Not open for further replies.

Gavstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Lakers, Longhorns
Getting a bit disheartened we are 1/3 way through the season without 2 key players signed one of which is the Captain.

Whereas Petracca and Toby Greene's extended and have showed long term commitment to their clubs.

Lets have a new Carlton rule, if you want the Captaincy you must be signed for at least 2 more years at the club at the start of the season.

Bokan

All Australian
Dec 21, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Getting a bit disheartened we are 1/3 way through the season without 2 key players signed one of which is the Captain.

Whereas Petracca and Toby Greene's extended and have showed long term commitment to their clubs.

Lets have a new Carlton rule, if you want the Captaincy you must be signed for at least 2 more years at the club at the start of the season.
They (trac and Greene) have literally just extended, if you said this comment two days ago it would be false - just chill on the chicken little stuff when we have little to no indication as to needing to freak out

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I assume he'll just migrate to the Bulldogs so he and Caleb Daniel can see eye to eye.
I usually stick up for my Vertically challenged friends, but this is too good to pass up

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Wait What...
ferrisb, is now the Brodie Grundy of posters? :tongueoutv1:
Or be like Skadoosh and receive a handball in the goal square and get a sh*t load of likes ie posting from Bluemour rumours discussion thread to the non discussion thread...................just kidding Skadoosh, love your work:)

skadoosh is now the Matthew Lloyd of posters ?

HBF is obviously the Brent Harvey...

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
All this board talk is dull!

I miss the days of rumours of Stephen Silvagni spotted having coffee with the likes of Dylan Shiel at an Inner City Cafe by posters who 'swear' they were there 😂😂😂

Petracca and Greene both signed today.

It can just as easily be argued that both Greene and Petracca have now established the market for player re-signing this year.

Greene got 5 years and was born 18 months before Cripps.

Petracca got 7 years and was born 10 months after Cripps.

The market has now set Cripps on a 6-year deal at probably just a tad under Petracca (so 800-850k per year).

Broadside

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Petracca and Greene both signed today.

It can just as easily be argued that both Greene and Petracca have now established the market for player re-signing this year.

Greene got 5 years and was born 18 months before Cripps.

Petracca got 7 years and was born 10 months after Cripps.

The market has now set Cripps on a 6-year deal at probably just a tad under Petracca (so 800-850k per year).
that's too much given he is banged up with much reduced form the last 18 months - I think he and his manager would recognise that would be an overreach. 6 years would be...brave.

Last edited:
that's too much given he is banged up with much reduced form the last 18 months - I think he and his manager would recognise that would be an overreach. 6 years would be...brave.

Then I say to you this: if we don't give Patrick that type of offer he'll get it somewhere. I'd argue the price is perhaps high but again, he'll get overs (probably more than that) elsewhere.

Edit: Further, given the reported value and length of the contract we signed Zac Williams to anything less and you're putting Cripps on a lesser contract than that. It's just not going to happen.

Gavstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Lakers, Longhorns
Then I say to you this: if we don't give Patrick that type of offer he'll get it somewhere. I'd argue the price is perhaps high but again, he'll get overs (probably more than that) elsewhere.

If he was willing to anywhere potentially, but if he's looking westward my understanding was Weagles have committed not to chase big salaried player due to pay cuts and Freo has a tight salary cap.

Broadside

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Possibly, he has to do what is best for his career and make hay while the sun shines, but the club has to be sensible too. Seems like he is a done deal, hopefully a medium is reached. Not sure he'll be playing anywhere in 6 years.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

Captain Bont hasn't re-signed yet.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Edit: Further, given the reported value and length of the contract we signed Zac Williams to anything less and you're putting Cripps on a lesser contract than that. It's just not going to happen.

The club would be dumb to give him any more than 4 years and i would say this may be the sticking point.

If he was willing to anywhere potentially, but if he's looking westward my understanding was Weagles have committed not to chase big salaried player due to pay cuts and Freo has a tight salary cap.

There are always exceptions to the rule.

If you asked the West Coast players whether they'd prefer the club sign Patrick Cripps or stick by their statement I guarantee you there's not a player on the list who would turn that option down.

As far as Fremantle, clubs will find a way to create cap space for an elite player. Not every club screws their list as badly as Collingwood did.

I have faith that the club will find a way to do what is right by Patrick and for the club itself.

Because pretty much every single big-name player drags out contract talks in their 8th season.

1st year of FA eligibility is the biggest opportunity a player will have in their career to extract max $ contract.
Merrett hasn't re-signed... and I've been listening to Wick telling me that Merrett is weeks away from re-signing with the drug cheats.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Braddles is still out there somwh

Probably wishes he didn’t (try to) kick on his left on the w/end. Minus another $200K P/A in my book.

Bravo.
The W.O.S. still won't respond to the fact that the Bont, Merritt etc are still unsigned in the same circumstances.

Jezza stormed out of the club to move to stkilda, koutas long term contract absolutely killed us but we decided to pay up rather than lose him.

Sticks and braddles both thought long and hard about going home and we had to up offers to keep them.

All are club greats but didn't play as amatuers. Pretty sure crippa will stay but he us already a club great.

Pretty sad pathetic attack to be honest from someone the board would be much better off without. Going to be glorious when (hopefully) crippa re-signs.
Pretty sure that everyone who played before the salary cap came in was considered an amateur. Before 1987 and the expansion of the league and the introduction... the game was still an amateur sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back