Fremantle Under Longmuir

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Was anyone a little concerned with Longmuir's demeanor in the coach's box yesterday?

Facepalming, eye rolling, big sighs... not a good look

Followed up by possibly the worst press conference

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Walters and Fyfe aside, Fremantle lack quality senior players at the top that can complement their young core.
David Mundy is in AA form and many including myself thought he was done a couple of years ago

He is leading from the front on and off the field this year!

PurpleHornet

Senior List
May 9, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was anyone a little concerned with Longmuir's demeanor in the coach's box yesterday?

Facepalming, eye rolling, big sighs... not a good look

Followed up by possibly the worst press conference
Yes.

I honestly think he is the right man for the job at the moment and is on the right track but he was outcoached on Sunday and the presser was poor.

I hope he is giving our boys the same rocket this week Simmo gave yours last week.

PurpleHornet

Senior List
May 9, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
What was wrong with his press conference?
I've just watched it again - 'Poor' might not be the right choice of words - it was more underwhelming than anything else. He described the performance as 'disappointing.' No - it was completely unacceptable and I would have preferred it if he had labelled it as such.

Simpson didn't pull any punches last week in his presser. I know it is a big step to berate your team or individual players publicly but that performance deserved it.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've just watched it again - 'Poor' might not be the right choice of words - it was more underwhelming than anything else. He described the performance as 'disappointing.' No - it was completely unacceptable and I would have preferred it if he had labelled it as such.

Simpson didn't pull any punches last week in his presser. I know it is a big step to berate your team or individual players publicly but that performance deserved it.
We were bad, but not WC at KP bad. Especially not after the Saints game two weeks earlier. Expect stronger language when we next put that up.

Also, there is literally nothing a coach can say that will placate fans (beyond possibly resigning on the spot) after getting smashed like that. All I listen for is whether or not they seem to know why it happened. At least then there is hope they can fix it. Everything else is a waste of time.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers

He just looked shattered to me. Same with the Fyfe interview. They're both obviously frustrated at the performance.

Simpson in an entirely different situation. Eagles are still in Premiership window and losses like last week are pretty major. Freo are building, losses like last weekend shouldn't surprise us. Eagles had 7 All Australians on Sunday.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Shocking performance by Freo, absolutely deplorable.
They should be in the spotlight instead of Collingwood. How can your turn your toes up every derby especially when they are severely depleted?
It's because our players don't care about it anymore. The derby isn't a significant rivalry now, they've got no reason to give a s**t unfortunately.

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
He just looked shattered to me. Same with the Fyfe interview. They're both obviously frustrated at the performance.

Simpson in an entirely different situation. Eagles are still in Premiership window and losses like last week are pretty major. Freo are building, losses like last weekend shouldn't surprise us. Eagles had 7 All Australians on Sunday.
On the flipside, is it any different than the eagles capitulation v St Kilda and Geelong.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
We were bad, but not WC at KP bad. Especially not after the Saints game two weeks earlier. Expect stronger language when we next put that up.

Also, there is literally nothing a coach can say that will placate fans (beyond possibly resigning on the spot) after getting smashed like that. All I listen for is whether or not they seem to know why it happened. At least then there is hope they can fix it. Everything else is a waste of time.

Spot

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
They should be in the spotlight instead of Collingwood. How can your turn your toes up every derby especially when they are severely depleted?
I agree there should be some examination of why Freo were so bad, but you're not seeing the obvious differences between Freo and Collingwood.

Collingwood are 1-6 with a coach who has been at the club for a decade and the perception is that things are falling apart.
Fremantle are 4-3 with a coach in his second year and the perception that things are getting better.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
The 1st half wasnt too bad. It was the 2nd half that was garbage. Saying that, west coast are a major step up from freos last 2 opponents in North and Crows.

The only positives that came out of it was playing a few kids and kicking 11 goals.

I mean its still not as bad as kicking 2.19.31 a couple of years back or kick only 3 goals vs Geelong back in late 2018.

Not even going to use injuries to our tall defenders as an excuse.

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree there should be some examination of why Freo were so bad, but you're not seeing the obvious differences between Freo and Collingwood.

Collingwood are 1-6 with a coach who has been at the club for a decade and the perception is that things are falling apart.
Fremantle are 4-3 with a coach in his second year and the perception that things are getting better.

Spot on Willo , happy to do a swap, happy to take Longmuir as our coach, you guys can have Bucks, you happy with that ? good, where do we sign !

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers

We're pretty depleted ourselves, we just don't have a whole state's media acting as our personal PR dept making a big deal about it.

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
We're pretty depleted ourselves, we just don't have a whole state's media acting as our personal PR dept making a big deal about it.

What does get said about you guys over there?
I do get Collingwood and the reason they are in the media but it’s been 6 months. I know and knew they would be garbage this year, I’m over hearing about them.
I expected better from Freo especially last week.

Shannon M

All Australian
Feb 1, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bit of Mark Harvey about this bloke.

The deer in the headlights look he gets, speaks very, very slooooowly, team getting belted off the park.

You look at Fremantle's list and you have to say they're looking at 10 years going nowhere.

BigAlpha3

Senior List
Aug 16, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bucks, Crystal Palace
Bit of Mark Harvey about this bloke.

The deer in the headlights look he gets, speaks very, very slooooowly, team getting belted off the park.

You look at Fremantle's list and you have to say they're looking at 10 years going nowhere.

Not sure what list you’re looking at mate there is enough talent to actually achieve something yet the bigger issue is putting it all together. Call me an idiot but freo’s list is good rather they just haven’t been able to put it together. Hell in 2019 freo were 6th after 13 rounds (higher than Richmond with a much better percentage- yes there is reasons that Richmond were struggling to start that season) however injuries destroyed us in the end that season like normal tbh but not the only issue.. and s**t I thought we were trending top 4 for a bit there. Jonno brown called us the best team in WA and s**t went south from there. Point is if u or anyone else can’t see potential in this freo team ur delusional. There has been times in the past where the team has been so close to turning it around yet once more failing.

Ultimately the question should come if Longmuir is the right coach as this team should really be a inspiring finalist by now. s**t like what we dished up on the weekend is inexcusable but not a true reflection on the talent that this team has- Honestly freos team on the weekend is more talented then that of the team that the cross town rivals played with, hence why many thought we would win. I wasn’t one of those people FYI why would u seriously think freo would beat west coast (11 in a row fml). If the team can’t flip the switch in the next year and a half then we shall be able access JLos tenure and the rebuild likely as a failure.

Rebuilds f****** suck

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back