NFL 2021 - NFL Draft Discussion

Sone nuggets from tweets...

Pats tried to trade back up into the 20s to draft DE Jaelen Phillips but the Dolphins nabbed him at 18

Vikings were gonna trade up and draft Justin Fields if he fell a little further.

The Lions wouldve drafted a QB if Penei Sewell wasnt on the board.

The Saints tried to trade up ahead of the Pats to draft Mac Jones but couldnt get a deal done

A LT shouldn't stop you from selecting a QB if you don't believe in the one you have.

Suck s**t Saints. :)

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
Got to love the Titans last year they draft Isiah Wilson a guy with major character concerns and he is no longer with the team after 1 season playing a single game. So this year there 4th round pick Rashad Weaver is facing Assault charges for striking a women.

I genuinely believe in Sam Darnold, he's had an awful run with coaches, hasn't had a genuine chance.

That makes one of us, I hope you're right and I'm wrong mate! 👍

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
Is he nearly as good as Baker?

I think he is as good as Baker. Baker just went to a better situation saying that neither of those two are as good as Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. The one QB i feel sorry for in that draft is Josh Rosen draft by Cardinals not put in position to succeed then Replaced by Kyle Murray next season and bounced around the league since.

There is no point drafting a rookie qb without a plan in place and weapons for them to succeed.

I think he is as good as Baker. Baker just went to a better situation saying that neither of those two are as good as Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. The one QB i feel sorry for in that draft is Josh Rosen draft by Cardinals not put in position to succeed then Replaced by Kyle Murray next season and bounced around the league since.

There is no point drafting a rookie qb without a plan in place and weapons for them to succeed.

Excuses have run out either way for Darnold, it's put up or shut up time, he's got two years to prove his worth. Panthers have given him enough to work with this off-season. Should feel like a kid in a candy store compared to New York.

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

I’m biased but Baker had a fairly poor set of circumstances to deal with, four head coaches in 3 years 4 OCs and Jackson and kitchens would be 2 of the 10 worst coaches in NFL history. Having said that no excuses this year

Should of taken Fields, was a steel at 8 let alone 11, paying Sam Darnold 18.8 million dollars next year is a frightening scenario

Na, once we traded for Darnold we should be committed. I would have been furious , burning three picks including a second rounder for nothing. We'd come off as directionless

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Na, once we traded for Darnold we should be committed. I would have been furious , burning three picks including a second rounder for nothing. We'd come off as directionless
Yep definitely hear what your saying it was a strange move to bring Darnold in and then pay him for 2022, not as strange as bringing in Teddy last year and giving him 33 million guaranteed. I was still shocked Panthers didn’t take fields and bewildered the Broncos didn’t

Yep definitely hear what your saying it was a strange move to bring Darnold in and then pay him for 2022, not as strange as bringing in Teddy last year and giving him 33 million guaranteed. I was still shocked Panthers didn’t take fields and bewildered the Broncos didn’t

Teddy was Marty Hurney's decision (part of the reason he was given the arse I believe)

Committing to the fifth year option probably had a fair bit to do with next year's QB class looking fairly crap.

Teddy was Marty Hurney's decision (part of the reason he was given the arse I believe)

Committing to the fifth year option probably had a fair bit to do with next year's QB class looking fairly crap.
I feel this way too, but last two years there have been prospects come from nowhere so may still be ok. Still, can’t bank on that.

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Looking forward to see how he goes, obviously followed the process closely the year he was drafted, his HC and OC are top draw and he has targets for possibly the first time, the O line has to be concerning I would of thought, hopefully no more seeing ghosts

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.41.03 pm.png

Back