EPL Matchday 34

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting rid of Woodward should be seen as a massive win at this stage for MUFC fans.

If the Glazers can actually a point a competent replacement for him, things may be on the up for United.

Ole has done a really good job getting them 2nd in the league to arguably one of the best Premier League/English teams in history (City will win the Champions League) and probably favourites to win the Europa League.

Strikes me as an outsider observer that the European Super League Misfire aside, things at MUFC are a lot brighter than they have been in years.

The unprecedented and glorious era of SAF is gone and is nigh on impossible to ever been seen again.

As I say before, good luck to the protestors who 'want their club back' but ultimately I think it will a futile exercise.

Well if it works in the end (forcing the Glazers to sell) fine, the rest of the league shouldn't be put on hold because one group of supporters is angry with their current ownership.

The danger is The FA getting fed up of the antics of the protestors invading Old Trafford and docking Man U of enough points to disqualify The Red Devils for Champions League next season.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but that remains a possibility.
This would actually be great. Could be the move that would make the Glazers sell. Less revenue, angry sponsors, fan protests actually having a sustained impact on and off the pitch = less revenue for those campaigners to steal = Sell up

I don't think you actually understand the issue. It's not about spending, it's about what they have taken out of the club, it's one billion and counting whilst still keeping the club in debt. They use United purely as a cash-cow.

The ESL was the final straw, and they rightfully protested it at a moment where the whole world was awaiting one of the games biggest fixtures.
Which is why up to ESL I have never understood fan discontent at our owners. They've never really taken money out of the club for their own use.
All they ever did was not spend it all on the team, and use some to upgrade training/playing facilities.

I agree by in the large with the protests. Obviously idiots breaking into the stadium is unacceptable but that was only a small minority.
Its gonna hurt us for CL spots. As were gonna have to squeeze it in between fixtures now. Might be like a two day break between games. So less rest, harder to win.

I support the message behind Man United's protest. Obviously damaging stuff in the stadium and throwing stuff at police isn't the way to go though. Wish our supporters would be outside the ground of a home game chanting FSGOUT though.
Yeah i support the protest. But when it turned into throwing stuff at police and damagin property and gaining access to the ground. Thats all not on. Stupid s**t by the Utd fans.

Do people realise that staff let the protesters into the ground. They ******* hate the Glazers too.

May 16th is the next protest apparently. Give Liverpool the 3 points for all I care. I hope the game is rescheduled and the fans protest again forcing another postponement. Peaceful protests don't work. This is the only option left really.
Play it at a neutral ground I think is the answer. As I think they will just keep protesting if it's at OT.

Yes they did, the fans have had enough, of course you get some dickheads taking it to far but if this is what’s required to get the glazers out then I’m all for it.
It wasnt one or two dickheads though, there was hundreds of them. Storming into the ground, breaking s**t, lobbing stuff at police. What does any of that achieve. Just stupidity by the fans. The msg is right but do it the right way.

Last edited:
Yes they did, the fans have had enough, of course you get some dickheads taking it to far but if this is what’s required to get the glazers out then I’m all for it.

So you are condoning possible damage to the Stadium and injuries to ground staff, police officers and horses in the very remote chance it would convince The Glazers to sell? 🤔🤔🤔

Millwall United ???

Scousers mustn’t know how to protest. Far too civilised bunch. Loitering through bins and stuff ;)

Then again they are polite. They answer PM’s unlike mancs :mad: 😭

It wasnt one or two dickheads though, their was hundreds of them. Storming into the ground, breaking sh*t, lobbing stuff at police. What does any of that achieve. Just stupidity by the fans. The msg is right but do it the right way.
The fans surrounded the Lowry hotel so the bus couldn't leave the ground. Not sure a neutral venue will solve this haha. The bolded is rubbish too haha

So you are condoning possible damage to the Stadium and injuries to ground staff, police officers and horses in the very remote chance it would convince The Glazers to sell? 🤔🤔🤔

Millwall United ???
You've never been to Old Trafford. The joint is falling apart. As Andy Mitten said this morning, nobody would be able to tell if damage had been done by protesters or it was just s**t falling off the stadium. The bolded is crap by the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've never been to Old Trafford. The joint is falling apart. As Andy Mitten said this morning, nobody would be able to tell if damage had been done by protesters or it was just sh*t falling off the stadium. The bolded is crap by the way.

I will take your word for it. When was the last time you have been there btw ?
Hypothetically speaking, if MUFC were to get new Billionaire owners, would you and most United supporters favour Old Trafford being rebuilt/renovated or move to a new state of the art stadium.

Never knew how run down Old Trafford is these days to be fair.

I will take your word for it. When was the last time you have been there btw ?
Hypothetically speaking, if MUFC were to get new Billionaire owners, would you and most United supporters favour Old Trafford being rebuilt/renovated or move to a new state of the art stadium.

Never knew how run down Old Trafford is these days to be fair.
November 2019. Lots of people talk about Billionaire owners but United don't need one. We make more money organically that anybody outside of Madrid and Barca. We just can't afford to fix up Old Trafford and buy the right players, invest in the academy, etc whilst having £100m+ taken out of the club in interest costs, debt refinancing costs and dividends every year.

No need or will to move stadiums.

The dream would be for the Glazers to float the entire 'company' or 50.1% (with voting rights) on the stock exchange. Fan Ownership.

Old Trafford has been a.shithole for two decades fwiw.

I don't care about people breaking into the stadium, you're not going to get things changed by sitting outside the ground and singing kumbaya. And 15 years of passive protests at United have achieved the square root of * all so far.

I do think if genuine change has got to happen it can't be United supporters against United, Spurs supporters against Spurs etc. Its got to be football supporters as a collective throwing aside biases and rivalries and supporting each other to get football back in a state where they have some control.

Old Trafford has been a.shithole for two decades fwiw.

I don't care about people breaking into the stadium, you're not going to get things changed by sitting outside the ground and singing kumbaya. And 15 years of passive protests at United have achieved the square root of fu** all so far.

I do think if genuine change has got to happen it can't be United supporters against United, Spurs supporters against Spurs etc. Its got to be football supporters as a collective throwing aside biases and rivalries and supporting each other to get football back in a state where they have some control.
The club recently spent £20m on the stadium but that is like putting a bandaid on gun shot wound. Before the recent spend, the Glazers hadn't allowed any money to be spent on Old Trafford since 2006. Hopefully they fixed the roof which was leaking in areas when I was last in the ground.

Totally agree with the bolded. It is frustrating when people say that passive protests are the way forward and I see dickheads in the media with no idea commenting and making out that the fans are the bad guys. Most people don't understand that this is a last resort for the fans and that's why they are doing it. It would be nice if fans of all clubs came together in a group action but I think there is too much tribalism for that. The Glazers and other arsehole owners need to be forced out. They won't let go with out a fight.

Think I read somewhere a while ago that the fit and proper owner test (which is a joke btw) is run every season. Wonder if there is a chance that they could pin the ESL on the Glazers and say they aren't fit and proper owners and make them sell. Reading that back it is probably very wishful thinking though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back