Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows, perhaps the final year or two have some performance clauses or triggers that might affect the total amount of the contract that year.

The salary cap gets renegotiated next year, by that time I think the amount we are paying him will look far better... If you're going to lock anyone into a 7 year deal, just before a cap increase would be the time to do it.

The salary cap gets renegotiated next year, by that time I think the amount we are paying him will look far better... If you're going to lock anyone into a 7 year deal, before the cap increase would be the time to do it?
Inb4 salary cap get slashed due to covid super mutation causing a 3rd wave.

Inb4 salary cap get slashed due to covid super mutation causes 3rd wave.

There is no way the PA signs off on a 5 year deal as per usual if that is the case.

There is no way the PA signs off on a 5 year deal as per usual if that is the case.

Just like in the simpsons they get offered a monthly keg in exchange.

"So long dental plan!" - Patrick Dangerfield

Just like in the simpsons they get offered a monthly keg in exchange.

"So long dental plan!" - Patrick Dangerfield

Lisa needs braces, DENTAL PLAN , Lisa needs braces, DENTAL PLAN

The salary cap gets renegotiated next year, by that time I think the amount we are paying him will look far better... If you're going to lock anyone into a 7 year deal, just before a cap increase would be the time to do it.
Nek minnit, Covid strikes again and the salary cap is halved and we have to trade Rivers, Kozzie and Jackson. We then redraft Terlich, Magner and bring Watts out of retirement to fill our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nek minnit, Covid strikes again and the salary cap is halved and we have to trade Rivers, Kozzie and Jackson. We then redraft Terlich, Magner and bring Watts out of retirement to fill our list.

Too late to the party mate, Bluelegs stole your thunder. :(

No really, My pants exploded and now I think I've got some damage around the crotch area.
Screen_Shot_2021-03-18_at_11.50.15_AM.png

$6mil over 7 but I suspect there will be a fair opportunity to salary dump in 2022-23 as well.

Huge deal. Onya Trac

Wait yeah, if this is under 1mil a season we just committed highway robbery like wtf. Nobody would bat an eyelid if Tracc was the highest paid player in the game at 1.3-1.5 mil a year. I think we might have cash left over to chase Josh Kelly now. I'm getting excited again. I can see it now.

Gawn down to Oliver, hands to Jordon, hands it to Petracca, Petracca runs 10m, hits the short kick to Kelly at the edge of the 50, 45 degree angle. Kelly picks out Jackson who takes a soaring mark over the pack 20m out directly in front and kicks truly after the siren to win the 2022 flag over the Gold Coast Suns. Back to Back for the Demons!

Thing with Trac is that if he loses his pace or explosiveness in tight, he would make a mighty fine lead up forward. Great shout for mine. Love it.

Both signed for unders aswell. Carrying Harmes for 2 years on 300k is no where near as dangerous as carrying anyone for 1 million a season.

Harmes isn't on 300k. Would be at least 400k.

Kinda convoluted my argument but ok.
My point was the club was slammed for similar deals for Harmes and Viney.
For good reason, particularly re Harmes.

Trac is in a different tier to those two. Any club would have done this deal. Most would have paid more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back