Preview Round 8 2021—Richmond v Geelong, Friday May 7, 7:50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he won the ball more and kicked some goals maybe he wouldn't need to sprint so much.
Certainly doesn't sprint when he's got the ball. At the moment the game just stops when he's in possession.

I know there are defensive structures, and I don't have access to all the statistical analysis that our coaches have, but Aarts seems to be far more impactful at the moment.

IN: Martin, Flossy, CCJ
OUT: Naish, Grimes, Trent

Really hope CCJ gets this game, need the extra defender with Grimes out.
Caddy shouldn't play, he's been playing pretty average in the VFL which is a concern given that he's a mature player.
RCD played good and should hold his spot
Aarts will survive another week because of the outs....... AGAIN!

I reckon you're sniffing glue if you think Caddy's going from no match play last week straight into the ones.
what's the latest on Josh Caddy.....injury?, club suspension?, freshen up?, illness?....nothing has been reported yeti'm sure he'd still be in the mix with quite a few experienced boys on the mid term injury list. seems the forgotten man :(

what's the latest on Josh Caddy.....injury?, club suspension?, freshen up?, illness?....nothing has been reported yeti'm sure he'd still be in the mix with quite a few experienced boys on the mid term injury list. seems the forgotten man :(
Theres a reason for it, he just hasn't been playing good in the 2s or the 1s. There are other guys that are just playing better than him, and those players are the ones getting the chances.

Aarts worked his bloody arse off, won some 50/50 contests too.
Sure his disposal isn’t top notch and hes not the fastest but his game overall was fine

people here have to remember he’s only played ~15 games so give the kid a break, he’s still learning so much how to be a 4 quarter Richmond man

No chance of getting dropped until either stack or MJR are ready I think

I think I heard an illness going back 3, 4 weeks. He did not play last week. I think he played poorly in the earlier game. I hope illness is the reason. Who knows why it's not on the website

I think I heard an illness going back 3, 4 weeks. He did not play last week. I think he played poorly in the earlier game. I hope illness is the reason. Who knows why it's not on the website

His first game out was symptoms of the flu. Heard nothing since. He's not on the injury list.

Aarts worked his bloody arse off, won some 50/50 contests too.
Sure his disposal isn’t top notch and hes not the fastest but his game overall was fine

people here have to remember he’s only played ~15 games so give the kid a break, he’s still learning so much how to be a 4 quarter Richmond man

No chance of getting dropped until either stack or MJR are ready I think

While I agree, Stack's also not far away now. Played decent mid minutes last weekend.

While I agree, Stack's also not far away now. Played decent mid minutes last weekend.
That’s great then! A fully fit Stack is a big upgrade on aarts no doubt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres a reason for it, he just hasn't been playing good in the 2s or the 1s. There are other guys that are just playing better than him, and those players are the ones getting the chances.

Maybe ‘19 repeating itself with him doing a Grigg and opening up a spot for someone who can come in to fill a void and impact at the pointy end of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe ‘19 repeating itself with him doing a Grigg and opening up a spot for someone who can come in to fill a void and impact at the pointy end of the season

Wasn't Grigg injured though? He wasn't going to come back and force is way into the side. This is different. Caddy's just out of form.

Wasn't Grigg injured though? He wasn't going to come back and force is way into the side. This is different. Caddy's just out of form.

Sounds like he’s injured and out of form. Maybe a long shot but the Grigg announcement came from nowhere as well

Aarts the new punching bag,ffs our club plays to a system you dhs.

I agree. Aarts can frustrate at the moment (particularly Port game) but he is too young to be a whipping boy. Brings alot of enthusiasm and they believe that those mistakes under pressure games will be removed out of his game.

Opposition will be bringing their best against us since we are a scalp that can make that team declared premiers that week if they beat us

Backing Dimma on this one as to whether there is something good on the other side. If he was delisted hypothetically now there would be other clubs interested in him.

I agree. Aarts can frustrate at the moment (particularly Port game) but he is too young to be a whipping boy. Brings alot of enthusiasm and they believe that those mistakes under pressure games will be removed out of his game.

Opposition will be bringing their best against us since we are a scalp that can make that team declared premiers that week if they beat us

Backing Dimma on this one as to whether there is something good on the other side. If he was delisted hypothetically now there would be other clubs interested in him.

I back our club and Dimma also.

I honestly believe if we can knock the cats off this week then it will break them mentally for good when we play them, I think we are almost there but they will give it one last crack to knock us off and believe they can beat us.

We had a big game last week, that's my only concern is that we have a downer this week.

I honestly believe if we can knock the cats off this week then it will break them mentally for good when we play them, I think we are almost there but they will give it one last crack to knock us off and believe they can beat us.

We had a big game last week, that's my only concern is that we have a downer this week.
That is the danger......

Sounds like he’s injured and out of form. Maybe a long shot but the Grigg announcement came from nowhere as well

Grigg was 31 when he announced his retirement and on one year contracts. Not a surprise at all he retired.
Josh Caddy is 28 and his contract runs until the end of next year. I could definitely see him requesting a trade for more opportunities if he can't break back into the side, but not a retirement.

IN: Martin, Flossy, CCJ
OUT: Naish, Grimes, Trent

Really hope CCJ gets this game, need the extra defender with Grimes out.
Caddy shouldn't play, he's been playing pretty average in the VFL which is a concern given that he's a mature player.
RCD played good and should hold his spot
Aarts will survive another week because of the outs....... AGAIN!
Caddy has been pretty average because he didn't play last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back