Position 2021 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
50/50 on whether to give Tex one last week to kill himself in a showdown win or cut my losses and turn him into Walsh.

Can always sideways him the fu** to Heeney next week anyway.
Trade him to Walsh I reckon. Makes the most out of Tex’s current value and Peeney will be close to 300k in a couple of weeks so won’t be hard to swap him for a spud rookie - although the kent is scoring like one at the moment so I would wait and see if he has a better role this week with Buddy back :moustache:

Reigning Collingwood best-and-fairest winner Taylor Adams not only delivered piercing feedback to teammate Jordan De Goey on Saturday, despite his denial, but was one of the most vocal members of the senior group to pull the 25-year-old up on his lacklustre effort against the Gold Coast Suns.

It comes as triple premiership Blue Mark Maclure urged the Pies to move De Goey on, questioning whether the goalkicker was “helping the club”.

A Nine report on Monday revealed Collingwood leaders “put the acid” on De Goey after a lacklustre performance against the Suns, in which players were frustrated with his defensive efforts without the ball.

Adams took to social media to label the report “garbage”, but foxfooty.com.au senior reporter Tom Morris backed up the details, providing more insight into the tense atmosphere at the embattled club.

“It‘s actually bang on the money if anything, he (author Peter Ryan) probably undersold it, because what happened after the game was significant according to those people in the room,” Morris told Fox Sports News’ AFL Tonight on Tuesday.

AFL legend Leigh Matthews added the Pies should give up on playing De Goey in the midfield in spurts, encouraging Buckley to keep the 25-year-old in the forward arc.

“I’d forget about thinking of Jordan De Goey as Dustin Martin. He is not his bootlaces,” Leigh Matthews told 3AW’s Sportsday.

“Don’t put him in the centre bounce because all he does is hang around the middle of the ground.

“Let him play small full-forward because that is where he has been at his absolute best. Don’t waste his limited energy.

AFL legend Leigh Matthews added the Pies should give up on playing De Goey in the midfield in spurts, encouraging Buckley to keep the 25-year-old in the forward arc.

“I’d forget about thinking of Jordan De Goey as Dustin Martin. He is not his bootlaces,” Leigh Matthews told 3AW’s Sportsday.

“Don’t put him in the centre bounce because all he does is hang around the middle of the ground.

“Let him play small full-forward because that is where he has been at his absolute best. Don’t waste his limited energy.
Imagine crucifying Treloar to accommodate this peanut.

Yep .....COLL made a choice of Treloar v De Goey ..... it's Treloar's pace and ball winning abilities that COLL need urgently, and De-Goey can't provide

It's definitely a sliding door moment

Yep .....COLL made a choice of Treloar v De Goey ..... it's Treloar's pace and ball winning abilities that COLL need urgently, and De-Goey can't provide

There must be more to it imo, surely no one thought Degoey was a better player than Treloar?

Either way, park JDG in the forward line and play Fin Macrae in the mid's, hopefully then he'll score half way decent :moustache:

Also, can't believe North are at $5.25 to win this week. I'd be all over that if I was a gambler. Reckon it's going to be a close game.

There must be more to it imo, surely no one thought Degoey was a better player than Treloar?

Either way, park JDG in the forward line and play Fin Macrae in the mid's, hopefully then he'll score half way decent :moustache:

Also, can't believe North are at $5.25 to win this week. I'd be all over that if I was a gambler. Reckon it's going to be a close game.
Where did you see $5.25? I will get on that if its available. Only seen ~$3.30ish

Went to K-Mart today. True story.

Was s**t. Cheap Chinese crap everywhere, no range, checkouts all self serve and in the middle of the store.
Would have rather watch DeGooey run round.

Heeney, Rozee and JDG going to be dirttttt cheap soon. Will be a decent sideways option if Warner or Daniher are hurt. Might even be able to cheaply upgrade Rowe if he doesn't drop too much cash.

AFL media has been pumping up Degoey for years, they get a weird fixation on these players that bang out an awesome game but do * all for 90% of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL media has been pumping up Degoey for years, they get a weird fixation on these players that bang out an awesome game but do fu** all for 90% of the time.
It's the AFL's job to "pump up" future stars of the game .....the competiton and supporters thrive around each club having a number of future stars ......it's part of the "building hope" spun at supporters each off-season

Sometimes they get it right, sometimes not .....how long did it take Petracca to make it, after his tyres were pumped ....we forget he's been in the system 7 years now, 6 years B4 he really fulfilled that tag he was labelled with

AFL media has been pumping up Degoey for years, they get a weird fixation on these players that bang out an awesome game but do fu** all for 90% of the time.

Not just the media that buy into the notion that he can be a gun mid. During pre-season a few fans of his on here were predicting a 110+ season average.

Not just the media that buy into the notion that he can be a gun mid. During pre-season a few fans of his on here were predicting a 110+ season average.
We expected a 80/20 MID/FWD split, not the other way around. Before last round (now that they're desperate), he was getting hardly any CBA's. The guy finally trained properly in the off season, expecting lots of mid time, but got stuck forward. Yes he's overrated, yes he's injury prone, yes he's a *******, but he's never had the opportunity to shine. Now we're just about the worst team in the comp, what do people expect?
I hope he leaves, hopefully North still want him.

We expected a 80/20 MID/FWD split, not the other way around. Before last round (now that they're desperate), he was getting hardly any CBA's. The guys finally trained properly in the off season, expecting lots of mid time, but got stuck forward. Yes he's overrated, yes he's injury prone, yes he's a *******, but he's never had the opportunity to shine. Now we're just about the worst team in the comp, what do people expect?
I hope he leaves, hopefully North still want him.

Him leaving at seasons end would be the best outcome for the Pies imo. He's not the sort of player you want setting team standards through a rebuild.

Him leaving at seasons end would be the best outcome for the Pies imo. He's not the sort of player you want setting team standards through a rebuild.
Yeah he wants too much money, no runs on the board to justify it. Happy for him to leave

On our rebuild, I'm more confident then most. It's a "mini rebuild", not a full rebuild.

Moore, Maynard, Quaynor, Crisp
Adams, Grundy, Daicos
Elliott, Mihocek, De Goey???
you can throw a couple more in as well (Noble, McCreery, Pendles might play until his 40)

All 28 years old or under. If it clicks for a few of our youngsters and we can get a couple trade bargains, there's no reason why we can't push again in a couple years under a new coach.

Fully expected our decline this year, but I reckon we have a decent enough core.

50/50 on whether to give Tex one last week to kill himself in a showdown win or cut my losses and turn him into Walsh.

Can always sideways him the fu** to Heeney next week anyway.
Ya gotta keep Tex. He'll score 120+ this week and you'll be spewing you traded him.

Or he'll score 40 and cost you a league match.

giphy (16).gif

Which key forward has a good run of fixtures coming up? I like Brown with Sydney, Carlton, Adelaide, Dogs. Tomahawk is dirt cheap, does a return to form come against Richmond, Saints, Gold Coast, Collingwood. Or has Jezza ruined him? Does McKay keep his scoring up? Blues play the Dogs, Dees, Hawthorn and Sydney. Good match-up against the dogs but will get dominated by May then Frosty and then Rampe.

Which key forward has a good run of fixtures coming up? I like Brown with Sydney, Carlton, Adelaide, Dogs. Tomahawk is dirt cheap, does a return to form come against Richmond, Saints, Gold Coast, Collingwood. Or has Jezza ruined him? Does McKay keep his scoring up? Blues play the Dogs, Dees, Hawthorn and Sydney. Good match-up against the dogs but will get dominated by May then Frosty and then Rampe.
If Price is not an issue .....I'm liking McKay's scoring patterns ATM

Also, GWS have the easiest fixture ever after their bye. If Jesse Hogan can like not do drugs and breakdown and stuff. Like, I'm all over that s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back