Collingwood = 75,000 (May 6 )
Essendon = 71,023 (as of May 4)
Hawthorn = 70,559 (May 6)
Geelong = 64,000 ( May 6)
Port Adelaide = 57,219
St Kilda = 54,211 (May 6)
Sydney = 48,689
Melbourne = 46,898 (April 23)
Western Bulldogs = 40,000 (announced on April 7)
North Melbourne = 36,004 (April 23)
Brisbane = 35,091 ( May 06)
GWS = "around" 25,000 (as of March 25)
Adelaide = NA
Fremantle = NA

There you go Blahu - you can update the OP now.

Last edited:

Victorian club membership figures always seem dodgy as fu**. Very little correlation to crowd numbers.

A lot of interstate members.

Not at all. Buying a membership doesn't mean you have to go every week. We have 3 full memberships in our family but I'm the only one that goes weekly. Having a membership helps support your club.

This is far more plausible than the "you wouldn't know our members, they live in Canada" line from the previous 2 posters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is far more plausible than the "you wouldn't know our members, they live in Canada" line from the previous 2 posters.
Lol they said interstate, not Canada, which is true. Here in Tassie, most people support a Victorian team. I know from speaking to people from WA, a lot of them still choose to follow their Victorian team too because their support predates the Eagles. I'm sure it would be the same in other states.

Not at all. Buying a membership doesn't mean you have to go every week. We have 3 full memberships in our family but I'm the only one that goes weekly. Having a membership helps support your club.

Hey, that's Wheels (in your avatar)!!! I'm glad to have seen that photo - I was worried I'd imagined seeing a Footscray jumper on Degrassi Junior High as an eight-year old.

Tasmania has 90k AFL members that would rarely, if ever attend games. Most of these people support Victorian clubs.

Essendon have ~3,000 members in WA alone. The Victorian clubs with large national following probably have 15%+ of its membership living outside Victoria.

yep..and at EFC vs Freo or WC, most of them turn up for games. Bomber fans everywhere.

yep..and at EFC vs Freo or WC, most of them turn up for games. Bomber fans everywhere.
They actually don’t and the club has been trying to access more seats at Optus Stadium to enable them to get their supporters more access.

Essendon have ~10,000 active supporters in WA who have told the club they want to join as a member on the basis they can gain access to the games in WA. However my understanding is they can only access less than 5,000 seats on match day. This means the club is unable to realise it’s membership growth in WA and capitalise on the size of its base in WA based on present arrangements..

The club would be able to substantially grow membership outside Victoria and capitalise on its national appeal if it could find solutions somehow. This is probably an issue also confronting the lines of Carlton and Collingwood who probably along with the Bombers have the widest followings in the AFL.

They actually don’t and the club has been trying to access more seats at Optus Stadium to enable them to get their supporters more access.

Essendon have ~10,000 active supporters in WA who have told the club they want to join as a member on the basis they can gain access to the games in WA. However my understanding is they can only access less than 5,000 seats on match day. This means the club is unable to realise it’s membership growth in WA and capitalise on the size of its base in WA based on present arrangements..

The club would be able to substantially grow membership outside Victoria and capitalise on its national appeal if it could find solutions somehow. This is probably an issue also confronting the lines of Carlton and Collingwood who probably along with the Bombers have the widest followings in the AFL.
West coast has the same problem. About 5-10k members on a waitlist to get game access.

well yes that’s the conundrum for us WA bombers

unless you pay $100 for a premium seat that is a re-sell of a WC member you have to get in quick the week before and snap up a crappy seat behind the goals.

I thought all those difficulties in the Subi oval days with away seats were over when it Switched to Optus, but it’s still the same story.

Nevertheless there’s always decent attendance numbers by Dons fans at WC and Freo matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back