Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He's doing Matt Rowell level things in the NAB league. He's pretty damn good. No chance collingwood pass him up. They'll find a way to get him, even if they have to ship off a few players.
Matt Rowell.. the guy who's played 3 games in his career

Oh yeah.
3 game superstar.
Would trade Pickett and Jackson for him
Name a player who has scored 9 brownlow votes from 3 games in their 2nd, 3rd, 4th games of footy. You can't. Already Gold Coast's best and most important player. He will retire a football legend.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Name a player who has scored 9 brownlow votes from 3 games in their 2nd, 3rd, 4th games of footy. You can't. Already Gold Coast's best and most important player. He will retire a football legend.
Irrelevant, name a key forward who started as well as Hogan
Worked out for him

Irrelevant, name a key forward who started as well as Hogan
Worked out for him
How can you compare a football nerd, student of the game, future captain of the club and all around good guy to Jesse Hogan?

Let's aim for a 7th career game first
Estimated return is round 14. Should be primed for round 18 against us. What a privilege it will be to watch the great one tear Clayton Oliver a new one.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Estimated return is round 14. Should be primed for round 18 against us. What a privilege it will be to watch the great one tear Clayton Oliver a new one.
Only thing he will tear is a muscle trying to chase Jackson out of the middle.

I've got an Idea, we let the pies trade Moore to us for unders and he wins a Brownlow for us like his old man did. Problem is we'd sort of have Lever mark 2.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
What a legacy Ned Guy is leaving Collingwood with after his resignation today. You can obviously argue that he's been thrown under the bus by decisions made above his pay grade, but given a part of his job is to manage the salary cap, he's largely responsible for those decisions needing to be made. But once they had been, it's up to him to secure the best deals possible, and in that he's failed miserably.

Stephenson, Bosenavulagi and Pick 39
for
Picks 26, 33, 70.
Using the completely arbitrary (but relevant later on) method of grading values with the draft point index, that's rating both players worth Pick 21 combined, which is reasonably comical given the lack of talent currently running around for Collingwood, and the amount that Stephenson alone had already shown

Phillips
for
Pick 65.
Phillips is no star, but they've had Jack Madgen (who I consider one of the worst players in the competition) line up on a wing at stages

Treloar, Picks 26, 33, 42
for
Pick 14, '21 2nd Rounder tied to the Dogs.
Firstly in points terms, considering the Dogs current ladder position, just purely on picks, the Pies are actually -4pts, meaning the basically gave them Treloar for free!

Then there was a number of pick swaps, both before, and during the draft, which on the night were quite well manoeuvred, particularly around bidding etc, but with their current ladder position have become horrific, and when you consider an almost certain bid on Nick Daicos at No.1 and what they've left themselves with, its damn near catastrophic. In terms of points in and out, at the current ladder positions, they've handed over the equivalent of Pick 12. They go into this year draft, likely needing to stump up 2400 points, with the Dogs 2nd Rounder, Adelaide and Freo's 3rd Rounders, and no 4th. Current ladder position, they've got 1156 points, they need to find that Pick 12 they handed over just to get Daicos!

They obviously didn't see such a dramatic form drop coming (I didn't have them in my 8, but not this far down) and they may still pick up a few wins and improve the situation somewhat, but I think this one off season will have put them back a solid 3-5 years

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agreed. But funnily enough it’s one of the big ‘well run’ clubs that are finally executing the fear scenario of future firsts and deficit picking. While Daicos helps in terms of an absolute top end talent, he’s one player, and they need so much more than just him.

Funnily enough if they want to rip it all down I really think they look at trading Moore for a future first plus later picks this year. Doesn’t help them with immediate talent per se but the Daicos situation messes them up there anyway. Use him to fix your points deficit issue in 2021 and bring in a quality player in 2022 with the future first. You’d think Geelong, Adelaide or even Sydney or GC would be all over that.
they could trade for a future first then after getting daicos could they not trade that future 1st into this year's first? or can you only trade futures before the draft? I'd also trade Loves DeGoey for whatever I could get for him to help with the points. Hopefully roos bid on daicos with pick 1

they could trade for a future first then after getting daicos could they not trade that future 1st into this year's first? or can you only trade futures before the draft? I'd also trade Loves DeGoey for whatever I could get for him to help with the points. Hopefully roos bid on daicos with pick 1
Pretty sure you have to use 2 of your own first rounders across 5 years. Not sure where the pies are at there, but it limits the trading of future firsts

Yeah but they also need the picks to get back into the first this year. At this stage they’ll go into points deficit for 2022 as well which will damage that pick, so unless they can get enough points predraft they will struggle.

Right now assuming a pick 1 on Daicos they need to find an additional 900 points approximately- the equivalent of pick 20.

Pretty sure you have to use 2 of your own first rounders across 5 years. Not sure where the pies are at there, but it limits the trading of future firsts
Nah just 2 firsts. Doesn’t have to be your own.

I thought it was just any first rounder. If Collingwood are trading into the first round to get Daicos I think they'd be right.

Nah just 2 firsts. Doesn’t have to be your own.
Thanks, questioned it as I said it. I remember essendon had to use a first last draft for this reason but they had three firsts anyway.

Regardless of his contribution to their current predicament, the fact that Collingwood have lost their list manager with a poor draft position and a potentially generational father/son on the horizon would be deeply concerning for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back