Autopsy Rd 7 Blues beat Bombers in Epic Encounter

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Commentary is at an all time low. Dopey ex players dribbling agendas or Mcaveney/Cometti wannabes screaming their **** off to convey the fact that something exciting has happened. Do they even understand that it’s a visual medium?
Could be wrong, but don’t think radio is...

Casboult needs a month off to get his knee right and get fit. When TDK comes back, give Levi a month off, TDK as CHF in that month backing up Pitto. Then i would go with TDK and Casboult as backup when Levi is fit.

I disagree; I believe the problem is with our stoppage set up and execution. Tdk to the forward line and back up ruckman Levi as a utility.

How good is working from home
Got the replay on, got my knee blankie, got some chippies. Life's good.
that's a knee shawl, ffs................

Would you believe Cas, (who is struggling with a knee and poor form) has actually won more hitouts to advantage this year, as a percentage?

Pitto has only taken 10 marks this year, none yesterday. For an around the ground ruckman, that can't jump or be a threat forward is poor

Only way Pitto goes to the next level is to become way more aggressive

This is why i have been critical of list management, we should have had a replacement for Levi, at least 4 years ago and a replacement coming through for Jones

The only cover we have down the spine was an after thought in Omac

I had another look Arrow. Cas is nowhere near the ruckman pitto is. In the 17 ruck contest I counted he tapped 1 to advantage and the only other one that was a possibility was a bad bounce that was not recalled which put Cripps under pressure and resulted in an essendon clearance. Of the 55 odd contests pitto rucked I counted 11.

I would keep Cas as a utility as he can be useful in a number of positions but of all of them I think the ruck is his weakest.

I had another look Arrow. Cas is nowhere near the ruckman pitto is. In the 17 ruck contest I counted he tapped 1 to advantage and the only other one that was a possibility was a bad bounce that was not recalled which put Cripps under pressure and resulted in an essendon clearance. Of the 55 odd contests pitto rucked I counted 11.

I would keep Cas as a utility as he can be useful in a number of positions but of all of them I think the ruck is his weakest.

The hitout to advantage % is over the course of the year

Not saying it's elite, just stating it's on par or better than Pitto for the year

The hitout to advantage % is over the course of the year

Not saying it's elite, just stating it's on par or better than Pitto for the year

Can you have a look what was counted by them for the essendon game Arrow?

Pittonet has been truly disappointing in the centre bounces. He has stopped jumping and when he does win the tap, it’s at shoe lace level. Thank goodness TDK is back and getting fit.
Yep. He really sucks at ruck work I'm sorry to say.

I also question why Matthew Kreuzer, a bloke famous for being quiet, is a ruck coach at our club. He is quiet by nature, and wasn't an overly great tap ruckman himself

Yep. He really sucks at ruck work I'm sorry to say.

I also question why Matthew Kreuzer, a bloke famous for being quiet, is a ruck coach at our club. He is quiet by nature, and wasn't an overly great tap ruckman himself
Do you have to be loud to coach a ruck group? It’s basically just Pitto, TDK and Levi.

Pitto had 9 to advantage from 35 hitouts, 69 contests

Levi 2 to advantage, 6 hitouts, 19 contests

I am missing 14 contests for pitto and 1 for Cas. I am going to have to watch the game again and reconcile it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a look at the replay for the second time and Tried to establish the difference between our wins and losses. I will keep my thoughts simple.

We got smashed for clearances and yet we won.

Skills did not improve to a great extent we still went out to the wings but pulled the trigger straight down the middle more than we have n the past, Not allowing the opposition to zone back quick enough.

Some determination and willingness to tackle in our back line saved 4 to 5 goals (remember we have been losing by an average of 24 points or so).

Playing more skilled players in the middle Cunners & later SPS resulted in better delivery and rebound.

Playing Ed as a Tagger (which is his best role) had a huge effect.

Forwards pushed back towards the middle Allowing Harry Ed and Owies to capitalise more than usual.

In a nut shell we only beat *, but just a few positional changes, determined Youth with a willingness to chase harass and tackle hard and slightly better disposal was the difference. We got smashed in the center and ruck but still pulled it off with a few more 1%'s we haven't been getting in the past.

I hope it goes up another notch against the flee bitten varmints.

The only risk is him getting pushed out to a half forward flank or something like that for no apparent reason....

Yeah. I would be flabbergasted if that were to happen. My feeling is that they are building him into a permanent mid, resting forward. I've noticed him getting a fair bit of attention from the runner - reckon the coaches are really prioritising him. Was the same with L Power at the ressies.

On a side note, think he's becoming more confident on the field too now... Looked like he had a bit of a go at Pitt when he handballed to Saad under pressure and saw him directing traffic a number of times during the game ... bloody exciting times.

So Pitto with a 51% win rate, 13% total to advantage. Levi with 32% and 11% respectively.

As a follow up, yearly stats

Hitouts to advantage from ruck contests attendance

Pitto 15.23 %, Levi 13.27%. 2 more from a 100

Kicking efficiency, Pitto 35%, Levi 40%

Marks, Pitto 10, Levi 21

IMHO, when TDK is ready, I would drop Pitto

Had a look at the replay for the second time and Tried to establish the difference between our wins and losses. I will keep my thoughts simple.

We got smashed for clearances and yet we won.

Skills did not improve to a great extent we still went out to the wings but pulled the trigger straight down the middle more than we have n the past, Not allowing the opposition to zone back quick enough.

Some determination and willingness to tackle in our back line saved 4 to 5 goals (remember we have been losing by an average of 24 points or so).

Playing more skilled players in the middle Cunners & later SPS resulted in better delivery and rebound.

Playing Ed as a Tagger (which is his best role) had a huge effect.

Forwards pushed back towards the middle Allowing Harry Ed and Owies to capitalise more than usual.

In a nut shell we only beat *, but just a few positional changes, determined Youth with a willingness to chase harass and tackle hard and slightly better disposal was the difference. We got smashed in the center and ruck but still pulled it off with a few more 1%'s we haven't been getting in the past.

I hope it goes up another notch against the flee bitten varmints.
I wonder what influence Woosha had on the game, knows most of those * boys and their tendencies pretty well you would think.

Back