Unofficial Preview Round 8, 2021: North Melbourne vs Collingwood @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, May 8 @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree
Garner Was a clear target up forward despite limited supply and in a team that got done by 100

He’s a much better player than Mahony and he’s finally fully fit

We all love Garner and want to see him in the team but the facts are Garner had 8 touches and didn't trouble the scorers in the VFL, whilst Mahony had 14 touches and a goal.

So right now, Garner is either injured, unfit, or just plain s***.

We all love Garner and want to see him in the team but the facts are Garner had 8 touches and didn't trouble the scorers in the VFL, whilst Mahony had 14 touches and a goal.

The week before he scored 1 goal 2

The fact is it’s not comparable as the vfl team are getting done by 100 Mahony would be invisible down there

The bottom line is garner is a better player and is now fit he should play over Mahony

Mahony is a limited footballer, short slow and not a great user of the ball, gets no distance on his kicks also

Yet the coach keeps playing him so somebody is seeing things differently.

That concerns me for sure as that means they are overlooking mahonys shortcomings

No. It means they believe he and they can overcome them or his other traits outweigh them (either now or on potential).

I think Noble rates Garner a little different (lower) than Bard did .
Let’s face it , Noble did not have a say on whether we kept Garner last year as the decision was made prior to him arriving.
I feel Garner has little hope coming back any time soon. Noble def rates giving the kids a run (Mahoney , Lizard , Phillips etc.)before
Yet the coach keeps playing him so somebody is seeing things differently.
Noble seeing more in Mahoney than Garner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garner looking good another who should be in over Mahony

But with LDU coming back there may not be a spot for him

Ford also looks good, great kick at goal and is a good size
So you say garner over mahony? But say no Campbell over xerrie because soups not the future. Obviously you think garner is?

Soups also playing better than xerrie but you ignore this regardless of your claim garner is playing better than mahony.

Hypocracy not......

Last edited:
He also has chopsticks stuck together with sticky tape for limbs - get the fu** over the Mahony hate, it’s tedious each and every week. He’s done well compared to a lot of players and gut runs a lot providing a link up player, similar to what Dumont offers
He’s finally fully fit it’s time to play him

The Mahony hate as you say is all about getting the best team on the park or players who can make us better going forward

Anyway LDU will probably come in for him

One thing that quietly slipped by last week was that Nathan Buckley (212) broke Brad Scott's (211) record of most games coached in one term at one club without a Premiership.

View attachment 1120097

Sorry. Brad's record is for no Grand Finals. The premiership record is 223 by Neale Daniher. Hopefully Buckley doesn't get Daniher's record as he gets the arse by this time next week.

Im actually surprised that he didn’t take more time off to spend with his family.
Can’t speak for Luke, of course, but can imagine myself, having a 14 year old son now too, that if I had spent my whole life with my dad living and working toward the dream of making it on an AFL list, that the ultimate respect to my father would be to go out and do the thing he was most involved with to get you there. Could possibly mean everything to LDU that he plays this weekend.
Just my take. Could be miles off. They looked super close on draft night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back