Unofficial Preview Round 8, 2021: North Melbourne vs Collingwood @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, May 8 @ 4:35pm

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We’ve gone from being absolutely belted, to not even close to winning a quarter, to winning one quarter, to winning 2 quarters, to dominating 2 quarters and holding on.

We are seeing slow and patient improvement. Some of our depth players are starting to get some momentum.

If our process is clear, strict and we have a clear plan, that’s way better than being a “flash in a pan” kinda team. Patience without steering away from the plan is going to hold us in good stead for the future.

If we are getting the same consistent message whilst learning and when we do win, it will distill a huge amount of confidence in our coach and what he wants us to do. We will believe in the plan and we know it works.
Good post! I agree with you. But I still expect a win

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I want a win for the confidence and morale.

It's important for our young guys to get a taste for winning so they can strive harder to get that feeling again.

It may not happen consistently this season, but it would be utterly demoralising if we went the whole season without a win as much as we want pick 1.

You can see that we are progressing and improving week on week - I think this is our best chance with the pies a shambles.

5E27E863-4CF5-4DDC-915C-3B003461E87F.gif

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good post! I agree with you. But I still expect a win

I think we are concentrating on the way he articulated “we’re not focused on winning”

If we’re not building a strong foundation before success, when we do win, do we go back in our shells? Do we play different? Do we get lazy as soon as we win because all we’re doing is concentrate on winning? Do we lose confidence in the coach when we do end up losing? Does inconsistency comes into play when the standards and plan is changed by the week based on win / loss ratio?

I don’t think we will win this week as Pies are getting so much heat that they’re going to come out firing but maybe we will as they are in shambles.

We want to win 🥇

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's not as if it's difficult to rise above historical all time lows.

Im happy with the long term strategy and the consistent message being relayed. Has to be a lot of pain before success, Noble has been provided a list full of unfit, complacent players. We need to get our fitness right also.

I am excited for the future

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
But we were sh*t, and been sh*t for years.

We had the wrong coaches, staff, players, management. We’re starting out fresh. We would be kidding ourselves if it’s going to be fixed in quarter of a season

...but now it's right & you're certain of that?

...but now it's right & you're certain of that?
no-one can be certain, but you cant judge off of 7 games and 1 preseason. What we are certain that the what was done before didnt work so lets try a fresh.

And lets not forget, we keep getting bags of goals kicked against us. 10, 6, a few 4's and lots of 3. Why, because we are missing Taz, Corr and LMac in defense. Our 3 most experienced defenders out have left us with a completely in experienced backline.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
no-one can be certain, but you cant judge off of 7 games and 1 preseason. What we are certain that the what was done before didnt work so lets try a fresh.

And lets not forget, we keep getting bags of goals kicked against us. 10, 6, a few 4's and lots of 3. Why, because we are missing Taz, Corr and LMac in defense. Our 3 most experienced defenders out have left us with a completely in experienced backline.

Minus one of our best pressure midfielders in Jed, Dumont provides shitload of endurance as well. We have no one in the VFL pushing for spots and in ******* shambles.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

I was quoting an adult.

Go finger paint somewhere else.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Nah. I don’t think anyone can be 100% certain? But I’m happy with this strategy. I can see the slow build. I can see the momentum and confidence building.

Another pre-season under a hopefully new fitness program, healthier list, watch out 2022.

Okay, then just admit this really affords you nothing more than something different, and therefore, "hope".

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Back