Welcome Kyle Hartigan joins the Hawks in a trade from the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind him making Hawkins earn it personally but I'd be shocked if he didn't get a week for it. Was marginally too late to be deemed accidental.

Don't mind him making Hawkins earn it personally but I'd be shocked if he didn't get a week for it. Was marginally too late to be deemed accidental.
He didn’t get a week for it.

Extremely underrated, has helped us stay competitive in every contest and bring other defenders into the game, all key forwards will kick goals with the new rules. He is doing all the right things for someone coming into a new club.

We might be having bags kicked on us every week if Frawley did the same injury here...

In the Amazon series 'Making Their Mark' there is footage of Hartigan and another teammate at Adelaide engaging in a rather exuberant fisticuffs during a practice match; which means he is certainly up for the fight if needs be
Anyone that punches an Adelaide player is fine by me!

According to Footywire it seems it was a 3 year deal for Hartigan, rememebr lots of talk as to if it was 2 or 3, his manager has done a very astute job.

Footywire is historically pretty unreliable. They go with the first news posted and then never seem to update it.

Either way, I don't think he's been awful and our midfield has done our defenders no favours.

There was a bit play in the second half where he was running with Membrey only for Membrey to turn on the jets and put 20 metres on him to take the link up switch mark on the far wing.

Clearly plays best deep and didn't have a definite match up against the Saints (their leg speed hurts us all over the ground). Will likely have a better show of it this week with the Eagles tall timber.

There was a bit play in the second half where he was running with Membrey only for Membrey to turn on the jets and put 20 metres on him to take the link up switch mark on the far wing.

Clearly plays best deep and didn't have a definite match up against the Saints (their leg speed hurts us all over the ground). Will likely have a better show of it this week with the Eagles tall timber.

His best match up is a big, slow and cumbersome forward that doesn't move or lead. Aka the typical local footy fat full forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins is great on the lead, more due to size than pace. He also had 6 shots at goal during the game, thankfully he was wayward though.

i think that's partially by design too, as I remember a lot of those shots were along the boundary which you can live with

Footywire is historically pretty unreliable. They go with the first news posted and then never seem to update it.

Either way, I don't think he's been awful and our midfield has done our defenders no favours.

I agree our midfield has done him very few favours, he hasn't underachived I've got what I expected which wasn't very much.

Hawkins is great on the lead, more due to size than pace. He also had 6 shots at goal during the game, thankfully he was wayward though.
I thought Hartigan, and the team, held him well. From memory, most of the shots were from wide, as he had to lead a long way wide to get the kicks.

I agree our midfield has done him very few favours, he hasn't underachived I've got what I expected which wasn't very much.

We're conceding as many inside 50s as North. The fact that we're not doing worse than we are is genuinely surprising.

Not sure how anyone could really complain about what he gave us. Cost us nothing but a relatively tiny amount of cap space. Performed a role, did a few surprising things like that time he collected the ball, shimmied through traffic and then kicked an outside of the boot banana down the line that hit a target on the chest inside 50. And some not so surprising, but definitely endearing things like smacking Hawkins.

All things considered, he was a good recruit and an even better clubman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back