Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
This is why I started the year with him at D3. Ownership 0.8%

fu** you Tommy Hawkins.
Concussion in PS game from memory had him all but ruled out for Rnd1 which is why his ownership would have been 0.8%. Would still have been low ownership without the concussion though

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Was planning on going Markov to May last week but held off with their respective BEs. Cost me 71 points and the weekly...:drunk:

With May getting his BE I’m still short of that straight out trade!
With a MPM team I’m stuck on which way to go now.
Get the last 2 rooks off field before then trading the mid pricers?

View attachment 1118834
Rate the Hind pick. Did you state him?

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Vegetarian/non-vegetarian dinners served up tonight - check. Lunch/dinner sorted for work over the weekend - check. Rd 8 trades - NOT CHECK.

GC Suns fan, Touk vs Ellis please???
Tough question. Touk but he’s susceptible to a tagging role. Ellis has been a big beneficiary of the chipping / high marking style this year.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you take out May's score of 7 he is averaging 103 this year would the trade be worth it for possibly another 10 points a game? I don't think Ridley will keep up the average that he started with and could well end up a 105 average in the end.
I barely even saw him against Carlton and he racked up 90. Shouldn't be hard for him to get back to consistent 110+ if he actually does something as well as take 30 free kickout points

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
Was planning on going Markov to May last week but held off with their respective BEs. Cost me 71 points and the weekly...:drunk:

With May getting his BE I’m still short of that straight out trade!
With a MPM team I’m stuck on which way to go now.
Get the last 2 rooks off field before then trading the mid pricers?

View attachment 1118834

Solid team mate! What's your overall rank? Shame Degoey ended up spudding it up so far. Having Powell would have been nice to.

Really interesting the different May slants.
All depends on the respective situation.

- Love Frederick and Murphy, don't mind Houston and his bye works better - can skip
- Big rd 14 imbalance and low on trades - can skip
- Got both Butts and Kosi - can potentially hold and wait on Ridley
- Prefer Daniel, can go him instead
- Ok with a rd 14 bye DEF, low cash, May seems very solid.
- OK taking the risk that he doesn't pan out but will make enough money to enable a slingshot, seems reasonable.
Cheers 👍

I barely even saw him against Carlton and he racked up 90. Shouldn't be hard for him to get back to consistent 110+ if he actually does something as well as take 30 free kickout points
Little bit of cannibalization via Heppell, Carlton accurate (19.9 or whatever it was), point squeeze in general due to high n goals etc.).
Not ideal, but OK-ish (perfect for non-owners, will be a fair old bargain).

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Vegetarian/non-vegetarian dinners served up tonight - check. Lunch/dinner sorted for work over the weekend - check. Rd 8 trades - NOT CHECK.

GC Suns fan, Touk vs Ellis please???
I'm lining Touk up after his bye. All the Sun's scoring seems a bit up and down, but he's having a good year is Touk. Will be a great POD.

GT619

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
what should I do fellas?
Screenshot_2021-05-03_124032.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-03_124037.jpg

Moustachio

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
You're kidding right? An errant elbow to the head that leaves him concussed and a damaged eye socket? If you can find the other moment in time that has EVER happened in AFL or any sport I will give you it but there is every reason to take that sub affected score away. Especially when it was so early in the game, other guys get injury / sub affected scores and last the whole match aka Dunkley .. All down to luck.

Too many IF's? The guy averaged over 105 for the last 10 weeks last year and Lever played .. May doesn't zone off and play loose like Lever that's a fact but he will take the #1 key forward and play the anchor role and gets a lot of chips sideways and kicks down the field. They want it in his hands, he's easily their best user out of the backline .. why do you think he takes all their kick outs? FWIW you realise Ridley plays no differently to May, the only difference between their scoring to this point is Ridley copping a huge amount of kick outs.

May for $400k is the biggest no brainer I have seen this year and it's not even close :thumbsu:
Why are we talking about handfuls of games? The guy js a 10 year vet. His highest average pre-2020 was 87. Also, he misses about 5 games a year.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
I have $180k in the kitty now after going Chappy > Fredrick.

I think next week I will double downgrade - Rowe > Poulter and Berry > Dawkins.

Week after Kosi > Ridley and enough money left over to turn Warner into a forward premo.

5 rookies left on the ground then at D6 (Fredrick), M7 (Powell) , M8 (Jordan) , F5 (Scott) and F6 (SP Bergman). 13 trades left.

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond

Week after Kosi > Ridley and enough money left over to turn Warner into a forward premo.

5 rookies left on the ground then at D6 (Fredrick), M7 (Powell) , M8 (Jordan) , F5 (Scott) and F6 (SP Bergman). 13 trades left.

Its cutting it fine for full premo. Should be ok if you don't waste to many trades on injuries or rage trades. Hopefully cash gen is ok to.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Its cutting it fine for full premo. Should be ok if you don't waste to many trades on injuries or rage trades. Hopefully cash gen is ok to.

I'll have to probably look for a couple of value picks in the forward line I reckon. Having said that most of the forwards besides Ziebell aren't that expensive anyways.

Shouldn't take much to upgrade Powell and Jordan if I can just get a few more games out of Flynn.

Hopefully Heeney comes good at around $300k.

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
I'll have to probably look for a couple of value picks in the forward line I reckon. Having said that most of the forwards besides Ziebell aren't that expensive anyways.

Shouldn't take much to upgrade Powell and Jordan if I can just get a few more games out of Flynn.

Hopefully Heeney comes good at around $300k.

Yeah if all 3 can get to 400k+ it will be great. Bit annoyed I didn't start Daniher. Looks like I've missed some cash gen there. Butts is another handy one I missed to. Can't get em all I suppose. Need Highmore to play, that would help!

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team

You keen on Poulter. Decent JS?

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Really interesting the different May slants.
All depends on the respective situation.

- Love Frederick and Murphy, don't mind Houston and his bye works better - can skip
- Big rd 14 imbalance and low on trades - can skip
- Got both Butts and Kosi - can potentially hold and wait on Ridley
- Prefer Daniel, can go him instead
- Ok with a rd 14 bye DEF, low cash, May seems very solid.
- OK taking the risk that he doesn't pan out but will make enough money to enable a slingshot, seems reasonable.
Cheers 👍
Houston definitely playing sore with the shoulder. Refused to tackle last week on occasions.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
First week this season where I really don't know which road to take .....I've played around with so many scenario's and continue to wrestle with my inner Demons to Trade ....or commonsense and play the long game

Chapman to Frederick gives me $220K in the Bank .....my Bye Structure is perfectly setup .....and my side, whilst not perfect, aint bad, if you ignore Rowe still on-field

Whilst Bolton and May are enticing .....so is Kelly and Houston, with Kelly still approx same price next week

So I'll either stick to the one trade this week .....or look at another Rookie trade-in to sure up my bench & cash generation ......choices will depend on club team selections for this week

Does Rowe, Finlay Macrae, Berry survive the axe .....does Brockman get a recall ?

First week this season where I really don't know which road to take .....I've played around with so many scenario's and continue to wrestle with my inner Demons to Trade ....or commonsense and play the long game

Chapman to Frederick gives me $220K in the Bank .....my Bye Structure is perfectly setup .....and my side, whilst not perfect, aint bad, if you ignore Rowe still on-field

Whilst Bolton and May are enticing .....so is Kelly and Houston, with Kelly still approx same price next week

So I'll either stick to the one trade this week .....or look at another Rookie trade-in to sure up my bench & cash generation ......choices will depend on club team selections for this week

Does Rowe, Finlay Macrae, Berry survive the axe .....does Brockman get a recall ?
I'm feeling the same, but unlike you I've been conservative with my trades and only burnt 12 so far :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back