List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone thinking about Schache needs to watch Friday night's game against the tigers closely. Looked completely out of it all night, both forward and ruck, couldn't get near it, and worse, looked like not even the effort was there. Think he got a lucky goal late but otherwise an absolute shocker. There is no way we could be interested. On the back of that performance, he would be lucky to play 5-10 more senior games and will be delisted at end of next year. Been wrong before, but don't think so this time. He looks done.

I thought he didn’t have it from his Brisbane times, just doesn’t seem to enjoy it or want it.

If he wasn’t originally a pick 2 he’d have been delisted by Brisbane and been lucky to have been on anyone’s rookie list, but almost certainly wouldn’t be on an AFL list now.

If my nonna had wooden legs she woulda been a rocking chair.....

I was very excited about the whole Jack Martin acquisition and the hype that went with it....but.....it’s been very underwhelming so far.
Things turn very quickly in football though.....here’s hoping

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it’s been, well, ok to good.

Was excellent first half v pies in his only game this year, and a big part of dragging us back into the game.

I think if the side gets better he could come into his own.

Agree..
Wouldn't be wasting resources, on Merrett and Kelly..
Good players, but IMO not really the list profile player we should be targeting, both 26 this year..
We are 2-3 years off seriously contending, would make them late 20's early 30's..

We seriously need to build some depth in our KPF, KPD & Ruck/Forwards..
I'd be looking at younger talent that can grow, with our younger talent.

Looks like, we may have missed building our premiership push around Cripps, he is young enough to still be involved..
But, we should start building our premiership push around Walsh, Curnow, TDK, Weitering and McKay..
There is only two years difference between Cripps and Curnow, Harry and Weitering

I agree we need to build depth in our KP stocks but it’s hard to do. Do we use good picks for depth or do we use lower picks that come with a low success rate. Maybe we just go use our second rounders to build the depth in those areas via trades.
The problem I see is there is not really anyway of having good depth in those areas. You can only play so many and if they are any good they are going to get big money thrown at them by other clubs. Melbourne is about the only club that does and it’s going to be interesting because they could very well lose it this year if they don’t get Weideman in the side. We need another Casboult really until we know what’s going to happen to Curnow. Jones replacement is tough because there does seem to be a few Aliir, Frost type players come up most years but they are wanting a best 22 spots.
If we assume we finish with a pick~8 plus then in the last 4 years only one good KPP is playing regularly (Naughton) from that 8-20 mark in the draft with Brander just starting to make his mark. That’s 2 out of almost 50 that would actually help us in providing that depth by the 2025 season. As I said it’s bloody hard to build good depth in our time frame from the draft.

Hmmm did we delist BSOS too soon? Held JUH to one goal and 10 touches for the bullants.

Of course we did, look at the history of Rance and McGovern and the age they became certainties in their team. We don't know the full story though maybe his attitude wasn't the best after the SOS sacking.

Still its up to BSOS to work hard now and get back on a list.

Hmmm did we delist BSOS too soon? Held JUH to one goal and 10 touches for the bullants.
What I heard is that the coaches quite liked BSOS as a prospect but with list sizes coming down we couldn't keep a guy that was 2-3 years from being AFL ready if he makes it. Hopefully the AFL extends the list sizes back to the original number, especially with the concussion sub coming in.

We can make Top 4 if we play this team consistently.

B: Docherty---------------Weitering-----------------Parks

H: Williams---------------McGovern-----------------Saad

C: SPS----------------------Cripps------------------O'Brien

H: Cuningham------------C.Curnow----------------Martin

F: Fogarty------------------McKay-------------------Betts

Foll: De Koning, Setterfield, Walsh

Bench: Newman, Stocker, Dow, Silvagni

Sub: Fisher

Trade/Delist: Jones, Plowman, Newnes, E.Curnow, Gibbons, Murphy, Casboult

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can make Top 4 if we play this team consistently.

B: Docherty---------------Weitering-----------------Parks

H: Williams---------------McGovern-----------------Saad

C: SPS----------------------Cripps------------------O'Brien

H: Cuningham------------C.Curnow----------------Martin

F: Fogarty------------------McKay-------------------Betts

Foll: De Koning, Setterfield, Walsh

Bench: Newman, Stocker, Dow, Silvagni

Sub: Fisher

Trade/Delist: Jones, Plowman, Newnes, E.Curnow, Gibbons, Murphy, Casboult

No additions to our best side, yet 7 experienced deletions?

Would be a remarkable achievement to make top 4 on the back of that, particularly carrying 5 'busts' as you have called them in that best side.

Could be a tough one Stamos I agree Charlie is better suited to FF but if Harry kicks 70 this year your not going to mess with that are you ?

Better team line-up wins out but think CC is the FF at full-strength.

The question will be if H has a preference to play as FF, disgruntled at contract time if not playing where a player prefers to play with offers presenting for that position with opposition teams.

No additions to our best side, yet 7 experienced deletions?

Would be a remarkable achievement to make top 4 on the back of that, particularly carrying 5 'busts' as you have called them in that best side.
IMO, many are looking like 'busts' in regards to their respective draft positions. That's not saying a number of them won't become useful footballers. You are not going to talk players up to supporters of your own side when you have your heart set on finding additional trade currency. Unfortunately, on here every one is priceless for Carlton and worthless for other clubs, unless they want to leave, then we underrate them. It's weird.

Last edited:
Better team line-up wins out but think CC is the FF at full-strength.

The question will be if H has a preference to play as FF, disgruntled at contract time if not playing where a player prefers to play with offers presenting for that position with opposition teams.
12 months ago i would have agreed but not so sure now .
Harry is building nicely now think it would be almost silly to shift him if he continues his improvement and bags 60 or 70 this year .
Both of them may be able to work in tandom out of the FF line anyway in a similar way to Franklin and Roughead .
Now that would be scary for the opposition if both where able to successfully work inside 50 .

Charlie out of the square

Could be a tough one Stamos I agree Charlie is better suited to FF but if Harry kicks 70 this year your not going to mess with that are you ?

Charlie out of the forward pocket, take the pressure off him and his knee.
Allow him to stay more forward instead of having to push up and back every play.

SPS - Silvagni/ McGovern - Fogarty
Fisher - McKay - C. Curnow

Push Cuningham and Martin to the wings

Agree with all of this but just wanted to point out that we have at least 4 AA-quality players on our list currently:
  • Weitering
  • Walsh
  • Cripps
  • Saad
Any of these 4 could be picked for the AA squad in a year where they avoid injury. That's more quality players than we've had since the Fev/Judd days. The rest of list lacks depth, but we have found some quality at least.

Totally. Poorly worded on my part - I meant we have two AA type mids, which I think is the minimum to be good. we just need more b grade mids cause right now I’m not sure we even have 1.

Ideally, we don't want to lose Cripps. If we do it'll set us back a bit. Otoh, sometimes it's not the worst thing to take a step back in order to move forward.

If he's leaving, it's not going to be for nothing. Cerra plus Freo's 1st pick and maybe a 2nd round upgrade (assuming we finish a bit higher than them) could be the catalyst to right some big flaws in our current list.

With Walsh, Cerra, Setters, Cunners, SPS, Dow, Carroll, Kemp (utility) .... there's a lot of good young on ballers there and we have some decent young depth

Assuming we can finish around 6th and Freo around 11th leaves us with picks:

#8, #13, #26

We can take the best KPD, KPF, and the best swing type capable of going in the ruck who we can pair up with TDK for the next decade.

If Cripps stays, then I reckon we just go KPD with our 1st and swing with our 2nd or if we can, try and offload next year's 1st for another this year so we can bring in those 3 talls I suggested earlier because if Levi Casboult is still a regular by end of next year then we're gonna continue to struggle to make finals.

Ideally, we don't want to lose Cripps. If we do it'll set us back a bit. Otoh, sometimes it's not the worst thing to take a step back in order to move forward.

If he's leaving, it's not going to be for nothing. Cerra plus Freo's 1st pick and maybe a 2nd round upgrade (assuming we finish a bit higher than them) could be the catalyst to right some big flaws in our current list.

With Walsh, Cerra, Setters, Cunners, SPS, Dow, Carroll, Kemp (utility) .... there's a lot of good young on ballers there and we have some decent young depth

Assuming we can finish around 6th and Freo around 11th leaves us with picks:

#8, #13, #26

We can take the best KPD, KPF, and the best swing type capable of going in the ruck who we can pair up with TDK for the next decade.

If Cripps stays, then I reckon we just go KPD with our 1st and swing with our 2nd or if we can, try and offload next year's 1st for another this year so we can bring in those 3 talls I suggested earlier because if Levi Casboult is still a regular by end of next year then we're gonna continue to struggle to make finals.
We've got Levi and Jones both 30/31 and potentially out the door in the next year or 2. A draft pick replacement for these guys is likely a few years away from being ready.
I'd be trying to lure a fringe tall from another team in the 22/23 age bracket who can't quite crack a team but ready for that next step and could possibly play straight away.

Last edited:
We've got Levi and Jones both 30/31 and potentially out the door in the next year or 2. A draft pick replacement for these guys is likely a few years away from being ready.
I'd be trying to lure a fringe tall from another team in the 22/23 age bracket who can't quite crack a team but ready for that next step and could possibly play straight away.
The problem with that is the best ones are overvalued and the lesser lights aren't worth it. I'm not sure how much the Blues would be willing to invest in players like that without breaking the bank. Weideman might be worth a look but all the talk is more about the Collingwood connection or perhaps a club higher up the ladder looking for the final piece in the puzzle. There's also Ben Mckay for the other end of the ground but again, there's no talk.

Last edited:
What I heard is that the coaches quite liked BSOS as a prospect but with list sizes coming down we couldn't keep a guy that was 2-3 years from being AFL ready if he makes it. Hopefully the AFL extends the list sizes back to the original number, especially with the concussion sub coming in.

Excuse. Our list management this year is off balance and by a fair bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back