Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Doesnt really matter.

If we finish 4th and Chelsea 5th but Chelsea beat City and win the CL then there will just be 5 teams in the CL next season.

The only way we can finish 4th and get bumped out of the CL is if Chelsea finish 5th and win the CL and Arsenal win the Europa League.

Still possible but a long shot.

I mean we're a long shot to finish 4th anyways. Haha

Doesnt really matter.

If we finish 4th and Chelsea 5th but Chelsea beat City and win the CL then there will just be 5 teams in the CL next season.

The only way we can finish 4th and get bumped out of the CL is if Chelsea finish 5th and win the CL and Arsenal win the Europa League.

Still possible but a long shot.

I mean we're a long shot to finish 4th anyways. Haha

Yeah i think CL qualification pretty much done. Focus on the FA cup or even the league cup next season

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Yeah i think CL qualification pretty much done. Focus on the FA cup or even the league cup next season

CL will still be a shitshow next season with covid travel restrictions, empty stadiums etc so not too concerned about missing it for one season. Just need to make sure we miss Europa League also.

CL will still be a shitshow next season with covid travel restrictions, empty stadiums etc so not too concerned about missing it for one season. Just need to make sure we miss Europa League also.

Means a lot to clubs still in european cup play right now (city, chelsea, utd, arsenal). It's cute actually.

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
Tuchel has done a magnificent job at Chelsea. It is amazing they have made a CL final. I do wonder though with crowds and a normal European competition whether it would be the same. City are by far the better side, just don't feel this Chelsea side is that good.

We need to get back to winning trophies next season.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Not done at all just yet. Chelsea are 7 clear at the moment but we have a game in hand. They play City this weekend, we play Southampton at Anfield and if we take care of business and City beat Chelsea we are only 4 points back with a game in hand. Win the game in hand and we are just 1 point behind.

Still all to play for. But we must absolutely win every game of our 5 remaining to have any chance. Chelsea have a tough run ... their last four fixtures are City, Arsenal, Leicester and Villa. Not easy games, any of them.

Leicester too have City, Chelsea and Spurs as their final three games. It's still on the table. But we gotta win out!

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tuchel has done a magnificent job at Chelsea. It is amazing they have made a CL final. I do wonder though with crowds and a normal European competition whether it would be the same. City are by far the better side, just don't feel this Chelsea side is that good.

We need to get back to winning trophies next season.
Good on them for taking their chance but they got really lucky to make the final. Drawing Porto and then beating the worst Real Madrid team I've seen in years, no idea how we lost to them. We've been so s**t this season. They managed to avoid Bayern and PSG altogether and Barcelona and Real are both shadows of their former selves.

Good timing from Chelsea and taking the opportunity when it presented itself. We had that same opportunity with the draw we got but we didnt take it.

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
Good on them for taking their chance but they got really lucky to make the final. Drawing Porto and then beating the worst Real Madrid team I've seen in years, no idea how we lost to them. We've been so sh*t this season. They managed to avoid Bayern and PSG altogether and Barcelona and Real are both shadows of their former selves.

Good timing from Chelsea and taking the opportunity when it presented itself. We had that same opportunity with the draw we got but we didnt take it.

Agreed on the terrible Real team, just shows how bad we are this season as really we should have beaten them.

If they beat City in the final they deserve it and they are every chance with how well they are organised defensively. They bought well in the summer and it's starting to reap reward.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I'm more concerned about buying a top forward tbh, we need goals, too

Think the 2nd half collapse has more to do with lack of goals than centre backs injured

Its a combo of both. Midfielders being shifted into defence killed us, and then we lost Hendo.

Weve got to get the defence back to how it used to be and goals will then follow.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
I saw a video on Redmen Tv today about talk of selling Salah. I watched the first 2 minutes and switched off because of work. But if there is just an ounce of truth to this, it just goes to show how much Liverpool FC can self implode. No club shoots itself in the foot more than us. Ian Rush is the last prolific goal scorer we've had, and that was in the 80s. And even then, he had a year stint with Juventus. For whatever reason, we can't hold onto goal scorers. Torres, sold to the ******* scum. Saurez, Barcelona. I know he wanted to go to Barcelona but hey, David de Gea wanted to go to Real. Great clubs keep their priority players. Our track record is shithouse in this regard.

I'm putthing this season down as an anomoly. But next season I expect us to be right back in the thick of it, but that will only happen if Salah and VVD are in the team. We need to nip any talk oif Salah leaving in the bud.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I dont think Salah is going anywhere. You'd need over 100 million to pry him away from us and with Covid and the losses every club is taking on, I cant see any club forking out that money for him. Not to mention the two likely teams that would be after him are Barca and Madrid and Madrid clearly have plans for Mbappe or Haaland over Salah. Barca are broke, no chance they spend 100 million on him.

It's just not going to happen. Mane and Salah will be playing for us next season for sure.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
We aren't selling Mo

Problem is how we're gonna raise the funds to get the players we need, we basically need 2 CBs, one midfielder and one top forward
Yeah cant see where we get the money for that. We just need to re-sign Gini then dont need to worry about midfield. Then one top forward, one top CB.

I saw a video on Redmen Tv today about talk of selling Salah. I watched the first 2 minutes and switched off because of work. But if there is just an ounce of truth to this, it just goes to show how much Liverpool FC can self implode. No club shoots itself in the foot more than us. Ian Rush is the last prolific goal scorer we've had, and that was in the 80s. And even then, he had a year stint with Juventus. For whatever reason, we can't hold onto goal scorers. Torres, sold to the ******* scum. Saurez, Barcelona. I know he wanted to go to Barcelona but hey, David de Gea wanted to go to Real. Great clubs keep their priority players. Our track record is shithouse in this regard.

I'm putthing this season down as an anomoly. But next season I expect us to be right back in the thick of it, but that will only happen if Salah and VVD are in the team. We need to nip any talk oif Salah leaving in the bud.

You were a pretty good goal scorer too

Salah has been the next Galactico in world football for at least 12 months now. surely you realise our owners have operated the same way the entire time, they sell a big asset for 70m-120m in instalments and a bunch of smaller assets for 30-60m and boom there's our kitty for the season. sell 1 of the front 3 to replenish the entire squad, another no-brainer. especially considering how mentally fatigued they all are, some are in need of a change of scenery, some need a change in teammates, but we definitely know we need revitalisation and can't really just go again with the same team again

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Salah has been the next Galactico in world football for at least 12 months now. surely you realise our owners have operated the same way the entire time, they sell a big asset for 70m-120m in instalments and a bunch of smaller assets for 30-60m and boom there's our kitty for the season. sell 1 of the front 3 to replenish the entire squad, another no-brainer. especially considering how mentally fatigued they all are, some are in need of a change of scenery, some need a change in teammates, but we definitely know we need revitalisation and can't really just go again with the same team again
Salah is not off to Real Madrid.

Madrid have their sights firmly set on Mbappe or Haaland which would bring far more return on investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back