Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

PB w Teal Bars should embraced by Port fans and admin!
Its not a Magpies jumper its a Power jumper- different comp, different team, different jumper. Its close enough, homage is there and looks 10/10 imo.
Dont forget its "silver TEAL black and white"
You've opened a can of worms, a large one too.

I doubt it's intentional, but I like the black border around the the teal. The inaccurate paint colouring also adds something, IMO. It's almost like it's the original PB coming from behind the teal, similar to Adelaide's white claw/tear strip from a few years ago.

Yes.....Intentional........

Teal prison bars on black look really good and are totally, unmistakably Port Adelaide.

In the absence of the SANFL jumper, I don’t understand why Port fans would be so against them.

Even if they did somehow get to wear the B&W bars at home full-time - which is never gonna happen - they’d still have to invert the colours or add another colour for a clash strip in a similar apparent bastardisation of the bars.

Teal prison bars on black look really good and are totally, unmistakably Port Adelaide.

In the absence of the SANFL jumper, I don’t understand why Port fans would be so against them.

Even if they did somehow get to wear the B&W bars at home full-time - which is never gonna happen - they’d still have to invert the colours or add another colour for a clash strip in a similar apparent bastardisation of the bars.

I would be all for a variant of the PB jumper on the proviso we got to wear the pure, unadulterated PB on a regular basis where the club see’s fit. Heck, I’d go back to the old gay dolphin jumper if we had the original PB’s, but until we are wearing our jumper on a regular basis in the AFL all these concepts are unacceptable and diminish the argument of why we want OUR jumper in the AFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be all for a variant of the PB jumper on the proviso we got to wear the pure, unadulterated PB on a regular basis where the club see’s fit. Heck, I’d go back to the old gay dolphin jumper if we had the original PB’s, but until we are wearing our jumper on a regular basis in the AFL all these concepts are unacceptable and diminish the argument of why we want OUR jumper in the AFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think that’s ever going to happen.

Port entered as the Power. If they wanted to change their jumper to brown and gold stripes or blue and white hoops, I think they’d have the same issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely they could have the prison bar jumper and add some teal in somewhere that looks good and then still pisses off Eddie.
We apparently tried that in the 90s when we started trying to get into the AFL and were told no and that's before Sir D***head came along

Looks great. It's worth noting what a difference it makes having clean white sponsor logos without a boxes around them.
I really think the AFL should crack down on it.
the point of sponsor logos is making them stand out. if they blend in, it's less value for the sponsors and in turn less money for the league

Occasionally it helps the logo stand out but half the time it just looks like a tacky box. Logos in white boxes are usually less easy to read than if they were just white text. Plus, if you don't have a box, you can make the text bigger which will help it stand out more.

Occasionally it helps the logo stand out but half the time it just looks like a tacky box. Logos in white boxes are usually less easy to read than if they were just white text. Plus, if you don't have a box, you can make the text bigger which will help it stand out more.

i'm really not a fan of the way designs get compromised to make a logo stand out, just look at north over the last 10 years with X-Blades and Canterbury. The middle stripe cuts off to make room for the manufacturer logo (even though Collingwood and Hawthorn have never needed this) and the right stripe has a big chunk cut out for the mazda logo. apparently also the reason we have the weird tramp stamp logo on the back is that sponsors don't like a club logo to be above theirs on the jumper (it used to be above mazda's logo on the front.) mazda's logo used to sit neatly across a stripe no problem, it looked like something that had been added to the jumper instead of the jumper being built around it.
1620452474651.png

this looked good. i'd personally prefer the stripes were wider (something akin to Collingwood's away jumper from last year) but they had the right idea about integrating the sponsor logos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back