Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
God did not need to create us to benefit Himself;
Exactly my point, why create? why create all this suffering? an evil god perfectly explains this, a good god, explains nothing. Like AFL created GC and thus created a nothing entity which is eternally suffering. This is on AFL. Mankind is God's Gold Coast if you admit he is good but perfectly explains if he is evil. You don't think god knew people would sin and he he had to send his son down blah blah blah? he obviously knew, he still chose to create, why? to make us suffer , follow and seek attention.

He creates, curses people cause he gets angry, then drowns people cause they didnt listen to him, then commits genocide, rape murder and then eventually sends Jesus to rescue us from a curse he originally gave us to save us from himself.

His creation didnt really go according to his plan did it? fancy that for an all knowing omnipotence, he really ****ed up big time. Maybe he shouldn't have created?

AFL did a better job with GC than God did with humans lol, that's the truth.

Perfect sense, hey?

An evil also explains why he responds to you, who is his knees ready to suck his dick but never that hungry child in India, who doesn't have anyone cause he doesnt suck up to him.

Evil indeed!

He was complete anyway.
He isn't, demands worship and obedience and in OT he mentions he is a jealous god multiple times. By no means complete, without humans he is a no one

When you demand someone has to do something for you, you are NOT complete. You can repeating a lie a 100 times, this will not turn into 'truth'.
You questioning the Creator all the time as if you've worked it all out IS the height of arrogance,
For the 100th time, i am questioning your version of God, and showing you how illogical and stupid it is, God may or may not exist, but you missed the point, as usual. This isn't an attack or other God's this is in attack in what you believe in. Am i clear now or do i need to repeat myself 500 times more for you to get this?

and if not, it's very naive.

Says you, who doesn't care about his Bible and says God is eternally god cause he says so, despite his actions dont justify that?

If God is malevolent as you have accused Him of, why Jesus?

Several problems with Jesus

1. whilst the New Testament establishes a New Covenant it doesn't condemn the morality of the Old Testament, in fact it praises it.
2. the New Testament also has disturbing passages all of its own.
3. Christians still believe the events of the Old Testament happened. This means they believe that at one point in history the God they worship commanded the morally disturbing things the Old Testament talks about.

Obviously I'm glad that modern Christians don't condone slavery, let rapists marry their victims as long as they compensate the father, execute people for blasphemy or execute people for working on the Sabbath etc but according to the Bible your God once ordered/condoned these things. He's still guilty for his barbaric past.

No amount of verbal gymnastics will get you past this.

Why send himself in human form for our benefit? He consistently has given us the way to make peace with Him, but you want to harp on about OT descriptions of His power and dealings with stubborn, sinful, recalcitrant people.

Many reasons. He realised he ****ed up big time in the OT. He came to tell people he isn't as bad.

Original sin is not a Biblical doctroine, i have explained it to many times, repeating a lie, doesn;t make it real.

Jesus didn't fulfill any of the prophecies of the OT, despiste Christians inventing history trying to prove a point.

Please tell me VD, why don;t you believe in your own scriptures? Jesus said (Not YWH), if you divorce a woman, you are going to hell cause its a sin. Do you believe this? do you believe if that divorce by mutual consent they have committed a sin? James later on says this is as bad as homosexuality and genocide. Do you believe divorcing someone is as bad as homosexuality and genocide? If not why not?

And lastly VD has how christianity benefited us mankind that wouldn't have benefitted through secular means? i am not talking about sin and afterlife, i am talking about THIS LIFE. I can show you plenty that Christians did to * the world up, but you can't show me one thing you guys did that made life better that couldn't have been achieved through secular means.

As i said a tree is known by its fruits and this fruit stinks.

Last edited:
Exactly my point, why create? why create all this suffering? an evil god perfectly explains this, a good god, explains nothing. Like AFL created GC and thus created a nothing entity which is eternally suffering. This is on AFL. Mankind is God's Gold Coast if you admit he is good but perfectly explains if he is evil. You don't think god knew people would sin and he he had to send his son down blah blah blah? he obviously knew, he still chose to create, why? to make us suffer , follow and seek attention.

He creates, curses people cause he gets angry, then drowns people cause they didnt listen to him, then commits genocide, rape murder and then eventually sends Jesus to rescue us from a curse he originally gave us to save us from himself.

His creation didnt really go according to his plan did it? fancy that for an all knowing omnipotence, he really f’ed up big time. Maybe he shouldn't have created?

Perfect sense, hey?

An evil also explains why he responds to you, who is his knees ready to suck his dick but never that hungry child in India, who doesn't have anyone cause he doesnt suck up to him.

Evil indeed!

He isn't, demands worship and obedience and in OT he mentions he is a jealous god multiple times. By no means complete, without humans he is a no one

When you demand someone has to do something for you, you are NOT complete. You can repeating a lie a 100 times, this will not turn into 'truth'.

For the 100th time, i am questioning your version of God, and showing you how illogical and stupid it is, God may or may not exist, but you missed the point, as usual. This isn't an attack or other God's this is in attack in what you believe in. Am i clear now or do i need to repeat myself 500 times more for you to get this?

Says you, who doesn't care about his Bible and says God is eternally god cause he says so, despite his actions dont justify that?

1. whilst the New Testament establishes a New Covenant it doesn't condemn the morality of the Old Testament, in fact it praises it.
3. Christians still believe the events of the Old Testament happened. This means they believe that at one point in history the God they worship commanded the morally disturbing things the Old Testament talks about.

Obviously I'm glad that modern Christians don't condone slavery, let rapists marry their victims as long as they compensate the father, execute people for blasphemy or execute people for working on the Sabbath etc but according to the Bible your God once ordered/condoned these things. He's still guilty for his barbaric past.

Many reasons. He realised he f’ed up big time in the OT. He came to tell people he isn't as bad.

Original sin is not a Biblical doctroine, i have explained it to many times, repeating a lie, doesn;t make it real.

Jesus didn't fulfill any of the prophecies of the OT, despiste Christians inventing history trying to prove a point.

Please tell me VD, why don;t you believe in your own scriptures? Jesus said (Not YWH), if you divorce a woman, you are going to hell cause its a sin. Do you believe this? do you believe if that divorce by mutual consent they have committed a sin? James later on says this is as bad as homosexuality and genocide. Do you believe divorcing someone is as bad as homosexuality and genocide? If not why not?

And lastly VD has how christianity benefited us mankind that wouldn't have benefitted through secular means? i am not talking about sin and afterlife, i am talking about THIS LIFE. I can show you plenty that Christians did to fu** the world up, but you can't show me one thing you guys did that made life better that couldn't have been achieved through secular means.

Well put.
I get what you say, for 12m now.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Well put.
I get what you say, for 12m now.
So do you believe in Jesus when he said divorce is a sin and you will end up in hell if you do that?

How can a ****** divorce be a sin mate if it's mutually agreed?????

Do you believe in Jesus when he said do not make friends with unbelievers cause they are evil?

Yes or no answer will do, thanks

Gbonl

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne

His creation didnt really go according to his plan did it? fancy that for an all knowing omnipotence, he really f’ed up big time. Maybe he shouldn't have created?

Perfect sense, hey?

Evil indeed!

Many reasons. He realised he f’ed up big time in the OT. He came to tell people he isn't as bad.

And lastly VD has how christianity benefited us mankind that wouldn't have benefitted through secular means? i am not talking about sin and afterlife, i am talking about THIS LIFE. I can show you plenty that Christians did to fu** the world up, but you can't show me one thing you guys did that made life better that couldn't have been achieved through secular means.

Isaiah 55
New International Version
Invitation to the Thirsty

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

More people died in Atheist wars last century, than the previous 1800 years.

The more people turn their backs on God, the more fixated they become with this physical realm. Technology advances, but look who has first dibs on any new patents - the military and used for what - warfare.

Ignoring Jesus - the way , the truth and the life, is beyond foolish and I pray that you come back to team Christ, you do know how the book ends.

I did say I was done here, but the dialog does deepen my faith and blessings flow from engaging in your diatribe.

You remind me of Saul - before He became Paul and that is why you hate him so much.

Vdub you’re a very patient person and God bless you, but please remember what happened to the last person who agreed with a serpent.

So do you believe in Jesus when he said divorce is a sin and you will end up in hell if you do that?

How can a ****** divorce be a sin mate if it's mutually agreed?????

Do you believe in Jesus when he said do not make friends with unbelievers cause they are evil?

Yes or no answer will do, thanks
Completely out of context bro.
I believe in what Jesus has done in lives of billions of people, and I am not hamstrung by out of context snippets that you manage to itemise.
As Jerry Maguire said, show me the money, ie get the whole verse and its context out there. You can not read the Bible the way you do, and hope to be edified by it. Wrong attitude, wrong intent.

Isaiah 55

declares the Lord.

The more people turn their backs on God, the more fixated they become with this physical realm. Technology advances, but look who has first dibs on any new patents - the military and used for what - warfare.

Ignoring Jesus - the way , the truth and the life, is beyond foolish and I pray that you come back to team Christ, you do know how the book ends.

I did say I was done here, but the dialog does deepen my faith and blessings flow from engaging in your diatribe.

You remind me of Saul - before He became Paul and that is why you hate him so much.

Vdub you’re a very patient person and God bless you, but please remember what happened to the last person who agreed with a serpent.
That is certainly the best post I have read in this thread.
I have said the same thing about TP and Paul analogy.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Completely out of context bro.
I believe in what Jesus has done in lives of billions of people, and I am not hamstrung by out of context snippets that you manage to itemise.
As Jerry Maguire said, show me the money, ie get the whole verse and its context out there. You can not read the Bible the way you do, and hope to be edified by it. Wrong attitude, wrong intent.

What exactly is out of context? why don;t you ever answer my question? these are his own words, is divorce a sin? yes or no?

What exactly is out of context? why don;t you ever answer my question? these are his own words, is divorce a sin? yes or no?
Why don't you produce your "EVIDENCE" like I asked you?

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Why don't you produce your "EVIDENCE" like I asked you?
Since you don't understand more than 3 words put together like other christians, let me help you with a meme

180875734_4235806226506204_6391722165037206582_n.png

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal

I deliberately stopped myself from replying those bloke above, he said Jesus appeared in front of him after i made a post about Christianity. Do you believe him? i can reply to his nonsenscial comments, but i dont wish to waste my time. He doesn't undersand what enlightenment is, despite spending 10 years as a yogi, he doesn't understand what meditation is, i caught him out in the last post, the bloke is a pathological liar.

Best post in the thread lol some standards you have. Where do i start with him? the verse he quoted proves what i said all along, i am right, it's impossible to know, what are God's ways and how does his mind work? Jesus, well....you don't even believe in him. Do you think you are going to hell for divorce and marrying someone else? i am sure you don't...no one in their right sense of mind does. What about, going to hell for washing your hands before meal?? you don't. Jesus said lots of **** things as well and affirmed the brutal YWH many times. Doesn't scream perfection to me, at all.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Isaiah 55

declares the Lord.
You have kicked it out on the full, no wonder Vdubs gave it a like, another one who doesn't know their Bible. Go back a couple of verses before this.

Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; 7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Is 55:6-9)

The Lord’s thoughts and ways are contrasted to the thoughts and ways of the wicked, not the righteous. God is not telling believers that they can’t understand his thoughts and ways, but rather he is telling unbelievers that His thoughts and ways are superior to their evil thoughts and evil ways. He implores them to abandon their evil thoughts and ways. And to what would they turn if they abandon their own thoughts and ways? They would turn to YHWH’s thoughts and ways. So this passage is not teaching divine incomprehensibility, but rather the superiority of the righteous thoughts/ways of God to the unrighteous thoughts/ways of sinners.

Horrendous argument, probably the worst in this thread.

The dictators in the past 200 years, or at least attempted to replace, religion with another *de facto* religion: the worship of the State and/or its leading figure. The mere idea of worship belongs to religious behaviour and certainly not with atheism, which is basically a lack of belief in deities.

In the USSR in particular, the propaganda aimed to impress already superstitious farmers and turn them from one God (the Russian Orthodox perception of the Abrahamic God) towards the figure of Joseph Stalin. To take on your quote:

"We fight against God to snatch believers from him"

Stalin wanted to replace the faith in god with the faith in him. He did not want atheism, he wanted to be the focus of worship himself.

Similarly Hitler, was a Catholic, whose roots lie in the Bible where he got his ant-semitism from, but similar ideology, worship of the Nazi ideology and worship him, that's why the name 'Fuhrer'.

Your argument is flawed because they did not want to establish a culture without worship but they wanted to establish one where they (or their ideology) gets worshiped and believed on blind faith instead of believing a religious doctrine on blind faith.

READ YOUR ******* BIBLE... i keep telling Vdubs this, you pluck a verse out of thin air without reading the full chapter as if to make a point, when there's none.

Last edited:
Since you don't understand more than 3 words put together like other christians, let me help you with a meme

View attachment 1118792
Even those verses you semiquoted are nothing like the drivel you come out with in your posts. And that caption is not an accurate representation of what the scripture says. You are the hypocrite here. You laud yourself over and over, yet what you bring up about scripture is half-baked and misrepresents the truth.

Sadly, there are those that continue to insist that the post-Cross Church are still required to adhere to the pre-Cross Law.. but this is not what the Bible teaches. Adherence to the requirements of the indivisible Mosaic Law, with its hundreds of commands and annual sacrifices to atone for sin, until the arrival of Jesus, is not what the New Testament teaches Church age believers. We are saved by grace - though faith in Jesus, We are no longer under the Law but under Grace.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Even those verses you semiquoted are nothing like the drivel you come out with in your posts. And that caption is not an accurate representation of what the scripture says. You are the hypocrite here. You laud yourself over and over, yet what you bring up about scripture is half-baked and misrepresents the truth.

Sadly, there are those that continue to insist that the post-Cross Church are still required to adhere to the pre-Cross Law.. but this is not what the Bible teaches. Adherence to the requirements of the indivisible Mosaic Law, with its hundreds of commands and annual sacrifices to atone for sin, until the arrival of Jesus, is not what the New Testament teaches Church age believers. We are saved by grace - though faith in Jesus, We are no longer under the Law but under Grace.

Do tell what is different? i will be waiting, this is not MOSIAC law, You are confused between Mosiac law and what Jesus said, Mosiac law says you can divorce your wife if 1. you find out she is not a virgin 2. She had sex with other men 3. utters vile words etc etc. Jesus said it's completely illegal to divorce your wife (unless they have cheated on each other)! PLEASE READ YOUR OWN BIBLE... FFS!!!

You wonder why i make fun of you believers? not cause you are utterly gullible (yeah that's not funny actually), it's mostly cause you don't know your Bible, Mosiac laws for divorce and what Mark states here are quite different. The fact that your mate above didn't know what he quoted and you don't know what Mosiac law is and how is it different to what Jesus said shows this, i would say this is exhibit 1494884 which shows you are utterly clueless about your own book. Should i set up a Zoom call only to educate you about the OT vs NT? i can do that, for free...i am a nice guy lol

Mark 10:7-12

7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[a] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[b] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

AND here

Matthew 19:8
Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because of your hardness of heart; but it was not this way from the beginning. 9Now I tell you that whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman, commits adultery.” 10His disciples said to Him, “If this is the case between a man and his wife, it is better not to marry.

The definition of adultery changed but the punishment did not, the punishment for breaking the laws are specified in OT. Jesus didn't come to override these 'rules' he came to fulfill, aka differentiate between rules applied to Israelis vs Christians. The punishments STILL apply, only the criteria changed. Jesus spoke about what will happen if you don;t obey him, do you want me to spell it for you? or maybe read the Bible?

You have a lot to learn about your book.

Last edited:
I deliberately stopped myself from replying those bloke above, he said Jesus appeared in front of him after i made a post about Christianity. Do you believe him? i can reply to his nonsenscial comments, but i dont wish to waste my time. He doesn't undersand what enlightenment is, despite spending 10 years as a yogi, he doesn't understand what meditation is, i caught him out in the last post, the bloke is a pathological liar.

Best post in the thread lol some standards you have. Where do i start with him? the verse he quoted proves what i said all along, i am right, it's impossible to know, what are God's ways and how does his mind work? Jesus, well....you don't even believe in him. Do you think you are going to hell for divorce and marrying someone else? i am sure you don't...no one in their right sense of mind does. What about, going to hell for washing your hands before meal?? you don't. Jesus said lots of **** things as well and affirmed the brutal YWH many times. Doesn't scream perfection to me, at all.
You seriously are a sad case. I feel for your lostness. Reading your rants is a confirmation to me how lost you are, and sadly, we are not getting through to you. Jesus said nothing about hell, just a reminder that sin is what separates a saved person,or any person, from proper fellowship with God, until he confesses his unrighteousness.

Regarding adultery,
According to the gospels, Jesus quoted the book of Genesis regarding the divine origin of the marriage relationship, concluding, "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, no man must separate.” Jesus dismissed expedient provisions allowing for divorce for nearly any reason, and cited sexual immorality (a breaking of the marriage covenant) as the only reason why a person may divorce without committing adultery. The Apostle Paul similarly taught . So what is your issue about adultery? It is one of the 10 Commandments.
What did Jesus say to those accusing the woman of adultery? Let him who is without blame throw the first stone. Nobody did. He said to her, go and sin no more.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
You seriously are a sad case. I feel for your lostness. Reading your rants is a confirmation to me how lost you are, and sadly, we are not getting through to you. Jesus said nothing about hell, just a reminder that sin is what separates a saved person,or any person, from proper fellowship with God, until he confesses his unrighteousness.

Regarding adultery,
According to the gospels, Jesus quoted the book of Genesis regarding the divine origin of the marriage relationship, concluding, "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, no man must separate.” Jesus dismissed expedient provisions allowing for divorce for nearly any reason, and cited sexual immorality (a breaking of the marriage covenant) as the only reason why a person may divorce without committing adultery. The Apostle Paul similarly taught . So what is your issue about adultery? It is one of the 10 Commandments.
What did Jesus say to those accusing the woman of adultery? Let him who is without blame throw the first stone. Nobody did. He said to her, go and sin no more. jesus

Another swing and a miss. Your first para shows you are a defeated parrot, repeating the same lines over and over again as if anyone but morons will buy your snake oil. Christianity is on the decline for a reason, your snake oil formula is out in public. Anyway....

You really don't read anything i post.You blindly copy paste from an apologist website without reading up on the context of the verse. This verse SHOULD NOT BE IN THE BIBLE, this is not in the original manuscript. This is not an original quote from Jesus but put in by the church fathers to soften the stance of the barbaric deity YWH was, that AFTER Augustine wrote about Original Sin. Even Christian scholars agree:

even Bible.org recognises this but not you parrot

For a long time, biblical scholars have recognized the poor textual credentials of the story of the woman caught in adultery (John 7:53–8:11). The evidence against its authenticity is overwhelming: The earliest manuscripts with substantial portions of John’s Gospel (P66 and P75) lack these verses. They skip from John 7:52 to 8:12. The oldest large codices of the Bible also lack these verses:

Secondly, even if you are right, Jesus is now asking people not to judge. It's upto God to judge, this is why James wrote that if you break the rules that God has given us, you will be punished, since we are sinners, we can't judge another sinner.

Adultery is a sin and sins are punished, not by human, but by Gods. Now you are telling me adultery is not a sin and should not be punished? So rape is not punished then? how about pedophilia? are they not adultery? homosexuality? mentioned over 100 times in the OT and NT how God sees adultery.

You really are not capable of understanding anything including your Bible, just like your mate above who picked a random verse to prove a point but forgot to read what's before that.

So now what you are telling me, adultery is no longer a sin? Tell me VD do you believe divorce and marrying someone else an adultery like rape?

Typing the same s**t about how people are lost to defend your illogical and purely dumb faith is not going to save you from this, i am not here to convert you, i am here to show you how gullible you are.

Lastly, Jesus said nothing about hell, really? do you want me to show you what he said to people will happen if you don;t obey God?

You are the proof that Christian don't know their Bible. The Bible is barely the word of Jesus, as you proved, you don't even care what is and isn't as long as it satisfies your ego. Well so be it, i am all for you sleeping well at night.

Last edited:
Another swing and a miss. Your first para shows you are a defeated parrot, repeating the same lines over and over again as if anyone but morons will buy your snake oil. Christianity is on the decline for a reason, your snake oil formula is out in public. Anyway....

You really don't read anything i post.You blindly copy paste from an apologist website without reading up on the context of the verse. This verse SHOULD NOT BE IN THE BIBLE, this is not in the original manuscript. This is not an original quote from Jesus but put in by the church fathers to soften the stance of the barbaric deity YWH was, that AFTER Augustine wrote about Original Sin. Even Christian scholars agree:

even Bible.org recognises this but not you parrot

For a long time, biblical scholars have recognized the poor textual credentials of the story of the woman caught in adultery (John 7:53–8:11). The evidence against its authenticity is overwhelming: The earliest manuscripts with substantial portions of John’s Gospel (P66 and P75) lack these verses. They skip from John 7:52 to 8:12. The oldest large codices of the Bible also lack these verses:

Secondly, even if you are right, Jesus is now asking people not to judge. It's upto God to judge, this is why James wrote that if you break the rules that God has given us, you will be punished, since we are sinners, we can't judge another sinner.

Adultery is a sin and sins are punished, not by human, but by Gods. Now you are telling me adultery is not a sin and should not be punished? So rape is not punished then? how about pedophilia? are they not adultery? homosexuality? mentioned over 100 times in the OT and NT how God sees adultery.

You really are not capable of understanding anything including your Bible, just like your mate above who picked a random verse to prove a point but forgot to read what's before that.

So now what you are telling me, adultery is no longer a sin? Tell me VD do you believe divorce and marrying someone else an adultery like rape?

Typing the same sh*t about how people are lost to defend your illogical and purely dumb faith is not going to save you from this, i am not here to convert you, i am here to show you how gullible you are.

Lastly, Jesus said nothing about hell, really? do you want me to show you what he said to people will happen if you don;t obey God?

You are the proof that Christian don't know their Bible. The Bible is barely the word of Jesus, as you proved, you don't even care what is and isn't as long as it satisfies your ego. Well so be it, i am all for you sleeping well at night.
I don't know my Bible like Jesus did, never will, but I have a much healthier knowledge of it than you do.
Looking forward to your next sin of the week, and hopefully it is again 1 of the 10 Commandments. Best thing here is you are reading the Word. Even if your motives are dubious, Saul.

Gbonl

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Thanks you are kind and yes if Jesus could turn Paul around there is hope for all of us.

Gbonl

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Oh but you did reply and will get to you in a moment, you lack comprehension, I never claimed Jesus appeared to me, I simply got a 3-5 second glimpse of the spiritual realm.

Surely you have some spiritual visions you could share from your mediations?

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
I don't know my Bible like Jesus did, never will, but I have a much healthier knowledge of it than you do.
Looking forward to your next sin of the week, and hopefully it is again 1 of the 10 Commandments. Best thing here is you are reading the Word. Even if your motives are dubious, Saul.

So you decided to have a go at me AGAIN, instead of the content of my post? you apparently know so much more about the Bible than i do, but you never seem to argue against me, except , lost soul, you are searching, repent and other 2nd hand car salesmen tagline. You are absolutely fooling no one.

Again, all you have done is duck from answering my question, can you please answer my question, is divorce and re-marriage an adultery? yes or no will do.

Even if you are right about your verse you are still wrong, Jesus said sinners can't judge or punish for sins, god can. How many times will you be wrong in this thread VD?

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Oh but you did reply and will get to you in a moment, you lack comprehension, I never claimed Jesus appeared to me, I simply got a 3-5 second glimpse of the spiritual realm.

Surely you have some spiritual visions you could share from your mediations?

Yeah he gave you a vision, after my chat on bigfooty, i am Jesus.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
God did not need to create us to benefit Himself; He was complete anyway. You questioning the Creator all the time as if you've worked it all out IS the height of arrogance, and if not, it's very naive. If God is malevolent as you have accused Him of, why Jesus? Why send himself in human form for our benefit? He consistently has given us the way to make peace with Him, but you want to harp on about OT descriptions of His power and dealings with stubborn, sinful, recalcitrant people.

What nonsense

Gbonl

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You have kicked it out on the full, no wonder Vdubs gave it a like, another one who doesn't know their Bible. Go back a couple of verses before this.

Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; 7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Is 55:6-9)

The Lord’s thoughts and ways are contrasted to the thoughts and ways of the wicked, not the righteous. God is not telling believers that they can’t understand his thoughts and ways, but rather he is telling unbelievers that His thoughts and ways are superior to their evil thoughts and evil ways. He implores them to abandon their evil thoughts and ways. And to what would they turn if they abandon their own thoughts and ways? They would turn to YHWH’s thoughts and ways. So this passage is not teaching divine incomprehensibility, but rather the superiority of the righteous thoughts/ways of God to the unrighteous thoughts/ways

READ YOUR ******* BIBLE... i keep telling Vdubs this, you pluck a verse out of thin air without reading the full chapter as if to make a point, when there's none.

Well you’ve kicked a home goal. In a few posts above you were saying how evil God is and how His fruit stinks. Are you an atheist or agnostic?

The Isaiah 55 verse I quoted states that Gods ways are higher, a believer sits in faith and barely grasps Gods Grace or ways, what chance does an unbeliever have of grasping Gods ways, the creator of all you can and can’t see. Many posters in this thread have tried and most end up declaring there is no God.

You proved my point

How did something come from nothing?

No one on earth can create a cow, a blade of grass, an apple from nothing.

All non-believers show me one case of a created object being created in a lab that will self sustain and reproduce?

You disrespect the air we breath, the sun shining on a beautiful day, snow capped mountains, every day is a miracle.

I do read the Bible and apply it to my life, maybe you should start doing the same.

Gbonl

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Horrendous argument, probably the worst in this thread.

The dictators in the past 200 years, or at least attempted to replace, religion with another *de facto* religion: the worship of the State and/or its leading figure. The mere idea of worship belongs to religious behaviour and certainly not with atheism, which is basically a lack of belief in deities.

In the USSR in particular, the propaganda aimed to impress already superstitious farmers and turn them from one God (the Russian Orthodox perception of the Abrahamic God) towards the figure of Joseph Stalin. To take on your quote:

"We fight against God to snatch believers from him"

Stalin wanted to replace the faith in god with the faith in him. He did not want atheism, he wanted to be the focus of worship himself.

Similarly Hitler, was a Catholic, whose roots lie in the Bible where he got his ant-semitism from, but similar ideology, worship of the Nazi ideology and worship him, that's why the name 'Fuhrer'.

Your argument is flawed because they did not want to establish a culture without worship but they wanted to establish one where they (or their ideology) gets worshiped and believed on blind faith instead of believing a religious doctrine on blind faith.

Did more people die last century in atheist wars, Stalin/Hitler certainly weren’t Christians, than the previous 1800 years?

Yes that is the point I am making, take away Jesus/God and counterfeit gods/dictators take there place.

We are born to worship, choose very wisely.

You think you refute my points, when you in fact reinforce them, so thanks again.

Well you’ve kicked a home goal. In a few posts above you were saying how evil God is and how His fruit stinks. Are you an atheist or agnostic?

The Isaiah 55 verse I quoted states that Gods ways are higher, a believer sits in faith and barely grasps Gods Grace or ways, what chance does an unbeliever have of grasping Gods ways, the creator of all you can and can’t see. Many posters in this thread have tried and most end up declaring there is no God.

You proved my point

How did something come from nothing?

No one on earth can create a cow, a blade of grass, an apple from nothing.

All non-believers show me one case of a created object being created in a lab that will self sustain and reproduce?

You disrespect the air we breath, the sun shining on a beautiful day, snow capped mountains, every day is a miracle.

I do read the Bible and apply it to my life, maybe you should start doing the same.
Absolutely.
Wait until Roy comes up with his retorts.
With all our science and technology, nobody can do what God has done, plus he allows "progress" and free will.
What we are living through now is a message in many ways.
What younposted the other day was profound.
I hope they read it again.
Isaiah 55

declares the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back