Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Gawn down to Oliver, hands to Jordon, hands it to Petracca, Petracca runs 10m, hits the short kick to Kelly at the edge of the 50, 45 degree angle. Kelly picks out Jackson who takes a soaring mark over the pack 20m out directly in front and kicks truly after the siren to win the 2022 flag over the Gold Coast Suns. Back to Back for the Demons!
Jamar down to Gysberts, hands to Trengove, hands it to Scully, Scully runs 10m, hits the short kick to Tapscott at the edge of the 50, 45 degree angle. Tapscott picks out Watts who takes a soaring mark over the pack 20m out directly in front and kicks truly after the siren to win the 2012 flag over the Gold Coast Suns. Back to Back for the Demons!

It’s all so horribly familiar.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I have made a complete 180 on Trac from two years ago, and would rank him with May as the two onfield leaders of the team. I’m definitely no expert on AFL player salaries but this one seems pretty good for the team, and probably is a strong indication that Trac really likes being with the club.

I have made a complete 180 on Trac from two years ago, and would rank him with May as the two onfield leaders of the team. I’m definitely no expert on AFL player salaries but this one seems pretty good for the team, and probably is a strong indication that Trac really likes being with the club.
Completely agree, think there is a clear leadership group on ground. Gawn, May, Lever, Petracca, Viney.
Also, think somebody said earlier that Tracc did like 90% of the contract, if it was up to his grubby little manager he'd be on 1.5 a year, either bleeding us dry, or he's playing at north. Massive win.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
We’ve done very well here. Of course there’s a risk but what great things were achieved without taking a few big calculated punts? $900k/season for a bonafide top 10 and potentially top 3 AFL player is about right but consider four years from now that figure will likely be well unders if CP5 maintains or improves his output, wins B&F’s, AA selections, flags and a Brownlow etc. Notwithstanding the effect of inflation on wages. There is also the intangible knock on effect of having all of our big guns signed up long term and how attractive that will look as we try to lure free agents and trades now and in future years.

Scully was on this kind of money and length of tenure 10 years ago. Tom Boyd 5 years ago. Compared to those and a few other shady deals we’ve seen around the AFL this contract should be seen for what it is - a very good piece of business. Quite a few other list managers Will be crying into their Weeties this morning about this bloke being off the market. Absolute gun. Clutch with a Capital “C”.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jamar down to Gysberts, hands to Trengove, hands it to Scully, Scully runs 10m, hits the short kick to Tapscott at the edge of the 50, 45 degree angle. Tapscott picks out Watts who takes a soaring mark over the pack 20m out directly in front and kicks truly after the siren to win the 2012 flag over the Gold Coast Suns. Back to Back for the Demons!

“The dees are gonna be something, the dees are gonna be something!” *shudders*

Great news with Trac though, hope we can all see some success with him over the coming years!

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Wrapped to lock him in. 7 years has its risk but I’m not too fussed, one of the best midfielders the club’s ever had and could open up some interesting cap possibilities to add a player.

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC

"Bartram loved him back there as well. Frawley, Bartram, McDonald, Garland, that's going to be some sort of backline in a couple of years."
- Dennis Cometti, Melbourne v Sydney, Round 17, 2010.

Interesting that Trac drops that "there's a player/coach (I assume he means club) option in the last 3 years"

Deal is brilliant if we have an option. Absolutely brilliant. Well done to those who got this sorted. 👍

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Interesting that Trac drops that "there's a player/coach (I assume he means club) option in the last 3 years"

Deal is brilliant if we have an option. Absolutely brilliant. Well done to those who got this sorted. 👍

Yea was wondering about that player/coach piece.

I'm not sure if I've heard of any of those players

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
If it all goes to s**t, we get him back onto Mums cooking, let him go full Ox and just plough through packs in the F50

Back