List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft 2021

Bring back Tim Elliott

mar-2000-tim-elliott-for-the-st-kilda-saints-poses-for-a-portrait-picture-id1557845

Well not only did he punch a guy in the jaw, at the tribunal his mitigation is that he probably had low blood sugar.

Why would any club redraft him based just on that statement alone.
Was that really his defence? Not sure if he explained how he would deal with it but if not he is essentially saying he has no control over it and he could do it again at any time.

Honestly 5 weeks seems pretty low for that punch, looked brutal.

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2005
Toronto, ON
AFL Club
St Kilda
What would be the reason we wouldn't use all 4 picks in the MSD?

The way it looks, we'll have plenty of players to delist end of year so list spots won't be a problem. We can also delist these mid season players at the end of the year if they don't work out.

Will be interesting to see how much change is made to the list this year. At this point, if I'm in charge I'm making these changes:

Senior list

Retire: Roberton, Geary, Frawley
Delist: Dunstan, Kent, Lonie, McKernan

Contracted, but trade/payout if possible: Hannebery, McKenzie

Rookie list

Retain: Clavarino, Joyce
Promote: Wilkie
Delist: Ababakis, Hunter

Assuming we can't do anything with the contracted players, that's a net loss of 6 senior players and 3 rookies. Given the injury crisis hitting a number of teams this year it's hard to imagine the AFL will further reduce list sizes. I'd say we pick up 2-3 players in the mid season draft barring any further long term injuries.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Will be interesting to see how much change is made to the list this year. At this point, if I'm in charge I'm making these changes:

Senior list

Retire: Roberton, Geary, Frawley
Delist: Dunstan, Kent, Lonie, McKernan

Contracted, but trade/payout if possible: Hannebery, McKenzie

Rookie list

Retain: Clavarino, Joyce
Promote: Wilkie
Delist: Ababakis, Hunter

Assuming we can't do anything with the contracted players, that's a net loss of 6 senior players and 3 rookies. Given the injury crisis hitting a number of teams this year it's hard to imagine the AFL will further reduce list sizes. I'd say we pick up 2-3 players in the mid season draft barring any further long term injuries.
I think you'll find the list numbers will go down and they'll look at other ways to deal with injury numbers. It's in the budget already.

If we're able to get a KPD via trade l think only 1 of Carlisle, Frawley, Joyce would survive and perhaps Clav should be in this group too.

Dunstan, Kent and Lonie are reasonable depth and might be offered minimum contracts or traded if possible. We also need a senior group to play VFL so l wouldn't be shocked if Smack or Mason Wood get another year.

Hanners we could pay out, and Dmac is earning his coin atm and l can't imagine him moving clubs.

5-7 changes probably..

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well not only did he punch a guy in the jaw, at the tribunal his mitigation is that he probably had low blood sugar.

Hopefully it was indeed low blood sugar mixed with a tendency for being a dickhead thug, rather than the far worse alternative of CTE.

What are you on about , Your reply is nothing to do with what i said

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
Paddy shouldn't have hit that guy. But I still don't quite understand no comment about the opponent trying to rough him up. The instigator of these incidents never gets mentioned let alone punished in some way. I know it's not the 'old days' but that's how these things got sorted out back then. I am not advocating a return, but it seems like it's open season for opponents to rough up and unsettle the guy they play against. Are you just meant to take it?

Watched an old tape yesterday of Plugger playing against Adelaide at Moorabbin. If the opposition went anywhere near him they got dealt with....severely. And we loved it. Funny old world.

Paddy shouldn't have hit that guy. But I still don't quite understand no comment about the opponent trying to rough him up. The instigator of these incidents never gets mentioned let alone punished in some way. I know it's not the 'old days' but that's how these things got sorted out back then. I am not advocating a return, but it seems like it's open season for opponents to rough up and unsettle the guy they play against. Are you just meant to take it?

Watched an old tape yesterday of Plugger playing against Adelaide at Moorabbin. If the opposition went anywhere near him they got dealt with....severely. And we loved it. Funny old world.
Remember that game
Put the fear of god into Nigel Smart

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
Remember that game
Put the fear of god into Nigel Smart
And Hughes when they had to drag him. Plugger got one guy in a chokehold. Thought he was going to kill him. He was a mean mean dude. Kicked a lazy 9 or 10 by half time. Incredible. Not fit, no match practice.

And Hughes when they had to drag him. Plugger got one guy in a chokehold. Thought he was going to kill him. He was a mean mean dude. Kicked a lazy 9 or 10 by half time. Incredible. Not fit, no match practice.
Put Brad Fox ? from Essendon out at VFL park one day in a choke hold and nearly killed him

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Put Brad Fox ? from Essendon out at VFL park one day in a choke hold and nearly killed him
It was pretty funny when Rick Kennedy was getting into plugger at the western oval.

The bulldogs fans were loving it, he won’t want to **** around with rick, next minute plugger has him in full mount punching the living daylights out of him. I was with the lads we couldn’t stop laughing as Kennedy wobbled off the field supported by trainers, plugger didn‘t muck around.

Was that really his defence? Not sure if he explained how he would deal with it but if not he is essentially saying he has no control over it and he could do it again at any time.

Honestly 5 weeks seems pretty low for that punch, looked brutal.
yep that was part of his defence. it would have been stupid to say that . why would anyone pick him up now

What are you on about , Your reply is nothing to do with what i said
you are right you were talking about concussion and i went and added about his diabetes and what he stated at the tribunal

He should have hit him harder to make it worth 5 weeks.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
It was pretty funny when Rick Kennedy was getting into plugger at the western oval.

The bulldogs fans were loving it, he won’t want to **** around with rick, next minute plugger has him in full mount punching the living daylights out of him. I was with the lads we couldn’t stop laughing as Kennedy wobbled off the field supported by trainers, plugger didn‘t muck around.

My Bulldog family still laugh about Plugger chasing Kennedy 80 metres and punching the bejesus out of him

Back