VFL VFL: Geelong Season 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
The problem is The Brownlow and betting.
Everyone whinged like an absolute motherf**ker when a brownlow chance got suspended for something soft.
Also when a player did something worthy of a suspension the week before a grand final it was a nightmare.
The outcome system greatly decreases the chances of PR problems and dramas with betting agencies.
It will not be getting changed.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
The problem is The Brownlow and betting.
Everyone whinged like an absolute motherf**ker when a brownlow chance got suspended for something soft.
Also when a player did something worthy of a suspension the week before a grand final it was a nightmare.
The outcome system greatly decreases the chances of PR problems and dramas with betting agencies.
It will not be getting changed.

Yep, the AFL is ultimately more concerned about its own image than the safety of its players.

Clark, Narkle and Stanley have been named in the 2nds squad of 30 for Thursday night.
Along with Zuth & Ratugolea

Good to see SDK back in the side this week and named at CHB but no Neale

Round 4 Team
BacksStefan OkunborAaron BlackJackson Thurlow
Half BacksNick StevensSam De KoningZach Guthrie
CentrelineJordan ClarkMax HolmesCharlie Constable
Half ForwardsBen JarvisEsava RatugoleaSam Simpson
ForwardsRhys StanleyJosh JenkinsJackson McLachlan
FollowersDarcy FortQuinton NarkleDarcy Lang
InterchangeJye ChalcraftLuke SmithLiam Herbert
James GowOliver TateTrent McMullan
Jordan JohnstonMarcus HerbertZach Walter
Benjamin WormeOscar BrownlessCameron Taheny

For those wanting to go tomorrow night - would have been nice to get this info earlier in the week

The game is a ticketed event and patrons wanting to attend will need to purchase tickets prior to the match.

Geelong Cats members receive complimentary access to the game but will still need to register for a ticket using the code: MARVFL. Members will be required to present their Geelong Membership pass with their ticket to enter the ground.

Surely we know by now that named VFL teams mean very little.
Did we have to name a squad of 30 tonight or was that our choice?

Seems weird to name such a large squad especially

Did we have to name a squad of 30 tonight or was that our choice?

Seems weird to name such a large squad especially
It wouldn’t surprise me at all if that is our choice. It gives nothing away about AFL selections and I think that’s by design.

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
For those wanting to go tomorrow night - would have been nice to get this info earlier in the week

The game is a ticketed event and patrons wanting to attend will need to purchase tickets prior to the match.

Geelong Cats members receive complimentary access to the game but will still need to register for a ticket using the code: MARVFL. Members will be required to present their Geelong Membership pass with their ticket to enter the ground.

Very strange after promoting the game earlier as costing $10. Although not a lot being included on membership would entice a lot more members to go. “Members will be required to bring their membership card”
We have no membership card!

Very strange after promoting the game earlier as costing $10. Although not a lot being included on membership would entice a lot more members to go. “Members will be required to bring their membership card”
We have no membership card!

The club sent out an email yesterday regarding digital memberships - hopefully they'll be available tonight for those who require them

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
The club sent out an email yesterday regarding digital memberships - hopefully they'll be available tonight for those who require them

Digital memberships :rolleyes:

I guess I should than the club and the afl for forcing me to upgrade my phone but its bit hard to put the digital membership with the other card I have in the draw.

I wonder if this is for good now.

Last edited:
Stanley

I guess I should than the club and the afl for forcing me to upgrade my phone but its bit hard to put the digital membership with the other card I have in the draw.

I requested the physical card.

just so they had to send it 1/2 round the world.

its a 4c piece of plastic ffs...

GO Catters

Stanley

I think a lot of this has also come from the stadiums - I know from reading info for all of MCG, Marvel, AAMI Park & KP that all now require digital tickets for entry, and as a flow on from that, those events utilising the stadiums have had to follow those requirements

It's was interesting to see what other clubs did in regards to memberships as some still sent out the plastic cards but have advised members they'd be needing to redeem a digital ticket for entry this season, Richmond advised they were sending out barcodeless membership cards so that you could add it to your collection but it wouldn't gain you entry to a match, others have gone totally digital with no membership cards on offer at all (Eagles for one) and then Brisbane & North have done similar to us in that they are digital memberships but if you want a "souvenir card" you can request one (the souvenir cards won't gain members match access though)

And in terms of going forward, again reading info from the various clubs it does read that digital is going to be the primary option going forward

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I requested the physical card.

just so they had to send it 1/2 round the world.

its a 4c piece of plastic ffs...

GO Catters

This year has been ....different Daz. "Buying" tickets each game, and sitting in different spots. Thats not all bad ..its gives one a different look. Digital entry only has been a struggle for some. Educating for others. Organising tickets for others and passing it on to them... has been different.
So at least downloading the digital membership means its done for the season, and one is back to the seats that one is used to.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I think a lot of this has also come from the stadiums - I know from reading info for all of MCG, Marvel, AAMI Park & KP that all now require digital tickets for entry, and as a flow on from that, those events utilising the stadiums have had to follow those requirements

It's was interesting to see what other clubs did in regards to memberships as some still sent out the plastic cards but have advised members they'd be needing to redeem a digital ticket for entry this season, Richmond advised they were sending out barcodeless membership cards so that you could add it to your collection but it wouldn't gain you entry to a match, others have gone totally digital with no membership cards on offer at all (Eagles for one) and then Brisbane & North have done similar to us in that they are digital memberships but if you want a "souvenir card" you can request one (the souvenir cards won't gain members match access though)

And in terms of going forward, again reading info from the various clubs it does read that digital is going to be the primary option going forward

Did not even know we could do this

Tonight's team as per the VFL app

F617F971-82E7-40F0-8BF2-BFE71B8E9AEF.png
96815DB4-19E0-4C7E-BD7F-20DEF819BF12.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back