Position 2021 Forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bloody hell this line is so dire. There's currently 14 players averaging over 90....

Dunkley - 129 - dead
Ziegull - 123.7 - the definition of why 2021 is absolutely ****ed.
Tex - 107.9 - 3 round avg of 76.7 and looking like both his and Adelaide's bubble has burst.
Butters - 103.0 - currently dead
Greene - 97.6 - hasn't been suspended yet which means he's due. Burnman levels approaching Rockliff status but I'm ready to be hurt again
Dusty - 97 - everyone has him and he's doing his usual trick where he rips Carlton a new one in R1 then proceeds to not give a * for the rest of the year until September
Impey - 95.7 - another beneficiary of CD's hard on for an uncontested possession this season
Zorko - 94 - surprisingly durable (missed one game across the entirety of 2017-2019) but just as likely to s**t out a 40 as he is a massive 160

McKay - 93.3 - KPF that isn't peak Buddy. Avoid
Hogan - 92 - played one game.
Bolton - 91.7 - looks fantastic and with Cotchin and Prestia both currently dead looks like the best of the current options. Horrible bye week
Dale - 91.7 - interesting but his ceiling is limited by the amount of SC-viable teammates however he did ton up with Daniel back in the side this week
Darling - 91.1 - nine. Anyone who doesn't get this hasn't played this game long enough and anyone who does knows I don't need to say anything else
S. Reid - 90.3 - lol.

The bolded I feel have keeper potential although Butters is currently dead and I'm still not completely convinced by Impey.
Outside of this there's Danger who is currently dead, Marshall who is yet to prove he is as ridiculously KOTD as he was in 2019 and.... IDK, Sidebottom? Hind and Atkins are solid but low ceiling types. Heeney is there but the kent is currently averaging less than 70...

Beyond that....

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Bloody hell this line is so dire. There's currently 14 players averaging over 90....

Dunkley - 129 - dead
Ziegull - 123.7 - the definition of why 2021 is absolutely f’ed.
Tex - 107.9 - 3 round avg of 76.7 and looking like both his and Adelaide's bubble has burst.
Butters - 103.0 - currently dead
Greene - 97.6 - hasn't been suspended yet which means he's due. Burnman levels approaching Rockliff status but I'm ready to be hurt again
Dusty - 97 - everyone has him and he's doing his usual trick where he rips Carlton a new one in R1 then proceeds to not give a fu** for the rest of the year until September
Impey - 95.7 - another beneficiary of CD's hard on for an uncontested possession this season
Zorko - 94 - surprisingly durable (missed one game across the entirety of 2017-2019) but just as likely to sh*t out a 40 as he is a massive 160

McKay - 93.3 - KPF that isn't peak Buddy. Avoid
Hogan - 92 - played one game.
Bolton - 91.7 - looks fantastic and with Cotchin and Prestia both currently dead looks like the best of the current options. Horrible bye week
Dale - 91.7 - interesting but his ceiling is limited by the amount of SC-viable teammates however he did ton up with Daniel back in the side this week
Darling - 91.1 - nine. Anyone who doesn't get this hasn't played this game long enough and anyone who does knows I don't need to say anything else
S. Reid - 90.3 - lol.

The bolded I feel have keeper potential although Butters is currently dead and I'm still not completely convinced by Impey.
Outside of this there's Danger who is currently dead, Marshall who is yet to prove he is as ridiculously KOTD as he was in 2019 and.... IDK, Sidebottom? Hind and Atkins are solid but low ceiling types. Heeney is there but the kent is currently averaging less than 70...

Beyond that....

Nick Hind will start averging 105 from here forth.

Very comprehensive Loose at HB

I think this fully absolves me of all responsibility for my forward line being utterly bollocks.
It's a dumpster fire mate. The fact that I have scrolled down and actually looked at Aaron Hall (who has non-sub/injury affected scores of 81, 133 and 106) and am actually slightly tempted tells you everything you need to know

Nick Hind will start averging 105 from here forth.
x to doubt1.png

Would be epic if he did and gave us another genuine forward premo but I'm not seeing it :moustache:

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
It's a dumpster fire mate. The fact that I have scrolled down and actually looked at Aaron Hall (who has non-sub/injury affected scores of 81, 133 and 106) and am actually slightly tempted tells you everything you need to know

LOL...same on Hall, have to confess to a little muse about Walters too, maybe even a Roughie on Caldwell down the track! ;)

Not to mention owning Stephenson and not being in any rush to upgrade on his consistently underwhelming 70's while he's not bleeding $.

When you've jumped on Tex solely for the cash gen and all the hard running underpinning his scores has completely vanished with his calf niggle, consistent 70's are worth hanging on to for a while yet.

Sidewaysing (is that a word? It is now! :D) Tex is a much bigger priority.

yeah lmao. im only expecting at 85 to 95 average from him.
His role is pretty solid and his kicking isn't as bad as I remember it being previously so I would cautiously suggest he'd be good for 90. Think he will be prone to the occasional stinker though

LOL...same on Hall, have to confess to a little muse about Walters too, maybe even a Roughie on Caldwell down the track! ;)

Not to mention owning Stephenson and not being in any rush to upgrade on his consistently underwhelming 70's while he's not bleeding $.

When you've jumped on Tex solely for the cash gen and all the hard running underpinning his scores has completely vanished with his calf niggle, consistent 70's are worth hanging on to for a while yet.

Sidewaysing (is that a word? It is now! :D) Tex is a much bigger priority.
Walters brings no excitement to my chol whatsoever tbh - I feel like his midfield time is basically non-existent at this point with the 3 young guns in the Freo midfield so he's going to rely solely on goals to score.
Caldwell is interesting but don't think he's going to average anywhere near enough to be a keeper although might be a solid option if/when we're all low on trades late on. Can never say no to a Roughie though :moustache:

Sidewaysing is certainly a SC board approved word :moustache: Tex was always there as a bridge to the midfield SPs once he peaked so I think that should be the target given the forward premos are rubbish

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
Walters brings no excitement to my chol whatsoever tbh - I feel like his midfield time is basically non-existent at this point with the 3 young guns in the Freo midfield so he's going to rely solely on goals to score.
Caldwell is interesting but don't think he's going to average anywhere near enough to be a keeper although might be a solid option if/when we're all low on trades late on. Can never say no to a Roughie though :moustache:

Sidewaysing is certainly a SC board approved word :moustache: Tex was always there as a bridge to the midfield SPs once he peaked so I think that should be the target given the forward premos are rubbish

My watch on Walters mostly came down to musing whether he may get more mid time now he's back moving well and gaining fitness.

Fyfe looked sore in the weekend's game, Brayshaw may not be 100% for a couple of weeks with the ankle issue and IIRC Mundy is under a bit of a niggle cloud after the weekend's game as well. If Walters is going to get any time there it may be happening soon. Of course, the other big negative is his record with soft tissue injuries.

Caldwell looked like he was going to ton up in the game he went down, certainly worth monitoring once he's back given the lack of solid options. :thumbsu:

Kinda annoyed I didn't start him now. When he had just scored 34 I thought I'd made the correct call. Not after the last 3 weeks though.

Yeah same, he's looked so much more fantasy viable playing up the ground bombing long to a pretty competitive forward group, pinch-hitting in the ruck and getting plenty of chances to win contested ball.

My watch on Walters mostly came down to musing whether he may get more mid time now he's back moving well and gaining fitness.

Fyfe looked sore in the weekend's game, Brayshaw may not be 100% for a couple of weeks with the ankle issue and IIRC Mundy is under a bit of a niggle cloud after the weekend's game as well. If Walters is going to get any time there it may be happening soon. Of course, the other big negative is his record with soft tissue injuries.

I see this sort of talk a lot, RE: teammates with niggles, short term injuries, etc, going to make somebody worth getting.
Surely you are bringing in someone like Walters as a keeper, so what do you do when Fyfe, Brayshaw and Mundy are firing again and Walters goes fwd and starts scoring 50s again?

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
I see this sort of talk a lot, RE: teammates with niggles, short term injuries, etc, going to make somebody worth getting.
Surely you are bringing in someone like Walters as a keeper, so what do you do when Fyfe, Brayshaw and Mundy are firing again and Walters goes fwd and starts scoring 50s again?
Melt?

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond

I think you're misinterpreting what I wrote (or maybe I wasn't clear enough), there's a world of difference between having a player 'on watch' and 'bringing them in' - at this point the likelihood of me trading in Walters is <5%.

The mention of the minor injuries to others higher in the pecking order for midfield rotation was intended to a) highlight the possibility that Walters may get some midfield time in the upcoming game or two and b) that Freo may need to start spreading the load wider over the course of the season if older blokes like Fyfe and Mundy are already feeling the strain in early May.

They seemed to want to play Fyfe forward much more in early games (presumably to preserve his body), he's been nearly full-time midfield since Cerra went down. Mundy's been in terrific form, but he's no spring chicken. In the background, Walters has been getting match fit and he moved well on the weekend.

There are a lot of questions about Walters' viability and associated risk (like most fallen premo 'bargains'), the picture might become a fair bit clearer in the next fortnight or so. I'd be wanting some verification from Longmuir for his ongoing role or similar solid evidence (like a long term injury) before I seriously considered moving on him. :thumbsu:

GWS' run after their bye:
1620130612292.png

Lots of very very very winnable games. If Toby Greene is still fit and firing, I'm bringing him in 100000%

grabbing a GWS DEF (Whitfield if he's not injured, or even Ash or Cumming) and MID (Jelly or Taranto) looks like a good plan as well

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
GWS' run after their bye:
View attachment 1118803

Lots of very very very winnable games. If Toby Greene is still fit and firing, I'm bringing him in 100000%

grabbing a GWS DEF (Whitfield if he's not injured, or even Ash or Cumming) and MID (Jelly or Taranto) looks like a good plan as well
1.gif

Averaging 98. Lowest score this season is 76. Could be averaging 120 if he kicked more accurately

Durability is the only concern, but if you're willing to take a risk on that (if the rest of your team is fairly safe), then he looks very juicy to me

and who else do we have? LOL

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Averaging 98. Lowest score this season is 76. Could be averaging 120 if he kicked more accurately

Durability is the only concern, but if you're willing to take a risk on that (if the rest of your team is fairly safe), then he looks very juicy to me

burn man 2.gif

May 8, 2006
Location, Location
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Unlisted

Greene could be a great pick. I can't get there yet but I'll salute that flag if you fly it.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Amazingly Aaron Hall is definitely on a close watch list playing HBF.

He's a forward/defender also.

Scores of 106, 37 (Was concussed in the first minute of the second quarter), 133 playing half back.

Looks absolutely reinvented in the role.

Amazingly Aaron Hall is definitely on a close watch list playing HBF.

He's a forward/defender also.

Scores of 106, 37 (Was concussed in the first minute of the second quarter), 133 playing half back.

Looks absolutely reinvented in the role.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back