• Kelly and Merrett

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I know it’s hard for some people, but can we not do the “we need to trade into the first round” thing in here.

😞

It's also not the thread to discuss current Hawthorn players and if they are in form or not, and whether they’re tradeable.

Trade targets. Trade targets. Trade targets.

That means players at other clubs, and our interest in them going forward.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
I wonder if the pay structure we’re so used to hearing about is out the door with Wrighty

I doubt that was all on wright to be honest, more or less a club mantra. Hopefully it's out the door no though because we don't have the lure of saying " Do you want more or sucess " well we do have it but instead of coming to Hawthorn for Success you would now becoming for the money, so yeah the mantra has to change.

Wingnut19

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Must go for both Dylan Williams and Sam Hayes from Port. Hard to get a game there and we’re both highly touted juniors.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Must go for both Dylan Williams and Sam Hayes from Port. Hard to get a game there and we’re both highly touted juniors.

Both the SA backup rucks Hayes and Strachan seem to be dominating the SANFL. Hayes is 21 and extended his contract to the end of 2023 earlier this year so seems committed.

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Both the SA backup rucks Hayes and Strachan seem to be dominating the SANFL. Hayes is 21 and extended his contract to the end of 2023 earlier this year so seems committed.

Strachan is out of contract and would be 26 at the end of this year. Could even get him as a DFA. No idea if he's any good but that's still a pretty good age for ruck depth. Hayes obviously more ideal but probably not obtainable.

Port will not want to let Hayes move on.

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Disagree. The guy was one of the main instigators of their fightback Friday night. Is an elite talent and has amazing agility. Part of the reason Richmond have been able to stay on top because guys like Bolton are fullfilling their potential. Thats the way i see it.

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We have had over the past 3-4 years some players we have either given them a farewell tour and or paying others more than they would normally get with our list profile.

We really should be in a position now to attack free agency and pay what is needed to secure a few big names without worrying about key players falling out the other side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We have had over the past 3-4 years some players we have either given them a farewell tour and or paying others more than they would normally get with our list profile.

We really should be in a position now to attack free agency and pay what is needed to secure a few big names without worrying about key players falling out the other side.
As ive said for a while now, soon we'll find out if it was Wright who was the tight wallet, or it really is Clarko.

We will not be paying top dollar for players. We r now invested in the draft. The focus has been the draft the last couple. My feeling is we will get other so called list fillers and experienced players to fill holes in the mean time.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
We will not be paying top dollar for players. We r now invested in the draft. The focus has been the draft the last couple. My feeling is we will get other so called list fillers and experienced players to fill holes in the mean time.

A few more off season Hartigan type recruits too look forward to is it ?

Wouldn’t mind having a crack at Cunningham from the Blues for the right price. Has pace to burn, could see him playing on a wing for us.

If we are to target any Carlton player this off-season I hope it’s Zac Fisher.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
List fillers is a polite way of saying list cloggers

No thanks

Hit the draft by all means, but don’t then trade for “fillers“ who won’t be there when we are challenging

We have enough “list fillers” already

List fillers is a polite way of saying list cloggers

No thanks

Hit the draft by all means, but don’t then trade for “fillers“ who won’t be there when we are challenging

We have enough “list fillers” already
We will need those to fill the gaps until our players mature. We are not going to rebuild the list in one or two drafts you need other players to fill the gaps in the mean time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back