George Floyd homicide

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't take long. As I said before, he deserves everything he gets, but the whole court process was so tainted it was laughable.

it was actually an opportunity for you to educate yourself

The reason why you won't call up footage as there is no footage relevant to your position. You will note the police had George under control, crossed the road and had him hand cuffed. At no point during the 9 minute murder did George resist arrest, evidenced by the footage.

If you are referring to the moment where George tried to re-enter his vehicle as the excuse for the murder, then you are providing evidence the police acted out of malice.
Is that what I’m doing? 🥴🤤🍻

Man you’re thick. Stay offended at your own lack of comprehension. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Didn't take long. As I said before, he deserves everything he gets, but the whole court process was so tainted it was laughable.

everyone deserves a fair trial

Yep. Needs to go to a re-trial. Where he'll be found guilty again.

you never know

placing the knee on someone's neck (a procedure banned by his employer due to the risk of death), on someone who is not resisting arresy, whilst the person being executed informs the murderer he can't breath, whilst the citizens inform the murderer he's killing the detainee, whilst the murderer casually has his hands in pocket as there is no resisting of arrest of threat..........

Yep. Needs to go to a re-trial. Where he'll be found guilty again.

Absolutely. You've either got a justice system or you haven't. The US one is in a precarious state as it is, it doesn't need another kangaroo court.

Imagine the uproar, the hand-wringing and pearl-clutching from Murricans if one of their own had gone through a similarly tainted trial in another country. The freedom-and-democracy bombs would be being armed as we speak.

Absolutely. You've either got a justice system or you haven't. The US one is in a precarious state as it is, it doesn't need another kangaroo court.

Imagine the uproar, the hand-wringing and pearl-clutching from Murricans if one of their own had gone through a similarly tainted trial in another country. The freedom-and-democracy bombs would be being armed as we speak.

Agree there needs to be a fair trial

but isn't it ironic that the person who denied George a fair trial is whinging

Nobody is denying that. It's the abuse of due process that's the issue here, the perp is irrelevant.

yep he still needs a fair process

the system however needs to take a long hard look at itself and ask how often do police deny the rights of citizens and how often are trials carried out without appropriate controls to avoid unfair trials

yep he still needs a fair process

the system however needs to take a long hard look at itself and ask how often do police deny the rights of citizens and how often are trials carried out without appropriate controls to avoid unfair trials
I may be incorrect, but I don't think there would have been the same circus in Australia. I'd guess there'd be suppression orders so the likes of Maxine Waters isn't inciting violence. If you breach suppression orders you can end up behind bars.

One of the best defences against police misbehaviour was removed in Victoria about a year ago (de novo trials from the Magistrates' Court into the County Court). It was an effective way to create reasonable doubt, especially when police were lying.

People need to educate themselves on their rights. I am probably in the top 1% of the population in understanding my rights but I still feel ignorant.

Why did Floyd start acting nuts when the cop initially went to his car? If he had just put the cuffs on and went into the cop car he'd be alive today. He knew he was in trouble for using counterfeit money and then tried to get out of going to jail by acting nuts. Did the col go too far? Yes. But he wouldn't of had to if Floyd didn't go mental. He deserves a lot of the blame for getting himself killed. That's just my 2 cents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did Floyd start acting nuts when the cop initially went to his car? If he had just put the cuffs on and went into the cop car he'd be alive today. He knew he was in trouble for using counterfeit money and then tried to get out of going to jail by acting nuts. Did the col go too far? Yes. But he wouldn't of had to if Floyd didn't go mental. He deserves a lot of the blame for getting himself killed. That's just my 2 cents.
Not to mention his prior history of violent and armed crimes. If you’re innocent or guilty you know it yourself. Don’t fight the cops, take it to court instead.

Not to mention his prior history of violent and armed crimes. If you’re innocent or guilty you know it yourself. Don’t fight the cops, take it to court instead.
Who needs courts when you have cops being judge jury and executioner.

You obviously didn’t. Don’t fight, argue or resist cops who want to arrest you. You’ll only get hurt or worse.
Save if for court.
Yeah I got it and you shouldn't do those things but Floyd being murdered for it is what the topic's about. He certainly wasn't fighting, arguing or resisting for the last few minutes of his life.

And the "save it for the court" comment is ridiculous under the circumstances.

Yeah I got it and you shouldn't do those things but Floyd being murdered for it is what the topic's about. He certainly wasn't fighting, arguing or resisting for the last few minutes of his life.

And the "save it for the court" comment is ridiculous under the circumstances.
I understand but again you’re missing/ignoring my point. 🙏🏼

That's one way of looking at the issue and thus we might as well all support shooting dickheads and reducing the cost of trials and jails.

alternatively we could consider most dickheads have a mental health problem, even if inflicted by drugs. Adding to that, the US has a massive poverty due to a society that would hate to support blacks and hispacs.

This leads to no hope, desperation and the consequences all to see.

Lastly, regardless of what he did 15 minutes earlier, he was not resisting arrest during the 10 minutes of his execution. So I'm not sure the blame game is relevant.

That's one way of looking at the issue and thus we might as well all support shooting dickheads and reducing the cost of trials and jails.

alternatively we could consider most dickheads have a mental health problem, even if inflicted by drugs. Adding to that, the US has a massive poverty due to a society that would hate to support blacks and hispacs.

Lastly, regardless of what he did 15 minutes earlier, he was not resisting arrest during the 10 minutes of his execution. So I'm not sure the blame game is relevant.
He clearly resisted getting into the police car. And clearly didn't want to get into the police car because he was a crack head criminal who knew he was going to jail.

Black and Hispanics?

Do you know the figures of whites living in poverty in the same country?

Black and Hispanics?

Do you know the figures of whites living in poverty in the same country?

loads

but slavery attests to the concept that giving blacks nothing for a hard days work, let alone the dole, is enshrined in the nations psyche

then just look at the hispanis who provide slave labour today but then denied visa. did you know it is illegal not to give a worker work, based on illegal immigration status in the US?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back