Preview Geelong v Richmond Friday May7 2021 7:50 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond is seriously on the verge of 4 out of 5 premierships, and will deservedly be labelled the greatest team ever, at least in AFL history.
Geelong are on the verge of either just making or missing the 8.
What definitions were you thinking?
On thé verge? They currently sit below us on the ladder and have major issues. And you think we are on the verge of missing the 8 despite being above them. If they lose tonight it’s going to be very difficult for them To make top 4.

On thé verge? They currently sit below us on the ladder and have major issues. And you think we are on the verge of missing the 8 despite being above them. If they lose tonight it’s going to be very difficult for them To make top 4.
Just read article in the HS saying Richmond have the easiest run home from now in the AFL

Just read article in the HS saying Richmond have the easiest run home from now in the AFL

I haven't analysed everyone's draw from here. But they've got to come to Queensland twice, off to Optus for two games, and up to Sydney against GWS as well. Apart from that, it's basically all at the 'G, as you would imagine. But there's still a few games even in this list that I wouldn't be inking in for them at this point.

In the end, there's a very long way to go in this season right now. So talking about easiest run home from here seems more than a little premature to me.

Last edited:
And he's "in no rush" to sign a new contract. Wonder if he'll head off for greener pastures. Can't imagine there's a lot of cash available at Punt Road

I heard it suggested on the news last night that's what he's kinda been informed that there won't necessarily be the salary cap space available for him to have a significant pay increase

Wasn't that also a contributing factor in Ellis moving to GC in that he wasn't going to be able to get a salary increase by staying at Richmond but also a chance he was going to have to take a pay cut to stay at the club

I heard it suggested on the news last night that's what he's kinda been informed that there won't necessarily be the salary cap space available for him to have a significant pay increase

Wasn't that also a contributing factor in Ellis moving to GC in that he wasn't going to be able to get a salary increase by staying at Richmond but also a chance he was going to have to take a pay cut to stay at the club

Richmond better hope their environment is enough to offset a couple of hundred thousand bucks a year.

Sort of thought this might happen when they got Lynch in

I think Freo might be able to make a deal

I haven't analysed everyone's draw from here. But they've got to come to Queensland twice, off to Optus for two games, and up to Sydney against GWS as well. Apart from that, it's basically all at the 'G, as you would imagine. But there's still a few games even in this list that I wouldn't be inking in for them at this point.

In the end, there's a very long way to go in this season at this point. So talking now about easiest run home from here seems more than a little premature to me.
I think it said 10 of their last 14 games are against teams currently out of the top 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at the Richmond muppets in here. I’ve been following Geelong closely since 1984. There’s no other team that we’ve routinely humiliated as often as their rabble. They’re strutting around now because they’ve had 4 good years? 😂 I watched one family treat them like the little bitches they are for the best part of 35 years. Within a couple
Of years, they’ll slide back to 9rh abd we’ll be still competing for flags.

I think it said 10 of their last 14 games are against teams currently out of the top 8

Fair enough. Even we've got 9 out of our last 14 against teams currently outside the eight. With six games at our 'cheat ground' still to come as well. It's not like it's Richmond's draw and then daylight.

Lol at the Richmond muppets in here. I’ve been following Geelong closely since 1984. There’s no other team that we’ve routinely humiliated as often as their rabble. They’re strutting around now because they’ve had 4 good years? 😂 I watched one family treat them like the little bitches they are for the best part of 35 years. Within a couple
Of years, they’ll slide back to 9rh abd we’ll be still competing for flags.

“Few teams have suffered the Ablett magic over the years quite like Richmond”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back