eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:
Curious what the Dogs would want in Ned Long? Honestly know next to nothing about him, what does he give us that we don't already get from our current stocks of midfielders, or is it just a "best available" type of pick?
Surely we'd take a KPD if they are rated 1-2 picks later

Curious what the Dogs would want in Ned Long? Honestly know next to nothing about him, what does he give us that we don't already get from our current stocks of midfielders, or is it just a "best available" type of pick?
Mix of best available and a plan B if Dunkley decides to leave. I originally had Callaghan going at the pick but I couldn’t be northerner changing to much of the player cards 😂

I have a list of 10-15 who are close to the top 20 but a name I’d like to highlight is Luke Nankervis from Sandringham. This kid looks to have huge upside and I think he is the type to be a real bolter come the end of the year. Skinny but once he gets a few AFL per-seasons in the gym he could be anything, incredible agility/speed mix and his hands are stupidly clean under pressure at ground level for a player of his build.

I have a list of 10-15 who are close to the top 20 but a name I’d like to highlight is Luke Nankervis from Sandringham. This kid looks to have huge upside and I think he is the type to be a real bolter come the end of the year. Skinny but once he gets a few AFL per-seasons in the gym he could be anything, incredible agility/speed mix and his hands are stupidly clean under pressure at ground level for a player of his build.
Sandy look to have a lot of kids in draft contention this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You keep your grubby mitts off my smokey

eDPS where do you rate Hugh Jackson in the draft?
Good little player with good skills and smarts, his size and x-factor are things that hold him back from the top end for me, not sure about his athleticism he might be quicker than what he shows on the field but at 180cm you need that point of difference to have an impact at the next level.

Good little player with good skills and smarts, his size and x-factor are things that hold him back from the top end for me, not sure about his athleticism he might be quicker than what he shows on the field but at 180cm you need that point of difference to have an impact at the next level.
Thanks for the reply.

Seems like there is a big gap between how some rate him compared to others which really intrigues me.

He could end up being a steal, or on the flip side maybe you are right that he just lacks that point of difference.

Definitely one I'll be keeping an eye on. Do you think he'll get to play senior footy any time soon?

Thanks for the reply.

Seems like there is a gap between how some rate him compared to others which really intrigues me.

He could end up being a steal, or on the flip side maybe you are right that he just lacks that point of difference.

Definitely one I'll be keeping an eye on. Do you think he'll get to play senior footy any time soon?
I like him but just makes it hard to put him higher than some players who have some elite athletic qualities but are also talented players in their own right. I only have last years data to go off but athletically he isn’t the best which could be an issue for him at the next level.

A further 15 names on the cusp of the top 20

Mac Andrew
Braden Andrews
Sam Banks
Miller Bergman
Josh Browne
Finn Callaghan
Sam Darcy
Kade Dittmar
Morgan Ferres
Blake Howes
Connor MacDonald
Luke Nankervis
Lachlan Rankin
Lewis Rayson
Josh Ward
Nice to see you rate Dittmar in your top 35-ish, I’ve really enjoyed his season so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back