Unofficial Preview Round 8, 2021: North Melbourne vs Collingwood @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, May 8 @ 4:35pm

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I seem to recall they lifted the purchase limit to 10, up from 6 but you’d better double check.
Sitting with other members
You will be able to input up to six member barcodes for grouped seating, given all members are in the same priority group.

Details are here:

fyi, you also need to enter the details of each person attending (name and a mobile number).
Yes limit is 10

Thanks all confirmed it is 10 on Ticketmaster website now (North must need to update their articles)

1620105217533.png

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its funny how pies supporters seem to think our guys will batter them like two years ago. I think we may have literally 5 players from that game available to play.

I just hope our kids save their energy for running and goals.

ziebell, cunnington, goldstein, atley, larkey, simpkin, turner, thomas, zurhaar, maybe dumont and LDU if they're available? hayden played but probably won't be selected this weekend. still, huge turnover.

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
ziebell, cunnington, goldstein, atley, larkey, simpkin, turner, thomas, zurhaar, maybe dumont and LDU if they're available? hayden played but probably won't be selected this weekend. still, huge turnover.
Would LDU be back yet? I didn't include Dumont since he's only had one vfl game back from a long time off.
And sorry i should have said "approximately" entirely my baaaad.

I also forgot Atley plays for us

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would LDU be back yet? I didn't include Dumont since he's only had one vfl game back from a long time off.
And sorry i should have said "approximately" entirely my baaaad.

yeah i'm not doing this to prove you wrong or anything, your post just made me curious so i went and checked. for anyone who's curious the rest of the lineup included marley williams, scott thompson, sam durdin, mason wood, ben brown and jasper pittard (gone), as well as tarrant, mcdonald and anderson (unavailable.) by anyone's metric that's a lot of best 22 players gone after just two years

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
As close to a 'danger game' as we can get.

Late last year we were able to compete against Port, Brisbane and the Eagles. But were smashed by the Suns and Dockers. This year we've got a bit warm and fuzzy with 5 goal losses against Melbourne and Geelong, but hopeless against the Suns and Dockers.

The Dogs game aside, we seem to come out against the better teams with a bit of spirit before running out of steam, but as flat at a tack against the spuds. (Whilst we led against the Crows at 3/4 we coughed up 2 goals in the first 3mins and were 3 goals down at 1/4).

This is the game in the last 15 weeks that we go into thinking we're half a shot, but lose 4 goals to 13. If we aren't competitive in this then any brownie points we gained from 'honourable' 5 goals losses are gone.

discodaddy

All Australian
Jun 13, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There are no others
Careful what you wish for, bucks is the perfect coach for Collingwood, every time their list gets to a point that they are ready to challenge bucks moves on a few of their A graders and they slip back into the mire, this has 2 great outcomes, firstly other teams get to benefit from the use of the players, ie, Heath, Stevo and Trelour and secondly it keeps raising the hopes of the collingwood army then dashes them. this has to be perpetuated for as long as possible.

It’s their version the the B. Scott performance/contract renewal cycle.

JZTIME!

All Australian
Jul 21, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s their version the the B. Scott performance/contract renewal cycle.
Careful what you wish for, bucks is the perfect coach for Collingwood, every time their list gets to a point that they are ready to challenge bucks moves on a few of their A graders and they slip back into the mire, this has 2 great outcomes, firstly other teams get to benefit from the use of the players, ie, Heath, Stevo and Trelour and secondly it keeps raising the hopes of the collingwood army then dashes them. this has to be perpetuated for as long as possible.
A couple of my best mates and I say this often. We want him to stay. Its his karma never to win one as he is always about bucks. Let him stay another 10 years and let us all enjoy him building them up to fail, over and over again

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
History predicts clear winner in rare father v son blood battle - https://www.afl.com.au/news/607768
I love little statistical quirks like this that also have a nice personal story to them. Completely and utterly meaningless when it comes to the actual game this week, but a fun article nonetheless.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
L2 33
I can never get closer to the wing !?
I’m a premium member . I went in at 1.10pm to get my tickets. How did u guys get closer to the wing ? Did u put best available?

Best available and you can select level 2. I've been on the dot at 1 p.m. 3 times but these are best seats l've managed yet.

Think G.R.posted we will be able to sit in our reserved seats from rd. 9 😃

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Best available and you can select level 2. I've been on the dot at 1 p.m. 3 times but these are best seats l've managed yet.

Think G.R.posted we will be able to sit in our reserved seats from rd. 9 😃
Hoping we can get in for a few drinks prior at bar (Can’t remember the name ) just behind Our seats on level 2 exclusive to north membership

Interesting that you say that Hoj... I'm only priority 2 and also got the best seats I've managed yet this week. Level 3 on the wing as per usual, but much closer to the front. I reckon they've changed something because I'm fairly certain that the row I have (C) was previously classified as "premium" and required a $15 payment.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I'm glad we didn't go as hard as we could've to throw big money at DeGoey, we put out the feelers and that was it.

But considering how hard we pushed for Martin and the coin we were going to throw his way, it was the right move. Not necessarily at the right time however, we were on the precipice of a rebuild. So Martin staying to win more flags and norm smiths while he can was the right choice for him in the end. Its clear at this point though he's worth his weight on his contract as opposed to DeGoey, Martin is by far more consistent and impact games greater, especially in Finals.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Needed Bonar to play on De Goey up forward but doubt he gets up with that Corkie. Tough match up i think now.

Dont think LDU will play either, understandably.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Atu on Degoey. How good would degoey < 10 touches and zero goals be, while Stevo snags 25 touches to go with a cupla sausage rolls.

Back