VFL 2021 VFL Season, (Player Review Post #230)

Remove this Banner Ad

I imagine it's scheduled to enable the GC players to get on a plane back to Brisbane that night. Would save the AFL the cost of overnight accommodation.
I'm definitely streaming the VFL for the Gold Coast game. I'd be unlikely to be able to get off work early enough to make even if I wanted to. But who wants a Friday evening game at Olympic Park that isn't as part of an MCG double header?
A bloody stupid time even when there’s a match at the G on the same night. Ridiculous when the AFL isn’t until the next day.

If it’s to save flight costs why not Sunday? That would also avoid a 5 day break after ANZAC day, and mean both sides don’t need to holdover 2 players for Saturday.

That’s terrible I know why they do it. The VFL listed players go back to local take the big coin and qualify for finals

if that's the real reason then it's time to kill the VFL and play an 18 team national reserves comp with the best state players from the country playing full time.

if that's the real reason then it's time to kill the VFL and play an 18 team national reserves comp with the best state players from the country playing full time.
VFL clubs would find it incredibly hard to compete for players if they didn’t have these byes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a bye this week?

If so spewing cause rather watch the VFL than the tripe that's going be on show sat

IF THEY WIN PROVES NOTHING

JOKE

Hopefully VFL Games Streamed this weekend

Hopefully VFL games played in Victoria this weekend. Not counting on it given the logistics involved especially if the announcement comes on Thursday, but fingers crossed anyway.

Hopefully VFL games played in Victoria this weekend. Not counting on it given the logistics involved especially if the announcement comes on Thursday, but fingers crossed anyway.
They should be as local leagues can play but with no crowds. EDFL are playing this week.

It just said above VFL games will return IN Victoria this weekend. Just no crowds.

Have to, because of the our AFL program shutdown.

Seems odd, don't they have to catch up games now, should be no more byes at VFL level for teams that missed games. Some of the northern teams have kept playing. Richmond also have a bye in the AFL this week but are playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back