Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Idiots it's a ball gazer..
You do it around your balls, if someone looks, you punch them in the arm for looking at your balls..

Was a thing 2 years ago, must of just made it to Perth
I was watching an old episode of Malcolm in Middle last week, just looked it up and the episode was from 2000.

We live in strange times where we have this sort of thing becomes something a club has to apologise for.

Weak as hell from the Eagles management to feel the need to comment at all

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Longer than that. First I remember hearing about it was on Malcolm in the Middle. That finished in 2006 but was in earlier episodes.
Reckon more people know it as the look and punch game than a white supremacist thing (not denying that it's used that way by some). Plus the fact that one of the Indigenous players is doing it, highly doubt that's what they're intending.
Beat me too it, saw that episode last week. Involved the black kid in a wheelchair as well so I hate to see what the SJW’s would say about that now

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Blairys “The Shocker” in 2011 Nab cup win pic

7-D32-E282-BCF9-4-CCA-80-FC-6094-CB30-E5-ED.jpg

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Meh, it was a 4 chan prank to see if they could make the ignorant believe something so innocent as the ok gesture was actually racist. It worked as thr ignorant fell for it. They did the same thing with milk and the number 85.

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
They 100% meant it as a laugh. There is a 0% chance they meant it as white supremacy

However, it's something most people should be aware of by now given the past few years and when I saw the pic and headline thought it would probably be some muppet journo spinning a bit of immature fun as white supremacy

Hell, before the early 20th century the swastika was a religious and cultural symbol all throughout Europe & Asia, but now if you wore one there's only one thing people will assume. Not comparing the two actions at all, just how two symbols have been repurposed and now represent something completely different to their origins

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
I was watching an old episode of Malcolm in Middle last week, just looked it up and the episode was from 2000.

We live in strange times where we have this sort of thing becomes something a club has to apologise for.

Weak as hell from the Eagles management to feel the need to comment at all

Well they should feel ashamed and definitely need to apologise.

Breach of IP/Copyright is no laughing matter.

Expect Malcolm will be coming at them hard.

Jupes

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
my favourite stupid take on this has been 'w-well, maybe they didn't mean as white supremacy but they're still dumb and juvenile for doing it!!!!!!" from absolute nuffies obsessed with a ball sport.

Idiots it's a ball gazer..
You do it around your balls, if someone looks, you punch them in the arm for looking at your balls..

Was a thing 2 years ago, must of just made it to Perth

Lolol imagine thinking this is 2 years old..

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Hell, before the early 20th century the swastika was a religious and cultural symbol all throughout Europe & Asia,
Still is actually. I went to Delhi a few years ago & there are swastikas everywhere. Most people over there have them painted on their houses.

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
Still is actually. I went to Delhi a few years ago & there are swastikas everywhere. Most people over there have them painted on their houses.

I also noted not that many synagogues in Delhi. Coincidence or fact ?.

By your logic I could also say this rock scares away Tigers….

Back