Position 2021 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers, saw comments from Ratten earlier in the year where he said they were hoping to add his pace to the side soon, so maybe Byrnes fills a specific need he's identified and will be pretty safe if he performs OK?
Again I wouldn't be surprised to see him completely played out of position leading to him been dropped when he doesn't perform. He was impressive on the weekend and I hope he stays in the side because he looks to have talent.
The alternatives are not good ie. Dunstan. So I hope he gets a big run of games.

Better in we thinking next week
Poulter or Bryan?

think we have a good batch the next few weeks

flynn has more money to make but with Draper being out another 5/6 weeks bringing in Bryan might be a good idea?
Poulter for dpp purposes looks good too

There's still Phillips though that Byran has to contend with.

Joel Western FRE $117,300 MID (171cm - 64kg)

"A member of Fremantle's Next Generation Academy, Western represented Western Australia at the U16 Championships in 2018, and since then, has had two impressive seasons for Claremont at WAFL colts level. No player at colts level over the past two years has had more contested possessions, ground ball gets and inside 50s than Western and he has also had the second most disposals, score involvements and running bounces in those seasons. His regular good form was recognised when he won Claremont's Most Consistent Award in 2020. Western was also a major contributor in Claremont's premiership-winning season in 2019; he recorded 23 disposals, 15 contested possessions, four clearances and six tackles in the grand final. Having played primarily as a midfielder over the last two years, Western is equally effective as a small forward where he can utilise his lightning speed, clean hands, defensive pressure and goal sense. The 18-year-old didn't test at the 2020 WA Combine, but his 2.73 seconds 20m time in February 2019 would be quicker than the all-time national combine record, set in 2010."

Joel Western FRE $117,300 MID (171cm - 64kg)

"A member of Fremantle's Next Generation Academy, Western represented Western Australia at the U16 Championships in 2018, and since then, has had two impressive seasons for Claremont at WAFL colts level. No player at colts level over the past two years has had more contested possessions, ground ball gets and inside 50s than Western and he has also had the second most disposals, score involvements and running bounces in those seasons. His regular good form was recognised when he won Claremont's Most Consistent Award in 2020. Western was also a major contributor in Claremont's premiership-winning season in 2019; he recorded 23 disposals, 15 contested possessions, four clearances and six tackles in the grand final. Having played primarily as a midfielder over the last two years, Western is equally effective as a small forward where he can utilise his lightning speed, clean hands, defensive pressure and goal sense. The 18-year-old didn't test at the 2020 WA Combine, but his 2.73 seconds 20m time in February 2019 would be quicker than the all-time national combine record, set in 2010."

64 kegs? I hope he's grown, otherwise he might get snapped in half

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again I wouldn't be surprised to see him completely played out of position leading to him been dropped when he doesn't perform. He was impressive on the weekend and I hope he stays in the side because he looks to have talent.
The alternatives are not good ie. Dunstan. So I hope he gets a big run of games.

To be fair, I could have looked good for St Kilda last week on a wing, and I am 52 years old, carrying a few extra kg's and haven't played footy since the Swansea v Triabunna Prelim Final in 2000 :moustache:

There's still Phillips though that Byran has to contend with.
Not worried about Phillips at all mate
If Bryan backs up well again this weekend he’ll stay in the team til Draper comes back unless injury Strikes imo
The light bulb has gone off for the bombers and they’ll continue giving the youth a crack

Poulter still my first target with his dpp
Bit definitely keeping an eye on Bryan.
A 150k cash gain from Flynn and 3/4 price rises for Bryan would equal what I thought Flynn would get to in price. Is the extra trade worth it I’m still not sure? Will depend on how he looks this week whether I pull the pin but definitely a good discussion point!

Not worried about Phillips at all mate
If Bryan backs up well again this weekend he’ll stay in the team til Draper comes back unless injury Strikes imo
The light bulb has gone off for the bombers and they’ll continue giving the youth a crack

Poulter still my first target with his dpp
Bit definitely keeping an eye on Bryan.
A 150k cash gain from Flynn and 3/4 price rises for Bryan would equal what I thought Flynn would get to in price. Is the extra trade worth it I’m still not sure? Will depend on how he looks this week whether I pull the pin but definitely a good discussion point!
Not getting RCD?

Saints suck the most out of any teams with rookies with topping up with B graders .

RIP Highmore

GWS suck B@lls big hairy ones with big pruess 3 to 5 weeks away .
Means Flynn who was set to get to 400k will be lucky to get to 300k.
Flynn's BE only 4, just needs two more games to get to $350k, which will have to do unless Mummy falls to pieces soon.

Flynn's BE only 4, just needs two more games to get to $350k, which will have to do unless Mummy falls to pieces soon.

Leon said mummy can't play 3 in a row .
So if plays the next 2.
Flynn might only get one, maybe 2 more games .if Pruess is ready.
I'll take 350k ..

Leon said mummy can't play 3 in a row .
So if plays the next 2.
Flynn might only get one, maybe 2 more games .if Pruess is ready.
I'll take 350k ..
Hopefully they play Flynn this week against the Essendon rookie ruck, then save Mummy for Nank the week after. That would seem logical, but I don't think Leon Cameron thinks that way.

Hopefully they play Flynn this week against the Essendon rookie ruck, then save Mummy for Nank the week after. That would seem logical, but I don't think Leon Cameron thinks that way.

I don't think .

Leon thinks ...

:moustache: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back