Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’m mostly on my own here but I just can’t. The score is ridiculous, sounds like a panto of a bad horror movie and it dials it up to 12 from the first scene. It’s all overreacted (Williams and ruffalo do okay). The twist is telegraphed and by the time the big reveal is done the sheer concept of what’s happening is beyond ludicrous. Save for one 10ish minute stretch in the flashback with Leo and Williams (which is excellent) the whole thing is laughable.

It’s pretty universally lauded and highly rated but I just don’t get it.

You're entitled to your opinion. But it's wrong.

Without Remorse... haven't read the book, so went in with no preconceptions. The plot sounded cliched but given it was written 30 years ago, I gave it the benefit of the doubt as Clancy mastered some of those cliches. Still, pretty generic overall, some of the decisions were illogical, and a lot of the dialogue was terrible. I don't think Michael B Jordan was that great, he couldn't rise above the dialogue. Still, some ok action and a couple of neat set pieces, couple of really tense moments, maybe 6/10 on a good day.

Can't imagine there's any appetite for a franchise though.

Hmm. Surprised nobody else has seen Guy Richie's new film Wrath of Man yet. It's rating of 7.5/10 on IMDB is pretty appropriate. Statham was Statham, played a good quiet type guy well as he usually does. Scott Eastwood was the interesting one for me and I'm keen to see some opinions on him later on. Essentially played the main villain and I thought he did a pretty good job of it. Nice cast. Could be corny in parts but the story was told quite well.

Hmm. Surprised nobody else has seen Guy Richie's new film Wrath of Man yet. It's rating of 7.5/10 on IMDB is pretty appropriate. Statham was Statham, played a good quiet type guy well as he usually does. Scott Eastwood was the interesting one for me and I'm keen to see some opinions on him later on. Essentially played the main villain and I thought he did a pretty good job of it. Nice cast. Could be corny in parts but the story was told quite well.
This looks like a straight up action flick, has Guy Ritchie ever done a straightforward simple movie like this before?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

As cool a film as it is I was wondering why SBS are doing an all day run of it... and then I watched it three times from different starting points.

Super Green
Yeah I'm not sure why exactly, but it's the 3rd time I've seen them do it with the fifth element. Someone in my friendship group always mentions it when they notice as there's a few that love it in there.

Not certain they've done it with anything else but have a feeling I may have seen it with hunt for the wilderpeople. Could be mistaken though and it may have been back to back instead of all day repeats.

Muriel and Pitch Perfect go to space! Collette and Kendrick was awful casting.

The first few minutes were ok, until they found the stowaway, then it got real boring. By one hour in I was fast forwarding.

2/10
Watched this last week and scrolling through movies last night I saw it the movie title. Had to ask the missus how it ended so I must have fallen asleep. She answered 's**t'....

As you said, started off alright....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never Grow Old (2019)

Emile Hirsch plays Patrick Tate, a struggling undertaker in a small American frontier town. Business improves when a trio of bad guys led by Dutch Albert (John Cusack) moves to town. Patrick has to weigh the attraction of the blood money against his morals and his family's well being.

Hirsch and Cusack are both very good. It's fairly slow paced but the events build to a good climax. Worth a look

6/10

68% on rotten tomatoes, so he might be closer to the mark than you think. I haven't seen it in a long time but can understand why people might not like it.
IS that your only argument? Rotten Tomatoes ratings are erratic at best. I could think of over 20 movies I loved that I never would have seen had I taken notice of RT.

Interesting movies with great concepts don't always need great execution. Critics don't get that.

68% on rotten tomatoes, so he might be closer to the mark than you think. I haven't seen it in a long time but can understand why people might not like it.

8.2 on IMDB and #152 on their top 250 movies of all time.

8.2 on IMDB and #152 on their top 250 movies of all time.
I’m very very comfortable admitting that I’m in the minority with my opinion on this but given the howling down I got for noting IMDb and box office ratings on franchise films this is pretty amusing.

Also Endgame, 8.4 and 76 in that same list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back