Petracca signs until the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

I love one club players, but hesitant on 8 year deals. If it was my club I'd prefer a 5/6 then maybe a 2 year past that and then review yearly. It all goes well until it doesn't, who knows what things look like when he's 30+?

Still fantastic that they've locked him in and he'll be a Demon for life. Seems like it didn't cost them an exorbitant amount either.

He's a gun and they had to do it, but that's a long contract for someone that has done an ACL in the past and explosiveness is a big part of his game. Culd be finished halfway through that contract.

If he loses pace down the track, just put him deep forward and play the Stevie J type role.

Can't believe some of the responses on here. Take a look at the terms, we've clearly gone for a longer term deal on less dollars, who knows what the salary cap will look like in 3 years let alone 8? Absolutely stoked with this, first Oliver, then Salem now Petracca and he's signed a year early to boot so the club doesn't have to deal with any "will he, won't he" BS. Didn't want to eat up too much cap either, this guy wants flags and knows holding the club to ransom to get the biggest contract possible will not help that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe some of the responses on here. Take a look at the terms, we've clearly gone for a longer term deal on less dollars, who knows what the salary cap will look like in 3 years let alone 8? Absolutely stoked with this, first Oliver, then Salem now Petracca and he's signed a year early to boot so the club doesn't have to deal with any "will he, won't he" BS. Didn't want to eat up too much cap either, this guy wants flags and knows holding the club to ransom to get the biggest contract possible will not help that.
Don't think anyone's inferring it's a bad deal for Melbourne in any way shape or form. Petracca could've backed himself in for a shorter deal to get more dollars but your last line is probably in line with his thinking anyway. Too many players hold their club to ransom **cough, Grundy, Cognilio, Kelly, Ablett cough** to the detriment of team success.

Personally I like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back