Preview Sydney Swans vs Melbourne Demons, Saturday May 8 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can’t go McLean, buddy amd Sinclair simple imo

Ball will walk out

Having said that the ball walked out on numerous occasions last Saturday night. Papley, Wicks and Gulden all need to pull their finger out as small forwards and start applying some real tackling pressure inside 50. Crumbing and snagging a goal here and there is there job but so is keeping the ball locked in with physical and perceived pressure. Not aimed at you here Punts but the the disguised Buddy bashing here is ****ing pathetic tbh. Top 10 player of all time and being made out to be a hack liability. Give us a spell !

Reckon Hickey needs help to combat both Gawn and Jackson. Not sure if McLean is the answer?
Dont know the solution.. Sinkers is the next best Ruck, but adds to a slow forward line. Amartey has played a few good games in the 2nds, but probably not up to senior footy (yet), McLean will be needed up forward - unless Logan plays
options
Buddy, McLean
Buddy, McLean, Sinkers
Buddy, McLean, McDonald
Buddy McLean, Amartey
Reckon we'll go Buddy, McLean and Sinkers

ps.. nice to have options

I know Fritsch is having a good season (ave 3 goals a game), but I think playing against him rather than his likely replacement in Weideman suits our defenders better.
General consensus is that Weideman will come in regardless (McDonald to replace Tomlinson at CHB)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no legal knowledge and even I know an appeal using this as an example would be thrown out in an instant. Dangerfield had just punched the ball and drew his outstretched arm back into protect himself from the oncoming player. Fritsch had possession of the ball and raised his arm in an attempt to fend off. I can only assume that he can't get any more than 1 week and that is why they are trying it on. The likes of Fox Footy trying to suggest these two are similar is laughable.
Not so different to the Dangerfield result in the end.

Real estate averages 8% growth p.a. All depends on the interest you pay.
No real estate talk on here please, ever. Last time I was in Sydney I stopped going to barbies because there was always some ignorant twat rattling on about real estate. The planet is burning but people talk about real estate. WTF ? Not saying you're one of those twats but it just pissed me off. Houses are homes, for people to live in, not commodities.

That Fritz decision by the Tribunal is disgraceful. It just flies in the face of everything else including McCartin who, in my opinion, got his right whack.

Ir just makes no sense.
I watched and re-watched the footage and all I can say is "What's the point of handing out bans and fines if a tribunal can override them ?" Like McCartin, he was clearly guilty. He raised his forearm and smacked a young player in the head. Case closed.

Yeah bit of a joke that overturn. But Brown doesn't worry me whatsoever. He's extremely easy to play on cuz he can only do one thing. Weideman and fritsch the 2 concerns.

I was actually a bit disappointed at the “Buddy back” news.

Like Ben Brown coming into the Demons, or Cameron into the Cats - the introduction of a new “demanding” forward upsets the team cohesion for a while.

Buddy is an asset if he plays consistently. But if he appears sporadically, I see it as a problem.
One could argue that in and out means the team doesn't depend on him. Buddy needs to be told to demand the ball when he's in best position but otherwise create opportunities for others. I think Papley's been told this year. Last year he was always calling for it, short, long, even on top of his head, despite being a relative midget. This year he's as likely to point to someone else who's free.

Buddy is an asset, but he needs to fit into a team approach with mutliple options to goal.

The MCG suits our game. Much harder to guard the corridor, more space to move. We need our hard runners and best ball users in. Fox should be a no brainer if he's fit. He can play anywhere from a tall or short defender to an on-baller, outside mid or even across half forward. He's got huge speed and uses the ball well, coming off an 81% average disposal efficiency in 2020.

Not so different to the Dangerfield result in the end.
You can’t make one mistake then keep repeating it in the name of precedence....there is no clarity now when an elbow to the head is considered fair play.

I was actually a bit disappointed at the “Buddy back” news.

Like Ben Brown coming into the Demons, or Cameron into the Cats - the introduction of a new “demanding” forward upsets the team cohesion for a while.

Buddy is an asset if he plays consistently. But if he appears sporadically, I see it as a problem.
So you are comparing Buddy to Ben Brown....I have now heard everything. This notion of Buddy being a demanding forward is interesting, it’s not up to Buddy who kicks him the ball. The player with the ball in hand needs to make better decisions, every forward worth their salt should demand the ball inside forward fifty.

I just cannot understand your thinking here in any way.

Yeah bit of a joke that overturn. But Brown doesn't worry me whatsoever. He's extremely easy to play on cuz he can only do one thing. Weideman and fritsch the 2 concerns.
Brown 2 goals from 5 touches in first game back. He still adds to their firepower and their mids are also kicking goals. Shut down Fritsch and we'll go a long way towards winning. McCartin takes Brown. Rampe can take Fritsch (if he's back). Then we need to win in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back