphy - Fogarty - Thilthorpe
R O'Brien - Laird - Keays

I Schoenberg - Hately - Kelly - Worrell

Love that but Dmac's first half has guaranteed a month of AFL

I'm sick and tired of the crows finishing a mediocre 7-12th every year. I want to be a club like West Coast that contends and wins flags regularly (and who also bottom out to do so). That means making tough calls on players.

Hey, the club got your memo.

Unfortunately they mistook it for you wanting us to be like the Gold Coast instead of the Eagles.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
TBH I'm not that fussed about who we select this week. All I want is to get back to the manic tackle / pressure intensity of the first 3 rounds. Watching opponents shrug tackles and walk in for goals this last couple weeks has been a bit soul crushing.

I don't expect to win this showdown, but as long as we show that effort that we had in spades to start the season then i'll be content. Make them earn every single kick!

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Tealsters up and about, a cheap win for them.

Flat tracking till September.....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Are we surprised?

They're flat track bullies so this is exactly the game that they love.

They'll smash us and as usual the Tealsters will be up and about claiming the flag is already won and completely forget about how they've been exposed twice already this year.

At least whoever is sub will get nearly a full game this week. It wouldn't be a showdown without one of our guys getting smashed in the head in the first 20 mins.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide

B Brown - Butts - Doedee

Needs more continuity

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Puffer fish alert!!!
images.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hamill and Brown in would be a good boost, and if Sloane could come back in the form he was in pre injury we might kick a couple goals.

Hamill would be a surprise given it's an ankle. Sloane will come back in pretty good shape you'd think. Might blow up late, but his body would be very refreshed. If he gets the all clear, I'd look to drop him down to 70% TOG given he's only been able to run the last week or so. Would be interesting if those 3 all returned. I'd expect a small forward and Hately to be the outs. But the 3rd would be interesting. Most likely Mackay to sub, Fog or Berg out. Anything else would be quite surprising.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't think you understand that traveling with a calf injury especially on a long flight is hands down the worse thing you can do.. I'll just leave it at that.
well being someone that had to give playing ball sports away due to calf injuries, I know a thing or 2 about them..but I never ever had the luxury of a full time posse of PT's, Physio's etc to work on my recovery all the way through.

But you seem to know best and the mindset of taking Brisbane in Brisbane that lightly by choosing to not risk taking your best mid up there to play thinking you will save him for a game v a bottom end side the week might cost a top 4 spot come seasons end

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
well being someone that had to give playing ball sports away due to calf injuries, I know a thing or 2 about them..but I never ever had the luxury of a full time posse of PT's, Physio's etc to work on my recovery all the way through.

But you seem to know best and the mindset of taking Brisbane in Brisbane that lightly by choosing to not risk taking your best mid up there to play thinking you will save him for a game v a bottom end side the week might cost a top 4 spot come seasons end
To be fair they would've still been thumped.

Maddogmetro

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Is there a point hidden in this gibberish rant somewhere?

The point is that there are a million and one things that can be discussed about the Crows, our season, our team, our future, the AFL generally...

Yet every single one of your posts manages to bring up how you think Fog is s**t and shouldn't be playing.

Last edited:

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
You guys do it every year. Maybe that's why you've only ever won one flag.
I'd be careful making statements like that. Like it or not the Power is closer to winning a flag than we are. Who knows perhaps they can win two in the next few years and then you will have egg on your face. I wouldn't be gloating about premierships at the moment.

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors
I'd be careful making statements like that. Like it or not the Power is closer to winning a flag than we are. Who knows perhaps they can win two in the next few years and then you will have egg on your face. I wouldn't be gloating about premierships at the moment.

Neither club should be gloating to be honest. We've both done two tenths of * all in the last 15 years.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

B Brown - Butts - Doedee

Why is everyone so willing to rush brown in ? I see it similar to Lynch situation - senior player clearly carrying an injury that’s affecting his form

just play someone else eg Jones, Worrell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back