Insightful Media Coverage

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Daniel Bryan

31382CBA-11D9-403F-8693-CA23384F9FF8.jpeg
L

Daniel Ryan is pretty much the same - except he shouts...

IMMINENT!
IMMINENT!
IMMINENT!

MeltMan

With The Power To MELT!
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Did anyone know that the club had apparently tried or gotten tackling coaches? Saw the question on the most recent ask simmo, and i know it has been brought up here before.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Did anyone know that the club had apparently tried or gotten tackling coaches? Saw the question on the most recent ask simmo, and i know it has been brought up here before.

Engaging MMA coaches, in fact, to look at wrestling techniques. I quite like the intent behind this. Simmo laments our tackling ability but suggests we can't train it any more than we do and it'll improve eventually 🤔

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Engaging MMA coaches, in fact, to look at wrestling techniques. I quite like the intent behind this. Simmo laments our tackling ability but suggests we can't train it any more than we do and it'll improve eventually 🤔
Suggests that the players know how to tackle and can't really train it any more but just pick and choose when they want to actually do it

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Suggests that the players know how to tackle and can't really train it any more but just pick and choose when they want to actually do it

Yep! I raised it recently but there's less reward for the tackler these days. You commit to taking yourself out of the next contest while the oppo can drop the ball and their team mates walk away with it. Whether this is a coaching perception as well, or just the players who are a bit cbf about it because the umps don't reward it, I'm not sure. One thing is for sure, they're never going to reward our semi tackles that slip free.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Whateley on 360 saying there's a theory going around that there won't be any crowds in Perth for at least a month.

I hope he hasn't heard something that we haven't.

Whateley on 360 saying there's a theory going around that there won't be any crowds in Perth for at least a month.

I think he heard it from the bottle he farted in when he removed the cap and let it swarm over his face.

I'm sure they've been told to plan for everything from crowds next week to no more games in Perth this year. If there's no more cases I can't see even the Adelaide game getting moved

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast

he is a 'personality' (oddly he has none) paid to talk. In fact he has to talk while on air regardless of available topics.

do yourself a favour and listen to music of something else

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Oscar and Hammer having a dig at Fyfe re: the self portrait is a good lol

Yeh not sure we should have a podcast pot shotting other blokes at other clubs. That said, I wonder if this is what the players actually think of him and if he's vocally arrogant on the field as well as being an angry Nayfan. It will also be interesting to see if he comes out after Allen at the return Derby,

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeh not sure we should have a podcast pot shotting other blokes at other clubs. That said, I wonder if this is what the players actually think of him and if he's vocally arrogant on the field as well as being an angry Nayfan. It will also be interesting to see if he comes out after Allen at the return Derby,
Gee
There's nothing in that.

Was a pretty minor whack for a very funny incident, and also they nearly broke their arms jerking him off for his on field talent. I'm sure its fine.

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Did I read somewhere it’s 75% capacity next week if things keep on the current trajectory?

Sydney might not have crowds for a month. That has a clear missing link in the chain with the guy that was announced yesterday which means it could pop up anywhere as an outbreak.

Did I read somewhere it’s 75% capacity next week if things keep on the current trajectory?

75% capacity with masks from after midnight on Friday.
If things go well for the week without any more cases that could be subject to change before next weekend

Back