Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did he give it off to Simpkin! Back yourself Tom you're the best user in the team lol

Simpkin was just wrong to call for the ball in the first place. He was flat footed and must have know he had opponents on the move around him. Asking for the ball in that situation wreaks of trying to build your own stats rather than do what’s best for the team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

First time seeing him in the flesh yesterday, got to watch him closely. Might not have been as prolific as previous weeks but his decision making was fantastic. Always picked out the right handball, or the right outlet kick. I felt comfortable and relaxed when he had the pill, which is not something I can say about too many blokes in this team. Gonna be a star. Joke that he hasn’t been nominated for the Rising Star yet, he’d be leading it by a fair bit I reckon.

First time seeing him in the flesh yesterday, got to watch him closely. Might not have been as prolific as previous weeks but his decision making was fantastic. Always picked out the right handball, or the right outlet kick. I felt comfortable and relaxed when he had the pill, which is not something I can say about too many blokes in this team. Gonna be a star. Joke that he hasn’t been nominated for the Rising Star yet, he’d be leading it by a fair bit I reckon.
Completely agree in that though his possession count might have been slightly down on previous weeks (16 as opposed to around 19.5) the quality of his disposals did not drop, the quality of his vision did not waver. He has 'it'!!

The difference with Tom and just about every other player on our list bar Cunners is that he remains calm under pressure and has the ability to change options and hit a target in a split second, not unlike an elite quarterback assessing 3 or 4 separate options under intense pressure. He did it once not too far in front of us at one point at around half back. Looked like he was going to kick it corridor, and with a fast muscle fibre twitch changed his mind at the last second and hit Lazzaro with a bullet pass on the boundary about 30 metres away. He's one of the main reasons I enjoy going to the footy right now to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future Brownlow Medallist. 30+ touches every week. One of the best handballers in the comp. But 50/50 on getting a Rising Star nom...

Anyway let's bang on about how we stuffed the draft last year by not picking McDonald.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back