The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The common theme I’ve interpreted from the last few Jod posts are one of uncertainty, that he doesn’t really know. Hasn’t seen the film itself/just read about it/didn’t see the oscars/don’t know who the voiceover was of the YouTube video etc etc.

I would dare suggest that, particularly in today’s world where we are bombarded with information from many directions, that one should be more discerning and informative about the information they choose to consume prior to passing comment on it.
Fair enough mate.

fmd learn to multiquote.

I must say that multi quote seems to absolutely suck on here. I will often click on “+ Quote” on one post and then on a second post (a message appears saying “Message added to multi-quote”, I can’t click anywhere on the message) and then I hit “Reply” on the second post and only the second post appears. I am doing something wrong, aren’t I?

Whenever I multi-quote I just copy and paste the posts.

I must say that multi quote seems to absolutely suck on here. I will often click on “+ Quote” on one post and then on a second post (a message appears saying “Message added to multi-quote”, I can’t click anywhere on the message) and then I hit “Reply” on the second post and only the second post appears. I am doing something wrong, aren’t I?

Whenever I multi-quote I just copy and paste the posts.

Click the "+ Quote" on multiple posts.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.52.28 am.png
Click on the "Insert quotes"

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.52.33 am.png

Click "Quote messages"

Voila

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had our defects for our house today, very little wrong, only cosmetic things like paint touch ups. Private inspector was very pleased and he was very pleased with the standard of the build.

Two weeks or so until we get the keys!
Grats Cruyffy. Got all the planning logistics sorted? Myself and the missus moved during Lockdown here in Ireland and it wasn't easy. We had stuff at her brothers in her home town outside of Dublin, we were crashing at her parents in the same town and had stuff in our shared apartment in Dublin... all to go into our new apartment in Dublin while getting a bed delivered etc the same day. Normally the furniture company put the bed together for you but due to COVID they didn't. Then we got stopped by the Garda and questioned why we're moving during a lockdown! We also couldn't get a moving van so we had to borrow her dad's Land cruiser from the farm and only fit half the stuff in it.

TL;DR congrats and lucky you aren't moving at the same time last year!

Grats Cruyffy. Got all the planning logistics sorted? Myself and the missus moved during Lockdown here in Ireland and it wasn't easy. We had stuff at her brothers in her home town outside of Dublin, we were crashing at her parents in the same town and had stuff in our shared apartment in Dublin... all to go into our new apartment in Dublin while getting a bed delivered etc the same day. Normally the furniture company put the bed together for you but due to COVID they didn't. Then we got stopped by the Garda and questioned why we're moving during a lockdown! We also couldn't get a moving van so we had to borrow her dad's Land cruiser from the farm and only fit half the stuff in it.

TL;DR congrats and lucky you aren't moving at the same time last year!
We don't settle on our apartment until 9/7 (this date can be brought forward if both parties agree).

We have most stuff we need already at our current place, and other things we have organised to get delivered. Have already organised a concreter and builder to do our driveway and retaining wall etc. We will book removalists when we're going to start living there.

Just want to get the internet sorted and I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back