2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mate - interesting way to massively overreact.

"Things change - and it doesn't mean you're bad if you didn't know, but it's also dumb."

It doesn't mean you're a bad person if you don't know that White Supremicists have been flashing that symbol. But it IS a bit ignorant. It's been VERY widely covered. I personally don't follow closely what kids in school yards are doing, but I do follow things that are covered in the media, as this has been.

It WAS dumb for the WC Eagles players to flash symbols in a photo, even if they were just acting like high schoolers and had no idea of the other meaning.

The meaning of words and symbols change over time. Everyone hears about it at some stage. I just googled it and got 3,590,000,000 references of White Power and okay symbol being discussed online, so I think we can agree it's been pretty widely covered.

I haven't said anyone should be crucified over it - but equally, I haven't called someone "an arrogant, conceited, self-applauding, know-all". Because to do that would be a dickish overreaction.

I’m getting that a number of people live in caves and under rocks. Someone who is well versed is fully aware of the white supremacy reference.

But hey, these are the same individuals who probably watch crap like MAFS.

I’m getting that a number of people live in caves and under rocks. Someone who is well versed is fully aware of the white supremacy reference.

But hey, these are the same individuals who probably watch crap like MAFS.
Hey whats wrong with MAFS lol.

Losing Treloar and Stephenson was a massive mistake, hell I even thought of it at the time and that it would ruin any chances of them making the 8.

I dont know the salary cap details of the Pies, but if I had to consider losing a player out of Moore, Stephenson, DeGoey, Grundy and Treloar, I would have actually gone with DeGoey, mainly because he would have offered the most value last year, would have eased their salary cap and given his off field issues, it was a no brainer for me.

De Goey is a 1/5 BOG, he definitely is not consistent.
If guys like De Goey or Stringer played outside of Victoria they'd be rated as highly and talked about as much as David Mackay is by the media. All flash, no sizzle and the Pies are silly for buying into it and forcing out quality players to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If guys like De Goey or Stringer played outside of Victoria they'd be rated as highly and talked about as much as David Mackay is by the media. All flash, no sizzle and the Pies are silly for buying into it and forcing out quality players to do so.
The problem with DeGoey for the Pies, is that when he is at his peak in a game, his highlight reel is amazing for that game, but will then go missing for a few after that.

Stringer the same, the package has had some incredible games, then so many others where he is just average.

Maybe a less controversial topic? Bill Gates is getting divorced. $130Billion to be settled.

I guess for two law firms, its going to set up the retirement for the partners of the firm.

Could be just an arrangement to legally sell their stocks right before a market crash without getting charged with insider trading.

Never ended up watching thefull Hawks replay - what was the bad call that robbed us?
Himmelberg kicked a goal but was called a free kick against.
It was about 2 minutes to go from memory so they still had time to kick a goal against which probably would have happened knowing Adelaide.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back