Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

I am think Scott should stand down if he don't win the flag this year and go to Carlton, Then we will see how good he is....My reason for him to go sick of seeing his face just like a wife should be trade after 10 years;)

I am think Scott should stand down if he don't win the flag this year and go to Carlton, Then we will see how good he is....My reason for him to go sick of seeing his face just like a wife should be trade after 10 years;)
Carlton are an up and coming team, and a good chance of finishing above us next year.
They have 2 absolute superstars, and a lot to look forward to.

I get the feeling that Scott would not want to preside over a rebuild phase at any club.
I doubt whether he would be any good at it anyway.
I reckon he has his sights set on a cushy media or AFL gig where his silver tongue can be fully exploited.
If we tank this year I wouldn’t be surprised if he pulled the pin.

Carlton are an up and coming team, and a good chance of finishing above us next year.
They have 2 absolute superstars, and a lot to look forward to.
Who are the absolute superstars? You can‘t mean Cripps anymore.
walsh? McKay?

Ironically I think he'd have Carlton in the top 4 within a few seasons. They have oodles of natural talent and a no defensive system. It's a perfect fit.

He won't do it though. 10 years of coaching, he needs a year or two away from it

Walsh, Cripps, Weitering

no way would any one of those not be in our top 5 players
Weitering( a genuine key defender) and Walsh are very good and have bright futures - not sure I’d be labelling them ‘absolute superstars’ at this point. Cripps? -he might have been heading that way, but his body has limited him. I’d have thought he’d be lucky to be in top 10 mids now. Not sure I know what a superstar is anyway.
Probably tells us more about our list to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering( a genuine key defender) and Walsh are very good and have bright futures - not sure I’d be labelling them ‘absolute superstars’ at this point. Cripps? -he might have been heading that way, but his body has limited him. I’d have thought he’d be lucky to be in top 10 mids now. Not sure I know what a superstar is anyway.
Probably tells us more about our list to be honest.
All 3 are elite but only Cripps has the superstar aura about him & he hasn’t lived up to that this year

All 3 are elite but only Cripps has the superstar aura about him & he hasn’t lived up to that this year
He been carrying some injury since some point last year maybe? Hasn’t been right with it. I think without the body damage he might have ‘lived up to it.’ Not sure you could call him elite anymore.

As I have found out in the review thread of the rich, its amazing how often people speak in absolutes. No one is ever gifted a flag... but its not often one gets a coaching job with a team coming off seasons like. GF, GF, GF, PF

CS was able to step in and coach a side that was already trained and welcomed a fresh voice, and a slight tweak in game plan. To some degree I think Beverage did the same after McCartney did a lot of hard work at the Dogs. It under plays that even with the players, one still has to bring them together etc far more example of talent being wasted than being maximised.

As I have found out in the review thread of the rich, its amazing how often people speak in absolutes. No one is ever gifted a flag... but its not often one gets a coaching job with a team coming off seasons like. GF, GF, GF, PF

CS was able to step in and coach a side that was already trained and welcomed a fresh voice, and a slight tweak in game plan. To some degree I think Beverage did the same after McCartney did a lot of hard work at the Dogs. It under plays that even with the players, one still has to bring them together etc far more example of talent being wasted than being maximised.

He came into the job at a good time no one would question that.

but so did Buckley 12 months later. What’s he got to show for it?

Is Browne into something or trying to create a story to keep his name out there?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

Scott's contracted till the end of next year, if he doesnt win a flag by then you'd have to wonder if it's worth keeping him around for what will be a rebuild. I could see Scott leaving and Selwood retiring at the end of 2022, thus ushering in the next phase for the club.

The questions that are swirling around Clarkson now are the ones Scott will face in the coming 18 months: Is he the best person to rebuild the list?

With Wells stepping back who knows how long that might take. It's Wells list management that has kept us competitive and is largely responsible for Scotts brilliant record. I could see the club deciding it's better to move on and start something new, or equally, i could see Scott reading the writing on the wall and bailing to a list that is in better shape. Carlton or Melbourne would be the obvious destinations, in fact there probably isnt a club out there that wouldnt consider bringing him in so he'd have his pick of the bunch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back