Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

davo999

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Aldinga Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I missed last week I was at a function but from what I’ve seen I’d say keep playing him , he’s made a few mis kicks and that but what he’s shown with his run and marking ability I think we might be on a winner here

Lefti93

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, AEK FC
i've liked his progression so far. these games are vital for him and i think he'll be best 22. his mistakes haven't been brain fart moments, you can see he is doing the right thing and needed some time to settle. has a frame that can fill too. we've discovered another talent and it really is a testament to our recruiting team.

On current form he is miles ahead of Hamish.

200.gif

Bergman has the natural composure of an experienced player. He has adapted well to the pace of the league and reminds me of Pendlebury. When he moves through traffic, he seems to creates more time and space for himself than he should have any right to for a player of his inexperience. He's Pittard without the Shittard.

In fact, he's a lot like Pittard - both men were first-round selections taken a decade apart, both were the same draft height at 186cm and stats-wise, he's remarkably similar to Jasper himself at the same age of their careers.

Obviously he's yet to master his craft, but he's a mighty good pick up with a bright future and we're lucky to have him.

HHHAMMERtime

All Australian
Oct 24, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Iceberg looks like he could become a genuine midfielder, not just a hopeful one.
He’s got those long reaching arms that allow him to get a ball in a contested situation more quickly than those around him. Very Fyfe like in the way that he can do this. Don’t think he will end up the same contested beast but just that trait is similar.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bergman has the natural composure of an experienced player. He has adapted well to the pace of the league and reminds me of Pendlebury. When he moves through traffic, he seems to creates more time and space for himself than he should have any right to for a player of his inexperience. He's Pittard without the Shittard.

In fact, he's a lot like Pittard - both men were first-round selections taken a decade apart, both were the same draft height at 186cm and stats-wise, he's remarkably similar to Jasper himself at the same age of their careers.

Obviously he's yet to master his craft, but he's a mighty good pick up with a bright future and we're lucky to have him.
I see absolutely ZERO similarities between Bergman & Pittard, other than they have both played AFL for Port Adelaide.

Last edited:

Matto01

Debutant
Oct 21, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
whats with these dud comparison's
i watched him up the gabba and he plays very similar to his coach and if he gets anywhere near the level he did then we will have 1 very good player. VOSSY.

Back