Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
During the game itself the commentators were mulling over when this "sort of thing" had happened before, and came to the conclusion it was like when Port came here and belted us in 2019. I think to the rest of the league Round 3 Eagles v Port didn't actually happen. Which is particularly odd as it was the only game on Easter Saturday that was on FTA (even in Melbourne), in theory getting even greater exposure.

It’s weird with Port. I know so called experts tend to have memories like goldfish at the best of times but I’ve heard them being referred to as ‘so good for so long!’....but they are literally s**t every 2nd year. If they play finals this year it’ll be the first time they’ve done so since 2013/14 and the 2nd time since they were coming off the 2004 premiership. They do play finals semi regularly as a club but for the most part are a genuine middle of the pack organisation.

Whately reckons it's "unfair" that Freo are relocating to the GC for two weeks but WC aren't.

Really struggled to follow his logic but apparently it's because of the "big brother, little brother" dynamic in this town

I don't think he actually cares what he's saying, as long as he gets to hear himself say it.

No one is asking 🐓 🔥 to move their games, they're doing it off their own bat in an effort to not lose so much money. That's their choice and good for them.

Brave Sir Robin

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Whately reckons it's "unfair" that Freo are relocating to the GC for two weeks but WC aren't.

Really struggled to follow his logic but apparently it's because of the "big brother, little brother" dynamic in this town
Especially bizarre given that Freo have the home game this week. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, unless he's saying we should have moved the derby to another state.

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Clearly he is wrong. We are actually working on relocating Fremantle permanently.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Did you hear him about the Geelong umpire mistake last night? That umpire will be lucky to ever work again in his country.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle

Yeah, I couldn't believe it. For someone in the media to be so misinformed as to come up with such a stat-

Actually, misinformed media is the norm in our footy industry...

MeltMan

With The Power To MELT!
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't know how, they will drop anchor and be immovable, "the anchor is meant to be symbolic, not ironic" maybe metaphoric? At the moment its just a bit too literal.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
If the Cleveland Browns can win a Super Bowl, no sports team moniker in the world can be blamed for a lack of success.

See also Green Bay Packers.

It was a bizarre rant. Talking about equity. So do all 18 teams have to move Gerard?

Not to mention from everything I've heard it sounds like it was Freo's decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back