Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fantom

All Australian
Jun 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes I do. Can you get in touch with what a defeat accepting soft supporter you have become. Amazing how acceptable it is for a captain to string out the Carlton football club on a contract. What does it tell you. Could you imagine: Kouta, Jezza, the Dom, Bradley or Kernahan doing that? I don't even think Murphy did it
All I gotta say is I’m glad people like you don’t run the club.

swuzzlebubble

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2007
Royal Pde
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes I do. Can you get in touch with what a defeat accepting soft supporter you have become. Amazing how acceptable it is for a captain to string out the Carlton football club on a contract. What does it tell you. Could you imagine: Kouta, Jezza, the Dom, Bradley or Kernahan doing that? I don't even think Murphy did it
Bradley did it didn't he?
Didn't he start pre-seasons by himself until the club caved in?

Bradley did it didn't he?
Didn't he start pre-seasons by himself until the club caved in?

Misconception.

Bradley always trained with the squad, but no one could keep up and he ended up running on his own.

Pretty sure.

:p

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees

Every friggen year for about the last 5 of his career Bradley did it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Return of the Paf

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Can already picture the sentiment

Cripps leaves: I knew it, he checked out ages ago, he was declining anyway, an indictment on the club, we want Cerra++

Cripps stays: I knew it, but he isn't worth the $$$$ we are paying him, he is declining anyway, it's an indictment on the club, we could have had Cerra ++
The sentiment is not a contradiction, though. If the 'you're lying' schtick doesn't work, get 'em on the fact that they appear to be disappointed with Cripps. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Amazing how acceptable it is for a captain to string out the Carlton football club on a contract. What does it tell you. Could you imagine: Kouta, Jezza, the Dom, Bradley or Kernahan doing that? I don't even think Murphy did it

Kernahan made us wait for years until he won a flag for Glenelg. And made us sweat a little when Adelaide came calling.

Kouta almost missed matches because of a boots contract

Jezza backed the wrong horse and abandoned the club in the middle of its most successful era

Bradley signed for * before abandoning them for Carlton (ok, this one is forgivable)

Moral of the story - even the Carlton gods are flawed

I think I read on the AFL app (or maybe it was SEN website) that someone in the media said "Wallis would be a good fit for the Blues"

I want just so we can have Williams and Wallis.

They can join Cameron the Bruce...

I was very keen on Wallis a few years back when he was a free agent.

At 29 he doesn't have the same appeal but I'd still take him. He's too good a footballer to not be playing senior footy and there's no reason why he couldn't give us a few years of very good service.

Don’t enjoy seeing players bombing it long to no advantage.

Don’t mind SPS doing short kicks if it’s to advantage / effective.

However, if SPS has viable options to kick long or kick short in a piece of play, then want him to kick it long.

dis

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Seem to remember SOS doing it too.

Yep, people talk about culture in a team environment a lot and you can certainly see a teams culture turning for the worse with crap like that.

They signed, supporters were happy, but the damage within the dressing room and the ying and yang between the administration/footy department and the playing list was no doubt badly damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back